Black People : Democrats vs. Republicans

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by gempis, Nov 8, 2004.

1. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have been exchanging emails about the election with a friend of mine - a young sister from NYC who is currently attending college in Virginia. The following is part of her latest correspondence. She goes into why the Democrats are frustrating her and why they shouldn't take the black vote for granted, among other things.

I think there's a lot of truth in what she says, and she is much more fair-minded than I could have been. I'm betting some may find her views controversial, but I think her analysis is very impressive for a 20-year-old:

I can deal with people who voted for Bush. One of my good friends who happens to be a black woman voted for him. But she had a list of reasons. We may not have agreed, but at least she was intelligent in her decision and discussion and didn't say some dumb ish like "I think he's good."

Democrats dropped the ball. They need to stop taking the black vote for granted. Democrats need to man up and realize that Black folk are vrrrrry religious.

So once gay marriage was made an issue, the problems started for the Dumbocrats. Democrats seem to be under this feeble minded notion that all blacks are progressive. I don't know where the eff they got that from. The majority of blacks in the red states are conservative and I don't know why that's so surprising when you think of the difference between the blue Northeastern/Western blacks and red Southern Baptist/Mid West blacks in the first place.

Put it simply, we think they're slow and ignorant bible thumping country bumpkins and they think we're immoral capitalist heathens who don't go to church. Two different agendas, two different communities. Democrats failed to understand this.

Dumbocrats need to get real and learn how to get what they want. They need to get a black person that knows how to talk to black folks. Put Barak Obama on the democratic ticket in '08. They need to get the first black president, Bill Clinton back. He understood that all it takes is education and appealing to three things: their faith, their kids and their wallets. In that order. But since he can't chill in the White House, they need to listen to the man on how to really appeal to blacks. Sure most blacks who voted, voted for Kerry. But how many blacks didn't even bother to vote because they just weren't feeling Kerry? And there were plenty of blacks that voted republican for the first time ever.

Democrats are dumb because they don't compromise, they backtrack. Take civil unions for example. The repukelican party made it a faith issue. "See look at those immoral liberal bastids." All the dumbocrats had to do was turn around and make it a family and money issue. Remind black folks that they have gay relatives. "Hey, LaQuisha might get hurt one day. You wouldn't want Chantelle to not be able to see her in the hospital right?" Or, "Look at your daughter Donita. She wants to have kids someday too. Should you not be a grandmother just because your daughter loves a woman?" Economics - "Hey folks, all money is green and spends the same. It can all have a favorable economic impact on the community and 2 incomes is better than 1." Or my favorite, "AIDS is killing your community because you won't wake the **** up and realize the ignorant message you are sending to you children."

Instead, Democrats were like, "Well hell, you guys were discriminated against, shouldn't you understand?" Wrong. Did the Dems forget that there are racist, sexist, homophobic and elitest blacks too? Blacks don't relate to anyone's struggle but their own. And comparing gay rights to civil rights pissed off the conservatives even further. Smart people would have compared it to women's rights to detatch the personal from the issue.

The Democrats need to learn that you don't have to get black people to agree with you to get what you want. You have to get them to relate to you. Once they relate, they're more likely to listen. Kerry was viewed as a wealthy pencil pushing girly man whose wife had him by the balls, not to mention he's Catholic. Bush was viewed as an effing *******, but a faith based, beer drinking, alpha male ******* in wartime no less. If they weren't viewed that way in the south and midwest, Kerry would have gotten more blacks period to vote for him instead of just college educated, liberal, politically active blacks who were worried about the economy and vote democratic anyway. There were plenty of poor blacks who voted rich because Bush was the flawed God fearing Christian boy from the south. They could relate.

But still, eff Bush.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Then I guess Bill Cosby was right, poor blacks are holding us back!!!!!!

3. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    I dunno, pan, I mean it's an opinion. I'm interested to hear what the rest of y'all think.

4. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Excellent

This young lady did a pretty good analyses of the process in which led Bush back to office. Here is a clear case of what I've been saying all along. When the facts where laid out a majority of the people ignored the presidents performance thus far. Most people forgot Bush is a rich man looking out for the rich. Bush had some of the harashest unforgiving policies when it came to putting Black Man to death in the state of Texas but didn't execute those White Men that drug the meat from bones of a Black Man in Jasper, that has 1000's of our troops dying in a war compareable to the new Vietnam War, there have been more jobs lost, the national deficit is astronomical and he wants to open the U.S./Mexico border. With Bush we have gone backwards. But Black Folks especially my fellow Christians voted for him based upon his stance on marriage and abortion. I'm a Chistian and when I think of Bush I thinks of several scriptures. Here are some.

Matthew 19:24,25

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Matthew 25:42-45

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
    44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
    45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

Those are just at a few.

Peace

Radical Faith

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Well said brother Radical Faith!