Black Positive People : Design by LAW: Lenny Andre Williams

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
http://designbylaw.com/

Design By Law is available at your convenience to host motivational workshops, presentations, individual and group sessions in order to aid reaching future goals and opportunities. Our specializations include College 101, Self Development, Assistance in Vocational training, and much more for individuals of all ages.

Design By Law Clothing will donate 12% of its proceeds towards a scholarship fund that will create new opportunities for students and save lives. Email designbylaw@gmail.com for more information on how to get your Design By Law Apparel.

.....My name is Lenny Andre Williams from Linden, NJ. If my story started from the past than most people would proclaim me a failure without delving deeper into the pages of my life. Standards of scholastic understanding presented me with common disparities and reasons for discouragement. My SAT scores provided me with a disappointing combined score in the 700’s (Math and Reading combined) eventually finishing with an 820 after numerous attempts. I failed the HSPA test (NJ State High School Graduation Assessment) twice.

Upon graduating; my story’s plot turned towards more prosperous endeavors. I was accepted to New Jersey City University (NJCU) where I would stumble again on standardized testing. Failing the University’s mandatory placement test rewarded me with the opportunity to take non-credit courses. These courses only allotted me 3 credit hours towards my degree where the minimum amount of credits to be earned prior to collegiate graduation was 128 credit hours. I would then be informed by my academic advisor that it would take close to a decade to receive my bachelor’s degree I would later fail my first two papers in my remedial courses. Many people would have closed the book during this chapter of their lives, but I was too intrigued about my story; so I read on.

With a brand new understanding of my story and a new outlook on life; I was able to defy my circumstances and graduate college in 4 years. During the course of my collegiate studies; I was selected for numerous local scholarships. Imagine a young man who seemed to be a scholastic invalid transforming himself into an academic tri-athlete. During my junior year, I was selected as the first “Corporate Scholar” within the business department at New Jersey City University. The corporate scholar is permitted to attend school with their tuition paid in full and work as an intern for a Fortune 500 company. I began my internship with Tyco Simplex Grinnell and received employment upon completing the program.

After graduating, I worked for Simplex Grinnell and owned a clothing line company with two partners. We named the clothing line “Dirty Backpack Krew” which ran from 2008 to 2011. The clothing line was successful as we worked with local and mainstream artist to create hip hop shows and guest appearances on online radio shows (DTF Radio).

Presently my story has turned towards the applause of admiration. I went from a young man who couldn’t pass a standardized test to graduate high school to a new young man currently completing his MBA in Marketing with an expected graduation date of December 2013. I currently work at a state university as an admissions counselor which has given me insight to the needs of the student’s pre and post high school. In 2013, I was chosen to be a participant to provide leadership to at risk youth (16-23) alongside Jay Morrison from NBC’s Celebrity Realtor show, NY Jets Defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson.

Ever since I have engaged myself in these new chapters I have found reason and purpose to my life. In January 2013, I decided to formulate a company embedded in my passion which came to me in a recurring dream. I founded a company whose primary purpose is giving back to society. I created Design by LAW which is a motivation/mentoring company based out of New Jersey. The word design entails an individual’s rare mental blueprint. LAW simply represents my initials. Design by LAW believed that once an individual understands his/her goals; we will help nourish those goals by staying true to our creed. “Creating a mind without borders.”

I only know the tale of this story from past to present. I have read the outings of society and obstacles it presents. I am not someone who attempts to guess the outcome of life as we scan through its underlying burdens. I am merely a man reading the imprints of the pages set before me. I am still reading my story as we commence to the future. My name is Lenny Andre Williams; and this is Design by LAW.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back