Black Sports : DEE-TROIT BASKETBALL...

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Isaiah, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    I find it funny, and a little Ironic that no one is discussing this ball club at Destee's... It's like a fore gone conclusion that they will sweep into JUNE on the wings of a record-setting regular season, and reclaim the NBA Championship...

I've talked to few folks who've seen the team this season, and all unanimously state that this ball club is light years better than the one that beat the Lakers 2 seasons ago... Add to that, many of 'em think that Flip Saunders is doing a wonderful job of coaching the team many thought would disintegrate following the departure of L.B. I'm of the opinion that there probably aint nobody out there that will be able to deal with this club in JUNE except San Antone, and they don't look like they can handle the, at this point, either... Maybe, Dallas would have a shot if they played some DEE... Avery has turned out to be a sensational young coach, too... Just needs to teach that very talented offensive group to play some D...

Peace!
    isaiah

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    There are only three tams in the whole NBA right now. Detroit, San Antonio and Dallas. Dallas is a better defensive team, and that's what made them better this year. San Antonio has had some injuries, but they are as good as Detroit when they are healthy. Detroit is playing on another level though. There is really no team that can beat them as long as San Antonio is not 100% healthy. They have great defense, they score better under Flip Saunders and they are more confident because they have beaten up on everyone this season (except Utah ironically). If I had to put my money on a team it would be Detroit, but San Antonio is being slept on simply because they haven't been healthy. Yet they still are only 3 games behind Detroit despite that fact. I would not at all be surprised if San Antonio caught (or at least got closer to) them by the end of the season.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Half the folk who frequent this forum are in Chicago or from Chi-town, what's so surprising?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    don't they have a club in Arizona somewhere?

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    The Pistons on a roll the spurs or the Mavs will be in the title hunt
    with them both 35 - 10 on the heels of Detroit 37 - 6
    the playoffs will be a new day look for some major upsets !!!!

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    DETROIT IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHAT SUCCESS CAN OCCUR WHEN A TEAM STAYS TOGETHER OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. TEAMS FAIL BECAUSE THEY CONSTANTLY BREAK UP, TRADE PLAYERS, OR WONT PAY PLAYERS. OR THE WHINEY PLAYERS DONT LIKE THEIR COACH. LOOK AT NEW JERSEY, JERSEY HAD PONTENTIAL TO WIN A FEW RINGS, BUT THEY WILL NOT NOW!BECAUSE THEY TRADED KENYAN MARTIN, AND EXECUTED THE WORST COACHING CHANGE (MORE LIKE BACK STABBING FIRING) IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. THAT WAS GETTING RID OF BYRON SCOTT, A MAN WHO TOOK THEM TO BACK 2 BACK FINALS.

7. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Great Post, Mr. T!

Glad to know I aint the only one thought Byron Scott was a fantastic coach, and he's starting to prove it with New Orleans/Oak City... What Jason Kidd and them knuckleheads did to that brother was scandalous and unforgiveable... I hope that guy retires without a ring for what he did to Byron...

Peace!
    Isaiah

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I saw Jason Kidd on Steven A. Smith. He said that he had nothing to do with Scott leaving. Then he said Lawrence franks is one of the best coaches in the league. The whole thging sounded fishy, Im like Laurence franks never even played an NBA game how is he a step above Scott. Who knows definitly some issues going on behind closed doors in jersey.

Maybe there was something to that thread James from Philly started. "NBA Negroes wont play for Black Coaches" I remeber steven A smith said the same thging a while back, I was critical of that statement. But after what went down in Jersey and Cleveland, I'm starting to wonder.

9. Sweet baby_face

Sweet baby_face Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student by day, Poet by night
    Ratings:
    +7
    I can't wait for the parade at Hart Plaza.
    And having our owner cuss again.

10. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Byron's doing just fine in Oak City under the worst of circumstances... I heard they wanna EF stuff up for the Hornets by moving them back to NOLA now that the Convention Center is useable again... NOLA aint gonna support no pro basketball team... Lousiana is Football, Football, Football...
    Peace!
    Isaiah