Black People Politics : Democrats' Plan to take back White House: #swingleft

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Billionaire and ex-New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg is taking steps to run for president

The move marks a major reversal for Bloomberg, who announced in March that he would not run for president, and also serves as a public rebuke of the performance so far of former vice president Joe Biden, who has attempted to build a coalition of the same moderate Democrats that Bloomberg would court...

By
Matt Viser and
Michael Scherer

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

The Latest: Trump aims to pit black voters vs. immigrants

Associated Press

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Klobuchar attacks Bloomberg and Buttigieg as Democrat infighting grows

Edward Helmore
The Guardian

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

Deval Patrick Joins Crowded 2020 Presidential Contest

Jennifer Epstein and Tyler Pager
Bloomberg

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Black South Carolina Leaders Distance Themselves from Buttigieg Campaign’s ‘Douglass Plan’

“How it was rolled out was not an accurate representation of where I stand,” Thigpen added. “I didn’t know about its rolling out; somebody brought it to my attention, and it was alarming to me, because even though I had had conversations with the campaign, it was clear to me, or at least I thought I made it clear to them, that I was a strong Bernie Sanders supporter — actually co-chair of the state, and I was not seeking to endorse their candidate or the plan.”

Tobias Hoonhout
National Review

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
They should buy it :facepalm:

Too Far Left? Some Candidates Don't Buy the Argument

Jennifer Medina and Lisa Lerer
The New York Times

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
At this rate, if this keeps up, Democrats are going to shoot themselves in the foot and run the risk of losing the race for the WH. Still too many candidates in the race and many of them ignoring early poll readings and hanging on by the skin of their teeth. It's still early, but come January, they better get their acts together and start working together. The only thing keeping them afloat right now is the inevitable implosion of the GOP.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
The middle has moved so far right it's hard to know what left even means any longer.
Is it too far left to suggest that the monied classes start paying their share in the up keep of the commons instead of just buying and feasting on those commons for pennies on the dollar then leaving the hollowed out bones for the rest of us to deal with. Think Flint Mich. lead poisoning. Or in Detroit (I think) the water supply getting shut off for ten dollar water bill being owed while some nearby private golf course owes tens of thousands of dollars and Nestles pumps a nearby aquifer for next to nothing for bottled water to sell for profit. Or our schools begging for cash and resources while charter classrooms steal the coin that then goes into some private pocket to buy yet another yacht or private jet. Examples abound and too myriad to list and you get the idea but the question remains, what is too far left in reclaiming our right to the commons.
Is it too far left to suggest that a person who works two jobs should be able to at least be able to afford a rent AND put food on the table. Is that too far?
Is it too far left to suggest our young shouldn't have to go into a debt peonage for most of their lives to get some kind of decent education? Or that a person that has contributed 40 and 50 years of their life to the work force should have an adequate if not exactly comfortable retirement without having to rely on the whim of a private equity owner or firm? Is that too far?
Too far left to say, enough already. Stop poisoning our water, our air and soils. Is that to far?

What does left even mean these days? Good old Neo-liberal politics as usual? Then get set, the worst is yet to come.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.