Black People : Deceit of the Future - Foster Care

It was terrible for me personally. Most of the time, they do not care what's best for the child. How do I know? I have been in the foster care system myself! So I have lived it, and trust me, it was not a fun ride at all. I look at most of the people I knew that was also in the foster care system with me, and they either got a bunch of babies, or strung out on drugs or dead even. I was wise enough though not to put my total trust in the foster care system and although I got screwed over in so many ways, I have made it up on top and am in a much better place that I am before. Had I totally depended on the foster care system (even the state), I probably would be worse off than I was when I was IN foster care.

It was terrible for me personally. Most of the time, they do not care what's best for the child. How do I know? I have been in the foster care system myself! So I have lived it, and trust me, it was not a fun ride at all. I look at most of the people I knew that was also in the foster care system with me, and they either got a bunch of babies, or strung out on drugs or dead even. I was wise enough though not to put my total trust in the foster care system and although I got screwed over in so many ways, I have made it up on top and am in a much better place that I am before. Had I totally depended on the foster care system (even the state), I probably would be worse off than I was when I was IN foster care.
I "liked" your comment not because of what you went thru, but because of your openness. My heart goes out to you. Alot of people don't take enough time to know that they are fortunate more than they realize.

I have made it up on top and am in a much better place that I am before.
This is what I'm most happy about. :flowers:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back