Black People : Deployed Again: Destination Puerto Rico

Bla bla Bla.

The Puerto Rico government is as corrupt as any in the Caribbean and most of south america, including my own country(Dominican Republic). At this point giving money to PR would be the same as what happened in Haiti. The money disappears and the people in the government suddenly find themselves driving new vehicles.
I think statehood would probably be good for them but the US also needs in that case to take in the other territories such as US Virgin Is. Guam, etc. Most of who are doing much better than PR. Will be interesting to see if some of the current laws are changed such as contracts have to be in spanish. Also with the other territories you have official languages this includes PR, but not so with the US it has no official language
PR is looking for a bailout their incentives are not that great since just as here you have to provide your own backup infrastructure for electricity etc. without a complete rebuild of their electric network instead of a patch job, which is by the way what the DR normally ends up doing. their system will not change. Corruption seems to be ingrained in the Latin American DNA.
The only US territory that has a positive growth rate is GUAM

As they say, what goes around comes around ... :great:

Senate hopefuls woo Puerto Ricans in Florida

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/35c5de96-dfd3-3498-9ba0-988d17491cd3/ss_senate-hopefuls-woo-puerto.html
Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rossello endorsed incumbent Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson, who is locked in a toss-up election against Republican challenger and Florida Gov. Rick Scott. “I believe in Bill Nelson,” Mr. Rossello, the son of a former governor who was elected in 2016 as a representative of the New Progressive Party, said in a press conference in Orlando to announce the endorsement...

The Washingtion Times

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back