Omowale Jabali : DEFAMATION AND SLANDER OF OUR BLACK GENIUS IS A CRIME AGAINST OUR AFRICANITY

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Any Slander and Defamation of the Character of Our Ancestors is a Criminal Action Which Must Be Punished. Any Person Guilty Of Speaking Negatively Against Our Great African Scholars Such as Dr. Ben, Chancellor Williams, C.A.Diop, John Heinrick Clarke, JA Rogers, et. al is an Enemy Of African People and their Actions Must Be Opposed with No Stones Left Unturned. Such Offenders Are Enemies Or the Black RACE.

Period.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Whew Brother O ... you got me seeing ropes, guns, and electric chairs! :eeek:

You know i feel much like you do, as it relates to this topic, as we've briefly shared in a like discussion before.

It would do me worlds of good, to be able to MAKE our people act "right." But neither you nor i, have such control. Even if we did, what would immediately ensue, is the discussion of who deserves to be on such a list. Remember, we are a people that will tear each other down, for one life error or misstep. We are quick to find fault with each other, no matter one's station in life. We are very hard on each other. It saddens me, and i'd like this sentiment you've shared, to go further than just our Ancestors, but to all of our people ... for we are all deserving of proper respect and consideration ... (and yes, i agree, some more than others) ... but nonetheless, all are due a semblance of this.

It would be very difficult to enforce this here, as we welcome all opinion (so long as it doesn't disrupt our peace). So what i've done, in an effort to balance what i feel is right, and what actually happens, is to speak to those individuals, in their threads / posts, beseeching them to consider the damage they are doing, the poor example they are setting ... when disparaging our people, and especially our Ancestors.

As i've said previously, loving ourselves, our people, our Ancestors ... is something that must come from the heart, if it is to be done properly. We can't force this issue, and being a people historically forced into situations, we probably want to stay as far away from such tactics as possible (as we begin looking like our oppressors).

I feel you Brother O ... i'm with you ... and we may have to address each instance as it presents itself, with compassion, love, higher thinking and logic ... encouraging those Sisters and Brothers to different places ... to places where they are not as likely to do such, against their own.

Let's remain forever hopeful.

:heart:

Destee

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

It is difficult to remain hopeful when posts such as the following go unchallenged.
    http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=481132&postcount=163

Quote: "Most of the writers you just mentioned are thoroughly confused Africans. Oreos. Whitemen in Black skin. Except Van Sertima."

Who is this DEFAMING?

Dr. Ben Jochannan
    Dr. Chancellor Williams
    John Henrik Clark
    Dr. Francis Cress Welsing
    Sister Mariamba
    Anthony Broder
    Cheikh Anta Diop

Then there is also a defamation and slander directed to Runoko Rashidi.

All the above are very well-respected BLACK GENIUSES.

This post alone is a slap-in-the-face of ALL of US who hold these Ancestors/Elders in reverence.

Yet, this person had the nerve to accuse others of "anti-Africanism"!

I have been somewhat liberal in what I believe REALLY needs to me done with such individuals but these kind of people, if I caught them "slipping"....

:flamet:

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother O ... why let the post go unchallenged, if you have a challenge for it?

I don't really know enough about those folk, or that topic, to challenge anyone on anything they say within it, but if i did, i would.

I have done this many times, regarding those things i feel qualified to challenge. Folk have talked negatively about Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr., Oprah, Single Black Mothers, and a host of others i'm sure, and i challenged them.

Oftentimes, that's what debate / discussion is about, challenging what another says. It's okay to do, and it's equally okay for them to share what they believe on the topic. No one has to subscribe to any point of view presented.

When a person stands up publicly, begins to live their life in the public arena, they are going to have critics. I'm sure each one that does this (all those you've mentioned), anticipated and experienced such, up close and personal. Even i, whose life doesn't compare to theirs, have critics. I would imagine we all do. Some folk think fondly of me, and some think low-down ugly things. Each are entitled to that. We even have folk here talking negatively about Jesus, Muhammad, Farrakhan, Malcolm, and even God.

I don't think this is something we can stop, while simultaneously welcoming all opinion.

What we can do though, is challenge these arguments when they are presented. We can speak in their stead, providing a different perspective for those who may be reading.

So please ... let nothing go unchallenged, if you feel it needs challenging, and are qualified to do so.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee