Black People : Destee.com

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nisa, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I have been observing this site, and I am just seeing a bulk of the responses in the poetry section, not giving love to other aspects of the community. Me and others have continued to drop knowledge for the sisters and brothers here on the site, but all i see is views, no responses and or comments about it. But if me or others air dirty laundry or talk about sex it gets all the views and replies. Voice chat, yes we have some participants, and i see some of the family, most of the family is in the forum but not participating in the chat, it seems like we would use chat as a way to share knowledge even further. Yes I enjoy the music that me and others play, and I also enjoy the poetry throwdown on fridays and brother oldsouls class on sundays,but we need to give knowledge as well as recieve it. I wonder about the future of this community, I am questioning If I want to even further participate because of what I am seeing. We want to further our people, but i just dont see it happening here on this site...I dont see progression at all..like we are on a standstill.

2. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    Nisa, a great many of the poets who drop their work in the upstairs forum don't venture downstairs to this or other forums. The same is true in reverse - many who come to the downstairs area don't post work in the poetry forums. It's been that way at destee.com at least ever since I got here.

Just like in life, it's best not to worry about others. Just make sure your own behavior is appropriate, and the moderators will worry about everyone.

3. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31

I do.But like i said..you should give love everywhere,but its alright. I won't be participating much longer

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Nisa ... the poetry forums have always been the most active part of our house. The forums started with them alone. We slowly added the different discussion forums as interest grew. Actually, they are pretty active, considering their activity when first created. Chat is the oldest part of the community, we had regular ol' text chat at first, moving to voice chat a couple of years ago.

Sister Gempis is right, folk tend to gravitate toward the area that interests them. I've found over the years that some folk are just "forum folk" ... and some folk are just "chat folk" ... and some folk are "forum and chat folk ... some folk are just "poetry folk" ... and some are just "discussion folk" ... and some are "poetry and discussion folk." This speaks to our diversity, we are not all the same, we are not going to do and enjoy the same things, but it's all here if a Members wants it. Every Member is free to enjoy whatever aspect they please, with no pressure to do any more than that.

Even though chat is the oldest, it's always been the quietest area in the community, as it relates to participation. No comparsion really, between it and the forums. It would be nice to have more of the Family Members coming into chat, but all we can do is provide the opportunity for us to talk live to each other ... we surely can't make anyone take advantage of that.

You say you don't see us furthering our people on this site ... Sister, i disagree with you. There is lots of great progress being made, as a direct result of this community. We are a people that have been so mistreated, conditioned, that in many cases, we don't even know how to come together peacefully, respectfully, and honestly. Many of us (not necessarily in this community), feel that each other is the enemy, this is evidenced by all the killing, stealing, and backbiting we commit against one another. This community helps us be aware of this conditioning, and how terribly it has affected us, and most importantly, how to overcome it. We have the opportunity to learn from other Sisters and Brothers from around the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is a phenomena that did not exist 15 years ago. We are blessed.

I personally have learned so much about myself and my people from those here. It saddens me to think that perhaps you may not have, for the knowledge is flowing and available to all.

Sister Nisa ... it is a blessing simply to know that you are not alone, that i am not alone ... that we have Sisters and Brothers experiencing the same thing, or who have experienced the same thing, and willing to openly share their experiences ... perhaps making yours and mine a little less tedious.

I'm sorry to read that you won't be with us for very much longer. You know i love and appreciate you, all the positive energy you've contributed here. Without that little bit from you, from each and every one of us here, this community would not be what it is. You will be greatly missed.

While we may not be all that we could be ... have faith Sister, that God is able to make manifest what we should be ... i'm totally confident of that.

If you have some suggestions on how we might get there sooner, i'm all ears.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    NISA... dont give up...

Im sorry sista that you feel that way, im pretty new to the site originally drawn by the poetry section. But I have also started taking advantage of the other sections of the site, and i have found that it is very forfilling to the many needs that I didnt think could be forfilled online. I have noticed that you are a staple in the community.. and your words are worth their weight in gold. So, just know, that you make a diffrence for me.. and if you touch one person a year, with your knowledge you have done better than most. :)

6. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    Destee and PoeticManifesta are right, Nisa. Your insights are much appreciated here. I hope your disenchantment with some things doesn't take you away from us.

7. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    I feel that everyone has something to say. Rather it be in the poetry forum, open forum, entertainment forum or where ever. I will find it and I will add my feelings to what you have to say. Expression is the most beautiful gift that
    G-d has blessed us with. When I post something I post it not for myself, but for the education, edification and inspiration of all those here at destee.com and threw out the diaspora.

I do my best not to talk to loud. The question is are yall listening? Yes? Let me and the others know then. I want to know what on yalls minds just as I try to express here whats on mine.

Soul, peace and love from the heavens above.

:spinstar:Soulja:spinstar:

8. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +606
    Nisa, let's stay together, we'll make it better!

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i hate poetry.

10. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    I decided to stay..got off my mad at the destee.com seesaw. Imma chill..destee turned me from a hard apple to applesauce :love: :love: