Black Positive People : Dejay Blunt, Pinellas high school valedictorians and salutatorians of 2014

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by IFE, Jun 5, 2015.

1. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    image.jpg

Salutatorian: Deja Blunt, 18

GPA: 4.71

PARENTS: Catrecia Pitts and Derick Blunt

COLLEGE: University of Florida, Gainesville

INFLUENCED BY: My mother. She was a hard worker, she encouraged me, and she always backed my decisions 100%.

SHOUT-OUT: To Mrs. Lindsay Katz, my 10th grade English 2 Honors teacher because of the teacher-student bond we share. Even after I moved on to the next grade she still helped me with assignments when I was struggling, and motivated me to always try my best.

BEST MEMORY: My senior basketball season because, as a team, we proved a lot of people wrong. The Varsity Lady Tornadoes won a district title under a new coach, and I made First Team All-County.

MADE IT THROUGH: Trying to keep up with my honors and AP classes while recovering from ACL reconstruction.

PASSION IN LIFE: Basketball, which is leading me to become an orthopedic doctor and surgeon due to recent ACL injuries.

BEST THING I LEARNED: When someone pushes you towards something that they think is a weakness, turn it around and make the perceived weakness into a strength.

2. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Wonderful.
    Not good news. Need some feel good after all the negatives. Our community under attack and yet we still have our over achievers.

(Last for today. Not gonna create no flood :SuN030: