Black History Culture : Democracy and African Traditional Wisdom

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by I-khan, May 11, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Traditional Africa, like the U.S. from its inception and continuing until today, never had much use for democracy. Unlike the U.S., traditional Africa opted for monarchy, circumscribed by eldership councils, which had the power to revoke the powers of the king where the latter overstepped the constitutional bounds of traditional law and custom. The U.S. is properly a constitutional republic, not a democracy. With allegedly universal franchise (at least since ca. 1960 when American Africans secured the right to vote), it lays claim to being a representative democracy. But with the forthcoming 2004 presidential elections shaping up as a choice between two Bonesmen -- George W. Bush and John F. Kerry are both members of the Skull and Bones secret society -- one may be justified in asserting that the U.S. is run by an aristocracy, and that behind the charade of a universal franchise, there is a secret government, to which Bonesmen may be privy, but you and I not.

http://theafrican.com/Magazine/democ+Africa.html