Black People : Destee.com and Fundraising

Blackbird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Hello Fam,

Does Destee have fundraising potential? Are there any members with the requisite skills to market for fundraising? Poets? Artists? Graphic designers? Screen Printers? Bakers? Etc?

My ....
ans: esrouc fo.

What say you?

Is there a need to utilize membership skills? Could a fundraising campaign benefitting the Destee community be implemented?

Blackbird

Blackbird said:
Hello Fam,

Does Destee have fundraising potential? Are there any members with the requisite skills to market for fundraising? Poets? Artists? Graphic designers? Screen Printers? Bakers? Etc?

My ....
ans: esrouc fo.

What say you?

Is there a need to utilize membership skills? Could a fundraising campaign benefitting the Destee community be implemented?

Blackbird

Hmm, no responses. I'm shocked!

Blackbird

Good effort Brother Blackbird and please, let's not give up on this idea! I'm sure there are some things we can do, utilizing the in-kind gifts and talents of our members, to raise funds to support this community. I'm not sure what I can contribute in the form of ideas but I'm thinking on it and will add my thoughts a little later.

Hmmmm...*thinking* :idea: :blob fire:

Queenie :)

NNQueen said:
Good effort Brother Blackbird and please, let's not give up on this idea! I'm sure there are some things we can do, utilizing the in-kind gifts and talents of our members, to raise funds to support this community. I'm not sure what I can contribute in the form of ideas but I'm thinking on it and will add my thoughts a little later.

Hmmmm...*thinking* :idea: :blob fire:

Queenie :)

Queen,

We all got talents and skills. In another life, I was a spoken word artist and am willing to submit a few more vibes (however rusty they may be) to any fundraising campaign for the benefit of the whole. I guess what I'm saying is Destee has a diverse membership, possessing many talents that can lend a hand to further support of this community. I'm willing to sacrifice the little I have in "gifts" to do so.

My other thread about Destee functioning as a community is rather the lead post to this one. I, for one, would be greatly sadden and dishearten for Destee to cease being and would love for Destee to grow to whatever potential is destined. I guess I'm thinking to ahead, but I have met the acquaintance of too many powerful, insightful, innovative, passionate and professional people. Ya'll, to me, represent the future potentiality of the Black nation. It is a selfish motive behind my madness, I guess, too. I live in a city where political, social and cultural apathy is rampant and most organizing efforts, no matter how ambitious, are usually for naught. Thus being, Destee, outside of my quasi-professional role, helps to keep my sanity and grounding in principles of optimism and empowerment. I believe many here have similar circumstances and are hungry to effect change on whatever level it can happen. Pardon my aggressiveness .... blame it on my youthful age of 28, almost 29 years.

Blackbird

Hello Brother Blackbird,

We've had many Members that have stepped forward and given of themselves to make this community what it is. I've often said that no one person could do this alone. As a matter of fact, Brother Aqil, who has been here forever, is our first ever columnist (doesn't get paid), and contributes much in the Spirituality Forum, has now offered to do free natal charts (astrology readings) for all Premium Members. He's always done them for folk when they asked, but in an effort to help build up the Premium Membership benefits, and likewise, Premium Members, he's offered to do this for us. In addition, he said that he'd be playing some real smooth jazz most every morning that he can, in our voice chat. It's always nice to come into voice chat and hear folk talking or music playing, that the room is active, so he's helping us build in this regard too ... in addition to being a Premium Member.

I mention Brother Aqil because we just finished talking about some of the above, but there are many like him, giving of themselves to make this community what it is.

Again, i appreciate you starting this thread, as it gives me the opportunity to let everyone here know that this is a community effort and we need everyone in the community pulling together to make it be all that it can be.

If a Member has a talent or skill that they think can help make the community better, or even help others in the Family, through hosting your own online class to teach this skill ... please let us know.

I believe that this community has great potential, and the sky is the limit in regard to the lives we can touch positively ... we just gotta make it over the rough spots, which we've become almost pros at! :wink:

Yes, we welcome all help and suggestions from the Family ... please keep them coming!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back