Black People : Decoding Racism in Advertising

MetaSaience said:
somethingnewreview.jpg

The movie "Something New" was a good one to analyze. I imagined that after this movie allot of Sistahs made a sub-conscious decision to date outside the race, or date White Men. Which is normally a goal of media, to promote sub-conscious decisions.

This movie reminded me of a spin-off of UPN's girlfriends. I must say, the writers, editors and directors of these propaganda films are doing a serious mind-*uck on Women. Not to say they're not getting us too, but everyone knows conjurer the Queen, win the game.

girlfriends_1024x768.jpg

Ironically enough, in this movie Actress Sanaa Lathan plays "Kenya- Mc-QUEEN." Very interesting name when you consider the movie’s secret motive.
2006-09-28_113259_Sanaa_Lathan.jpg

Like, the show Girlfriends, the movie arrests the logical side and intuitive side of the female brain. They do so by dropping information here and there. For example saying that "42.4% of all black women are not married". So during the movie, Single Black Women are sitting there saying - wooow, I didn't know that, what I am going to do? Well, the movie gives them a solution.

katz_fig04a.jpg

The show Girlfriends does the very same thing. They drop so-called psychology here and there, to arrest the scientific brain waves of Women, and then the show provides subliminal suggestions to those problems Women might be thinking about during the show.

No one really sits down to consider that 42.4% of the black women who aren’t married- shouldn't get married in the first place or don't want to. They also never consider how such a statistic can remain true since the stream of birth and death are constant, there is no telling what kind of Black Women will arrive or leave.

Then the intuitive side of our Sistah's brains are overloaded with sentimentalism, nice beautiful string music accompanies every romantic scene- this is how many of our people are seduced into believing things that aren't true. It’s the music.

Whites have mastered the symphony of deception thru string technology, the sounds represent the wind, breath- which all gives life. So every time the strings come on, be warned- your mind is being seduced. It’s like tickling the legs of a woman with a feather so they can open.

The funny thing about this movie is that Kenya did get a Black Man. It was important for the movie to place a successful Black Man against an everyday 9 to 5 White Man to see who “The Queen” would choose.

sanaa_lathan5.jpg

Ironically the White Male's name was Brian - a landscaper. Hummm, and this is precisely what this movie was for, to landscape the brains of Afromerican Women.

And once everyone was convinced of Kenya McQueen's love for this Man, the mood changes. All the Black people who where against it, are now for it. Even her well-to-do Parents, her Brother, and her best friends. Everyone breaks out into celebration because our Queen has found a White Man. Yip-ppee.

Its all about being in Love right? This is an interesting concept in and of itself. These interracial movies stress the love part when it comes down to A Black Woman being with a White Man. But when it comes down to the Black Man, where is the love? The Black Man and Woman need more than love just to get along, they need finances. So why is it that all interracial couples need is- Love?

It’s obvious to me that this movie in particular is talking about something much bigger. Which I don't doubt since the Writer also writes for "Everybody Loves Chris" which is filled with messages about black relationships vs. white relationships and people.

Kenya McQueen is a smart intelligent Woman, a brilliant accountant - good with numbers. In a sense she represents one of the greatest wealths of Africa that is overlooked- the mathematical Geniuses that come out of her.

African_June_1996.jpg

Regardless of that, these movies don't add up.

We all know about the disparities between Black Men and Black Women. My theory is that these disparities exists not just because of higher Male deaths, but because Human families aren't migrating like they used to. All animals migrate to where the land is plentiful, why aren't Humans doing the same? Media can be blamed here too. The truth is not every Woman will want to get married, or have a committed mate for that matter. Some people are more attached to society or community as a whole rather than individual people.

But for all the Women who are looking for these commitments are they employing their freedom to seek? Not really. It’s funny that we import the foods we enjoy from other countries, foods that aren't grown here in America- be we can't seek out the Mates we enjoy? That seems strange. Maybe because media hasn't given us permission?

