Black People : Democrats Accept More Cuts in Food Stamp Program

Please Donate

I need your help. destee.com will be 25 years old in October and I don't know that we'll make it. It is hard to keep us alive right now. Our costs have only increased over the years. We have all put our love into this community, but love is not enough to keep the lights on. destee.com needs your financial help too. We are the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world. Please help us remain. Click the Donate button below or CashApp $8664destee - Thank you.

Alarm Clock

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 6, 2013

MimiBelle

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 13, 2010
Texas...for now.
Occupation
RN-BSN
That site is so slanted.
I see anti-gun rhetoric.
Me no likey.

I tend to look at most social programs as something of a necessary evil. I care about social security and anything to do with our seniors but I don't actually care much about anyone tinkering with 'food stamps'.
... because of what I consider to be 'the rampant abuse' of the program.
That has to stop.

No one has to cut anything, I think. Just make it that much harder to commit fraud. Like, I dunno...issuing those little cards with the name of the recipient printed on them, making it that much harder for just about anyone to use benefits that don't belong to them?

I just disagree that anyone should cut 'stamps' and especially at THIS time...when some who now live on the system are probably just victims of a severe economic slump. Some folks weren't always destitute. They just 'fell out' of the middle and beyond. It happens.
*shrug*

I mean - America could just trim the fat from the defense budget. It's massive compared to every other nation.
A few billion removed won't kill it (or us).

...'the Dems are capitulating'...

Again...?
*laugh*

Are we talking about the same party that betrayed Clinton?
The same party that allowed Bush to declare war with faulty intel? Same party that allowed Bush and a minority of congressional Republicans to pass tax cuts among other things?
Dems held the majority TWICE and Pelosi's a--s had every excuse in the book as to why they couldn't reign Bush & Co in.

Yet, everyone blames... Bush.
How interesting.
... and here I thought it was the job of Congress to check executive power....

All joking aside, I expect the Dems to 'puss out'. When push comes to shove, that's what they do best.
I don't care much for either party but I do respect 'balls'...and it seems that whatever 'balls' the Dems had up and defected to the GOP in the 1960's and 70's.

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Washington
That site is so slanted.
I see anti-gun rhetoric.
Me no likey.

I tend to look at most social programs as something of a necessary evil. I care about social security and anything to do with our seniors but I don't actually care much about anyone tinkering with 'food stamps'.
... because of what I consider to be 'the rampant abuse' of the program.
That has to stop.

No one has to cut anything, I think. Just make it that much harder to commit fraud. Like, I dunno...issuing those little cards with the name of the recipient printed on them, making it that much harder for just about anyone to use benefits that don't belong to them?

I just disagree that anyone should cut 'stamps' and especially at THIS time...when some who now live on the system are probably just victims of a severe economic slump. Some folks weren't always destitute. They just 'fell out' of the middle and beyond. It happens.
*shrug*

I mean - America could just trim the fat from the defense budget. It's massive compared to every other nation.
A few billion removed won't kill it (or us).

...'the Dems are capitulating'...

Again...?
*laugh*

Are we talking about the same party that betrayed Clinton?
The same party that allowed Bush to declare war with faulty intel? Same party that allowed Bush and a minority of congressional Republicans to pass tax cuts among other things?
Dems held the majority TWICE and Pelosi's a--s had every excuse in the book as to why they couldn't reign Bush & Co in.

Yet, everyone blames... Bush.
How interesting.
... and here I thought it was the job of Congress to check executive power....

All joking aside, I expect the Dems to 'puss out'. When push comes to shove, that's what they do best.
I don't care much for either party but I do respect 'balls'...and it seems that whatever 'balls' the Dems had up and defected to the GOP in the 1960's and 70's.

You ain't neva lied.

They all one entity at the end of the day.

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
No jobs. Just cuts. GOD help you if you are or ever go poor

581160_587149857973550_657052360_n.jpg

Latest profile posts

2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.
Kemetstry wrote on Cindy's profile.
Why are you following me?
Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss: