Black People : Despise your boss

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Have you ever worked for someone who was hire up that seemed to be sabotaging your work to make their self seem better or to cover up their mistakes?

And does a BA, MA, PHD qualify you as intelligent?

2. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    Well, I have had a good experience work wise; however I've had to deal with some office politics to say the least! Dealing with noise co-workers, and dealing with people in higher management that could careless and acted so by underminding me and things that I have done...this arrogance like their better because they hold a higher degree than myself. It's hard to deal with it without lashing out...I do need to get paid! LOL what end up happening was I ended up moving to different places in my life and got a better job! So I understand where you're coming from!!!!

Is their any remedy can you talk to them? Or will you decide to move on to a better job/request a different location? That might work, not sure though just a thought.

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    My boss is a manipulator...

She is a black woman...So I'm all for her having a BA or what not...As I am working on getting mine...
    But she is all for trampling those to get where she needs to be...plus, on top of that she will smile in your face and then try to put the blame on you for HER mistakes...
    What I can't stand the most is when she talks to people as if they are stupid...She'll try and say slick stuff to try and mess with your head...
    And then she wants to smile in your face...and talk behind staff's backs...I have a serious problem working with a person and for a person like that...

You should be able to trust your boss...

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Haven't had this problem recently.

But, some years ago, a Black male principal of a middle school where I taught had similar behavior to the boss you've mentioned.---He started out a classroom teacher...Then, he got his Masters and became an A.P....a few years later, he got that Principal's position.

The school was mostly Black and Hispanic in a poor community, a Title 1 school...And he really didn't care about the students or his staff/faculty....He was an opportunist diligently always working towards getting away from that school.....And, yes, he succeeded...Finally, he got a higher/better-paying position at the central office for the school district.

In reference to his staff/faculty, he even once said, "If it comes down to you or me, it's gonna be you." ---He catered to the White teachers and treated his Black teachers like dirt.

So, all the Black teachers who cared about the students bonded as much as we could as a "united front" to and for the students and for each other.

That man was a real butthole, just awful to work under and an "uncle tom" steppin' and fetchin' for any White person.

And, no, a college degree does not qualify one as "intelligent."

5. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298
    GREETINGS MSINTERPRET....

AFTER BEING FORTUNATE TO BE BLESSED WITH DIFFERENT SUPERVISORS WHO , WOULD ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE UNDER THEM WHEN IT CAME TO SOLVING PROBLEMS....AND STAYED OUT OF THE WAY....

....THE LAST SIX MONTHS HAVE BEEN IRRITATING TO SAY THE LEAST WITH MY CURRENT SUPERVISOR....

HE IS AN OLDER (60 - 70) ITALIAN MAN WHO IS VERY SET IN HIS WAYS AND TALKS DOWN TO ANY PERSON WHO IS LOWER THAN HIM IN POSITION....

AND TO MAKE IT WORSE , HE HAS NO CLUE HOW OUR AREA WORKS....SO HE MAKES BULLY DECISIONS THAT COST US TIME AND EFFORT THAT COULD BE USED EFFECIENTLY....

AND ON TOP OF THAT , WHEN WE TRY TO EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT HE IS SCREWING UP , HE WONT LISTEN....

I WORK IN A AUTO FACTORY (GM) , WHERE QUANTITY IS SEEMINGLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN QUALITY....AND SINCE THE GOVERNMENT BAILOUT , THE ATMOSPHERE HAS CHANGED COMPLETELY......IT HAS A SLAVE-TYPE APPEAL TO IT....

WE USED TO WORK 8 HOUR DAYS , NOW WE WORK 11-PLUS HOURS A DAY , 5 DAYS A WEEK...AND THIS IS THE NORM....AND MY SUPERVISOR EXERCISES HIS AUTHORITY WRECKLESSLY LIKE AN AMBITIOUS OVERSEER......

HE POLICES US 9 - 10 HOURS EVERYDAY , DELIVERING INDIRECT HARRASSMENT THAT FUELS RESENTMENT....

I CLASHED FREQUENTLY WITH THIS MAN , BECAUSE HE FIGURED I SHOULD BE LIKE THE OTHER BLACK MEN IN OUR AREA....OBEDIENT , WITH A WILL TO PLEASE HIM....REGARDLESS HOW WRONG HE IS...

...BUT BECAUSE OF THE POWER OF MY PEN AGAINST A FEW OF HIS SUPERIORS AND HIMSELF , HE CHOOSES WISELY WHEN DEALING WITH ME.....

THOUGH I HAVE A LONG HISTORY FOR TELLING WHITE PEOPLE TO THEIR FACES ABOUT THEMSELVES , THEIR ATTITUDE , AND THEIR GAMES.....I DON'T DESPISE HIM AS MUCH AS I DESPISE THE ATTITUDE HE DISPLAYS....

I SAY THIS BECAUSE SINCE I HAVE WRTTEN HIM UP 4 TIMES , HE HAS SLOWLY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT HIS METHODS DON'T WORK ON BLACK PEOPLE THAT STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES....EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE A TEAM LEADER , WHO IS A BROTHER , FROM ATL , THAT PRACTICES HOUSE-NI**ER PERSPECTIVES TO A LEVEL THAT DIMINISHES THE TERM " SELL-OUT "....

WARRIOR

6. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Add me to the list.

I have worked on my job for 6 years. I have ALWAYS done exactly what I'm paid to do and a little more to maintain better homes and gardens. My boss has recently become an @$$hole of the highest magnitude. He froze raises 2 years ago, berates me in front of people, constantly looks over my shoulder, insults me and holds out. I have tried speaking with him to no avail. Now I give him back what he gives me. But respectfully. And no unpaid extras.

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    1 try to work where there is a union
    2 If one is familiar with the chain of command in a white collar establishment and where the supervisor fits regarding those at the top,
    report all incidents or if those at the top are covering for this individual,

find another job.

3. In the corporate world were there are no checks or balances, and there is no protection under the law from jerks idiots and opportunists, and all kinds of underhanded crap goes on regardless of the color of the firm.

Intelligence is not a prerequisite for high pay

degrees are!!!!!!!!!!!!

did Madoff look that smart?
    Timothy Geithner is about as intelligent as W, but he has the degrees

8. KEMAKIL

KEMAKIL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electronic/Telecom Engineer
    Ratings:
    +44
    Fortunately, for me, most of my career I've been one of a few blacks in the office, so nobody tried me.
    My Asian and Hispanic co-workers didn't fair so well. The Hispanics were still learning corporate politics and in-fighting,
    and the Asians didn't like to rock the boat. The Asian preferred to switch departments/jobs than challenge a superior.

Now, anyone that can't handle their boss, could you please pass that job along to me.
    I'm afraid I don't have one that you can use while I'm working yours, but I think you need a break.
    :em4500:

9. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    In the main district office that I work at...I have only seen maybe 5 black people the whole time...3 of which I know work there....
    You would think that we are the obvious minorities that we would stick together instead of trying throw each other the bus to get to the top...

It's a doggy dog world

10. hellogood

hellogood Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +261
    This is NOT to say ALL who have degrees act this way.

You can't program common sense. The european "educational" system actually stops learning by giving "degrees". Degrees of programming. Of course there are areas where a degree actually means something like in engineering and medicine.

BA, MA, PH d does not make you "intelligent". I've seen people who held "degrees" and lacked common sense and knowledge of the basics. FIRST GRADE basics.

Keep your own records i say, copies of stuff if you have a job where you can "document". Make sure your work is 1000% accurate, so the sabotage is obvious.