While we might hear about Brothas going to Brazil for sexual fun, or Terri McMillan flying all the way to Jamaica to find a gay younger Man, when she could've found one right on her block- there is really no sincere data suggesting our Black beautiful mates are all over the world, and the love you are looking for doesn't have to be in your Metropolis.

The Metropolis itself is giving birth to very strange bed fellows indeed. It’s like a Prison where everyone is forced to take what comes. Are there more Women that Men here? Ok well let's get all the Women to be together romantically. Black Men in prison- single Black Women running around, Ok- let's find Men from other races to be with them. All so the machine of the Metropolis can keep running and doesn't skip a beat.

Interracial movies featuring Black Women with White Men are trying to give an answer to a daunting question in the minds of most Black Women in America, since there is not enough Men to go around who will love me? Who will produce with me? Hey- why not that nice White guy who give me the eye on the store the other day. Why not Tom from the Mailroom, or Bob from Corporate.

I have news for some of the Ladies, White Men don’t want you because of what you are, they want you because of what they can “have” – they can have other Black Men look at them with disgust to feed thier White egos- they have some black vagina- a piece of Africa itself, and they can have Black babies. What a nice package.

billmaher01_story.jpg

Ex. Video Vixen Karrine Steffans started dating Bill Maher after her tell-all book
"Confessions of a Video Vixen" - in this book she gives details about everyone she's slept with in the Hip-Hop industry for money. She seemed upset about being treated like Real Estate...I guess she finally found the right buyer.

Took me a while to respond, but thank you for putting my thoughts into words. I can see the effect taking place evryday. It seems that these media creations depicting white boys with Black women are doing the trick. Magazines and media statistics about how f'd up black men are, i hear women reciting these notions daily. For the record black men have their own propaganda and white women media coercion as well.

I have always been baffled at why women black women fall for the "love" card.

Bill Mahr is a racist punk, he purchased a home with a lot if mileage of you read that book lol.

Therious said:
Took me a while to respond, but thank you for putting my thoughts into words. I can see the effect taking place evryday. It seems that these media creations depicting white boys with Black women are doing the trick. Magazines and media statistics about how f'd up black men are, i hear women reciting these notions daily. For the record black men have their own propaganda and white women media coercion as well.

I have always been baffled at why women black women fall for the "love" card.

Bill Mahr is a racist punk, he purchased a home with a lot if mileage of you read that book lol.

I hear Black men citing some of these same statistics. I also read where some Black men are even telling Black women to stop waiting, complaining, and being mad about Black men who marry white women. These Black men are advising Black women to go across racial lines too instead of hatin on Black men.

So I'm glad you're being fair when you say: "black men have their own propaganda and white women media coercion as well."

Insofar, as Karrine Steffans, I don't think she has any more mileage on her than many white women like Montel's hoochie wife, Anna Nicole, Pamela Anderson and countless other white women who may not write books but who use their bodies to go around the world.

And to respond to why some Black women don't travel to find and marry African men or Black men from other countries, many of them suspect that African men just want a green card so they can come to America to live, and unfortunately some of them do want to marry an African American woman mainly for that reason.

And to respond to why some Black women don't travel to find and marry African men or Black men from other countries, many of them suspect that African men just want a green card so they can come to America to live, and unfortunately some of them do want to marry an African American woman mainly for that reason.
Illegals from all racial groups want a BW to "marry". They take advantage of the fact that BW have a low marriage rates and some quick cash; especially Continental Indians and Central American Latinos :rolleyes:

spicybrown said:
Illegals from all racial groups want a BW to "marry". They take advantage of the fact that BW have a low marriage rates and some quick cash; especially Continental Indians and Central American Latinos :rolleyes:

Wow, I didn't even know that!! See, that's why Black women really need to compare notes, so we can get the whole picture.

BTW: Happy Birthday, Miss Spicy!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back