Black People : Definition of a Poet... Gil Scott-Heron

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
"Jamaicans speak english; black americans speak english, but you don't find
out what english is until you go to england".
...Hello!

He's thinks "mos def is the most important artist since tupac"

While I'm not fan of tupac, I am well aware of the impact he had on hip-hop.

I say, admittedly, with selfishness that I'd love to see mos def commit
more to hip-hop. I dig the movie thing and understand his taking advantage
of opportunities to expand on his talents. But hip-hop needs to be rescued.

No, hip-hop needs resurrection.
And mos def, and few others, can pull it off.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
"Jamaicans speak english; black americans speak english, but you don't find
out what english is until you go to england".
...Hello!

He's thinks "mos def is the most important artist since tupac"

While I'm not fan of tupac, I am well aware of the impact he had on hip-hop.

I say, admittedly, with selfishness that I'd love to see mos def commit
more to hip-hop. I dig the movie thing and understand his taking advantage
of opportunities to expand on his talents. But hip-hop needs to be rescued.

No, hip-hop needs resurrection.
And mos def, and few others, can pull it off.
We aren't always going to feel and think the same people are cool/be down with the same things etc.

That doesn't make us 'enemies'/just 'different' from each other...

So let us give a little/get a little (back)...

I. e., us accept our differences as a part of the mix...

Also-- let us see our diversity-- as a good (not a bad) thing...

As long as it's on the positive and progressive side:

It's all real...

:fyi:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Perfection Black People Politics : A working definition of a “conscious” black man Black People Politics 20
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Definition of a Real Player Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : DEFINITION OF GOSPEL (Euaggelion): A Birth or military victory By Andre Austin I first learned of AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : How The Christians missed the correct Definition of Lukewarm AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Spoken Word : The Definition of a Black Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Definition of Fearless Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black People : Your definition of being Pro-Black... Black People Open Forum 23
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Ladies: What is your definition of a "nice guy"? Black Relationships 57
S Black Spirituality Religion : What are Djinn? Definition & Assessment Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Ankhur Black Men : In Communications Betwen Men What is the Definition of A Punk? Black Men 5
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Blackstar (Mos Def & Talib Kweli) - Definition Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black People : On a definition of Racism, Racist.. and Miss Millieism.. Black People Open Forum 25
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : What is your definition of Spirituality, and how do you express it? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Ankhur Black People : What is your definition of Creative Energy? Black People Open Forum 3
A African American History Culture : AFRIMERICAN DEFINITION African American History Culture 1
asimplepoet Black Poetry : You’re the definition of F.I.R.E. (DSS/asimplepoet collab) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
Zulile Black Jokes Humor : What's the definition of Black Jokes Humor 1
G Black People : The Unhidden Agenda-New World Order & the definition of Human Being (Monster) Black People Open Forum 1
OmowaleX Black People : Definition of a KNEEGROW Black People Open Forum 2
D Quiet Poetry Lounge : whats your definition of love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
L Black Spirituality Religion : The definition of Soul, at the Crossroads: the angelic essence of the African America Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : what is the definition of truth? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 24
Y Black People : Changing our Current Definition of Racism. e.g White Supremacy Black People Open Forum 40
M Black Relationships : Your Definition of SEX APPEAL Black Relationships 8
Akilah Black Spirituality Religion : What is your definition of FAITH ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 19
U Black People : Definition of a man (about DL BROTHERS.) Black People Open Forum 23
R Black Spirituality Religion : Witch-craft, Paganism, Heathenism...a rough definition. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 115
R Black Relationships : Men, what is your definition of a real man/woman? Black Relationships 32
R Black Relationships : Ladies, what is your definition of a real man/woman? Black Relationships 15
S Black People : Definition of a Black Man/Woman Black People Open Forum 4
L Black Relationships : ...Your Definition of "Thick"??... Black Relationships 52
ASHANTA Black Poetry : My Brothers Can A Sister Give You the Definition of Black Women Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
M Quiet Poetry Lounge : The carmelized definition Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
N Black Poetry : who am I (THE DEFINITION OF MANY WOMEN) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
A Black Spirituality Religion : A Definition of Love That Cannot Be Disputed... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
B Black Poetry : The Definition of Real Love Making URGelus BlkDynasty Collabo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The Definition Of A Terrorist Will The Real Devils Stand Up? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
L Black Poetry : ...The Definition of Sexy... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
A Black Spirituality Religion : RE: THE DEFINITION OF SIN... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 14
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Definition of Self Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Y Black Poetry : Te Definition. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Joyce Black Poetry : The Curse Of A Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : We each can be a poet. Furthermore we have the spirit in all of us... True aura to self discovery Configure Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Mario William Vitale The Master Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : trumps-favorite-irish-proverb-is-actually-a-quote-from-a-nigerian-poet Black People Politics 0
IFE Black Poetry : Young Poet Incarcerated Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : by HIPHOP POET (no login) Yeah it’s that dude with the phat attitude don’t fake // And won’t hesita Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : About My Poet Tree Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Sincerely Serena The Front Porch : A dope poet The Front Porch 2
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: True and alert sweaty and ready to do the work of a poet and you Know it somehow ill and n Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1