Black People : Democrats vs. Republicans

gempis

May 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Occupation
strength coach
I have been exchanging emails about the election with a friend of mine - a young sister from NYC who is currently attending college in Virginia. The following is part of her latest correspondence. She goes into why the Democrats are frustrating her and why they shouldn't take the black vote for granted, among other things.

I think there's a lot of truth in what she says, and she is much more fair-minded than I could have been. I'm betting some may find her views controversial, but I think her analysis is very impressive for a 20-year-old:

I can deal with people who voted for Bush. One of my good friends who happens to be a black woman voted for him. But she had a list of reasons. We may not have agreed, but at least she was intelligent in her decision and discussion and didn't say some dumb ish like "I think he's good."

Democrats dropped the ball. They need to stop taking the black vote for granted. Democrats need to man up and realize that Black folk are vrrrrry religious.

So once gay marriage was made an issue, the problems started for the Dumbocrats. Democrats seem to be under this feeble minded notion that all blacks are progressive. I don't know where the eff they got that from. The majority of blacks in the red states are conservative and I don't know why that's so surprising when you think of the difference between the blue Northeastern/Western blacks and red Southern Baptist/Mid West blacks in the first place.

Put it simply, we think they're slow and ignorant bible thumping country bumpkins and they think we're immoral capitalist heathens who don't go to church. Two different agendas, two different communities. Democrats failed to understand this.

Dumbocrats need to get real and learn how to get what they want. They need to get a black person that knows how to talk to black folks. Put Barak Obama on the democratic ticket in '08. They need to get the first black president, Bill Clinton back. He understood that all it takes is education and appealing to three things: their faith, their kids and their wallets. In that order. But since he can't chill in the White House, they need to listen to the man on how to really appeal to blacks. Sure most blacks who voted, voted for Kerry. But how many blacks didn't even bother to vote because they just weren't feeling Kerry? And there were plenty of blacks that voted republican for the first time ever.

Democrats are dumb because they don't compromise, they backtrack. Take civil unions for example. The repukelican party made it a faith issue. "See look at those immoral liberal bastids." All the dumbocrats had to do was turn around and make it a family and money issue. Remind black folks that they have gay relatives. "Hey, LaQuisha might get hurt one day. You wouldn't want Chantelle to not be able to see her in the hospital right?" Or, "Look at your daughter Donita. She wants to have kids someday too. Should you not be a grandmother just because your daughter loves a woman?" Economics - "Hey folks, all money is green and spends the same. It can all have a favorable economic impact on the community and 2 incomes is better than 1." Or my favorite, "AIDS is killing your community because you won't wake the **** up and realize the ignorant message you are sending to you children."

Instead, Democrats were like, "Well hell, you guys were discriminated against, shouldn't you understand?" Wrong. Did the Dems forget that there are racist, sexist, homophobic and elitest blacks too? Blacks don't relate to anyone's struggle but their own. And comparing gay rights to civil rights pissed off the conservatives even further. Smart people would have compared it to women's rights to detatch the personal from the issue.

The Democrats need to learn that you don't have to get black people to agree with you to get what you want. You have to get them to relate to you. Once they relate, they're more likely to listen. Kerry was viewed as a wealthy pencil pushing girly man whose wife had him by the balls, not to mention he's Catholic. Bush was viewed as an effing *******, but a faith based, beer drinking, alpha male ******* in wartime no less. If they weren't viewed that way in the south and midwest, Kerry would have gotten more blacks period to vote for him instead of just college educated, liberal, politically active blacks who were worried about the economy and vote democratic anyway. There were plenty of poor blacks who voted rich because Bush was the flawed God fearing Christian boy from the south. They could relate.

But still, eff Bush.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
There were plenty of poor blacks who voted rich because Bush was the flawed God fearing Christian boy from the south. They could relate.

Then I guess Bill Cosby was right, poor blacks are holding us back!!!!!!

gempis

May 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Occupation
strength coach
I dunno, pan, I mean it's an opinion. I'm interested to hear what the rest of y'all think.

Radical Faith

Dec 3, 2003
North Carolina
Occupation
Operations Manager
Excellent

This young lady did a pretty good analyses of the process in which led Bush back to office. Here is a clear case of what I've been saying all along. When the facts where laid out a majority of the people ignored the presidents performance thus far. Most people forgot Bush is a rich man looking out for the rich. Bush had some of the harashest unforgiving policies when it came to putting Black Man to death in the state of Texas but didn't execute those White Men that drug the meat from bones of a Black Man in Jasper, that has 1000's of our troops dying in a war compareable to the new Vietnam War, there have been more jobs lost, the national deficit is astronomical and he wants to open the U.S./Mexico border. With Bush we have gone backwards. But Black Folks especially my fellow Christians voted for him based upon his stance on marriage and abortion. I'm a Chistian and when I think of Bush I thinks of several scriptures. Here are some.

Matthew 19:24,25

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Matthew 25:42-45

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

Those are just at a few.

Peace

Radical Faith

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People Politics : LACK OF SUPPORT FOR DEMOCRATS ( BLUE STATES ) IS BECAUSE REPUBLICANS DON'T WANT TO HELP THE BLACK ( DEMOCRATIC ) COMMUNITY Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : If You Want A Just World, Neither Republicans Nor Democrats Will Give It To You Black People Politics 9
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : buck-up-democrats-and-fight-like-republicans Black People Politics 1
Alarm Clock Black People : Bipartisan Victory as Republicans and Democrats Agree Poor People Should Go Hungry Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Democrats an Republicans play Good Cop/Bad Cop to get Black folks to accept Neocon Policies Black People Open Forum 26
I Black People : Democrats and Republicans are at the Black People Open Forum 6
T Black People : Democrats vs. Republicans Black People Open Forum 15
C Black People : Phony White Liberal Democrats Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People Politics : THE DEMOCRATS DON'T KNOW POLITICS OR THEY ARE SO BUSY TRYING TO RIG THEIR OWN ELECTION. Black People Politics 20
S Black People : Democrats Abandon Winnable Seat In Kansas Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : democrats-strike-back-in-the-redistricting-wars Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : bannon-says-democrats-have-plantation-mentality Black People Politics 2
S Black People : Democrats Helped Pave The Way For Trump Education Secretary Choice Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People Politics : Why Democrats Got Wiped Out At Every Level Of Government In The Last Election Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Democrats' Plan to take back White House: #swingleft Black People Politics 938
IFE Black People Politics : New Petition Calls on Democrats to Prioritize Ending Mass Incarceration Black People Politics 0
chuck Black People Politics : Do Our Issues Really Matter To The Democrats Black People Politics 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Suddenly Democrats Have To Worry About The Black Vote Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Senate Democrats reject bill to build Keystone XL oil pipeline Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : African-American Democrats form coalition to counter "disrespect" for black causes Black People Politics 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Putin’s sanctions on Americans unite Democrats, GOP Black People Politics 11
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Do Democrats and President Obama Really Want to Raise the Minimum Wage? Black People Politics 3
chuck Black People Politics : Obamacare: Even House Democrats Have Their Doubts! Black People Politics 5
Alarm Clock Black People : Democrats Accept More Cuts in Food Stamp Program Black People Open Forum 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Democrats... We can expect Much of the Same from Right Wing Radio. Black People Politics 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : To Hell With The Democrats, To Hell With The Republican Chief Elder Osiris 1
P Black People : What ever happened to Progressive Democrats?? Black People Open Forum 0
Thuso Black People : Another stolen election, this time at the hands of the Democrats? Black People Open Forum 1
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : History 101: The Democrats and the KKK Omowale Jabali 9
A Black People : POLITRICKS(democrats in particular) Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Senate Republicans block plans to make elections more secure from foreign interference Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : The Supreme Court Just Gave Its Latest Gift to Senate Republicans Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations." Black People Politics 325
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : republicans-vote-to-gut-ethics-office Black People Politics 5
Liberty Black People Politics : What would happen if nonvoters actually showed up? Hint: Republicans wouldn’t be happy Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Republicans Are Already Planning How to Ruin a Hillary Clinton Presidency Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Republicans Are Even Blocking Their Own Nominees Now Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Marco Rubio shows other Republicans how to respond to Black Lives Matter Black People Politics 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama is renaming the tallest peak in North America — and Republicans are freaking out Black People Politics 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Poll: Iowa Republicans Side with Obamas After Huckabee's Beyoncé Attack Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Republicans Mad That Obama Mentioned Ferguson in U.N. Speech Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Meet the Impeachment Crowd: 6 Republicans Who Want Obama Out Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : House Republicans to try to impeach U.S. Attorney General Holder Black People Politics 2
Destee Black People Politics : Where Are All The Black Republicans? Black People Politics 7
OldSoul OldSoul : S & P Blames Republicans for Downgrade! OldSoul 3
Amnat77 Black People : Poll: 46 percent of Mississippi Republicans want interracial marriage ban Black People Open Forum 3
Amnat77 Black People : How Republicans Party Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Republicans wanted off Shore Drilling since Reagan, so how is this "Green"? Black People Open Forum 10
MsInterpret Black People : Could 2010 be year of Black Republicans? Black People Open Forum 42
Therious Black People : Black Republicans A Sick Twisted Mess Black People Open Forum 39