Health and Wellness : Deli Dilemma: Meat and Cheese Linked to Earlier Death

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Wellness,

... This is a serious one Family. Candidly speaking, I was always somewhat cautious about getting the extra cheese with my sandwich. But like everyone else, and every so often, I'd give in and say yes to: "would you like cheese on that" ... But not anymore, not after reading this :facepalm:

Doctor's Take
So will that charcuterie and cheese plate kill you? If it's once in a while, you probably don't have much to worry about. While this study found that routinely eating too much animal-based protein could be a problem, it does not mean that meat and cheese are poison. On the contrary, these foods can provide many vital nutrients that are not easily found in other foods.

Deli Dilemma: Meat and Cheese Linked to Earlier Death

GTY_meat_cheese_sandwich_sk_140304_16x9_992.jpg

Deli Dilemma: Meat and Cheese Linked to Earlier Death (ABC News)

By Ross Charles, M.D. (@rosscharlesmd)

Too much meat and cheese may be a recipe for disaster, according to a new study that links the consumption of animal-based protein to an increased risk of early death for people in their 50s and early 60s.

The study of more than 6,000 American adults found those between the ages of 50 and 65 with diets high in animal protein were 74 percent more likely to meet an untimely end than those who consumed less animal protein or got their protein from non-animal sources.

For deaths due to cancer, the risk was four times higher, according to the study.

suggested reading:
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...earlier-death-204842650--abc-news-health.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back