Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
DEBTORS PRISON...

I thought about this very thread when i just saw this article on Yahoo News yesterday. According to this artical DEBT PRISON is back and is being practiced by several state governments. They are getting around the old federal law in 1830s or so, by giving people court dates, and then picking them up, handcuffing them, and jailing them, for not appearing in court about their fines. Companies who sue will notify, and if the person doesn't go to court or etc., they are jailed, and in essence, it is the same as DEBTORS PRISON because they are in actuality being jailed for the debt. If they are being jailed for not appearing for A CIVIL MATTER, meaning debt, it doesn't matter, it is still wrong, but that is what this American System is allowing.

If you sue someone for a civil matter, how can it turn CRIMINAL for not appearing in court if in fact, it should be a civil matter and handled in a civil court. In my mind then all those people who lost their homes and etc. and could not pay their bills could be sued and end up in prison...

Anyway, here's the link to the article. In one case it says that a woman who was treated for cancer owed the hospital bill $280.00, and she was jailed.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jailed-for--280--the-return-of-debtors--prisons.html

Like I said, I believe that this government is currently undergoing a change over, a transition, and are now going after their own citizens. It seems like it is becoming a militant system and setting up a plot and only a few people, such as politicians, wealthy, and select leaders from other countries know about it.

This is the new economy

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Actually, it is better to be in a court of law and not an administrative court.

A court of record is to your advantage so long as you know how to make the record.

The mistake, in my opinion, is hiring the attorney
If you can lose, you can lose all the same sans the attorney and saving yourself a few thousand dollars, right?

I have to agrew with you about 'hiring an attorney' but in my case, it wasn't about money, it was about getting my children back, and that was not going to happen without an attorney. This system is evil.

yes, I lost a lot of money but I got my children back.

but as for fighting the other battles, as I said, i did do it pro se, and lost. This system is evil.

At least that is my reasoning.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
This is the new economy

That is what it sounds like.

They are bringing in tons of foreigners at our expense, and going after us to fund it.

out with the old, and in with the foreigners...the new American citizens...

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
That is what it sounds like.

They are bringing in tons of foreigners at our expense, and going after us to fund it.

out with the old, and in with the foreigners...the new American citizens...

They can only replace you if you become obsoloete

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
They can only replace you if you become obsoloete

I've been obsolete since 1776 and my husband is a native american.

I am obsolete in this government, and am well aware of that. This government is not for me. anytime they can take you children 'at will' put lies on you, jail you, ... when you were a voter... then it makes you obsolete...until a higher power steps in...

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I've been obsolete since 1776 and my husband is a native american.

I am obsolete in this government, and am well aware of that. This government is not for me. anytime they can take you children 'at will' put lies on you, jail you, ... when you were a voter... then it makes you obsolete...until a higher power steps in...

You still gotta fight

thePreacher

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
Why do black custodial parents take the other parent to jail if he/she gets behind on child support?

This is made worse by the fact that the state will pursue legal action on its own if the custodial parent is getting child benefits. But, that vectors off to another equally important question, which is why a black parent should ever have to go to the state to feed his/her kid.

Yeah, I know, I am talking radical stuff because the slaves have been quite well indoctrinated into believing Massa, and not us, should solve our own problems.

My son is 31 years old. I had custody of him since he was 4. His mother never paid a dime of child support. Yeah, I figure she didn't pay because she knew I wouldn't make a legal issue out of it. But I never even remotely considered going to court to try and force her to pay. Certainly, if I knew she was unemployed, I would not go to the courts knowing she might end up in jail over it.

It makes no sense to me that black folks go to white folks to try and solve domestic problems. I am tempted to add an exception for physically abusive relationships. But, even that, I would say might best be handled between black folks without getting white folks involved. If the abused party can't resolve it his/her self, the relatives of both of them need to come together and work it out.

We have centuries now of experience which screams out that the criminal justice system is purposely designed to treat black folks inequitably. Why give white folks any more excuses than they already have to lock up black people?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Why do black custodial parents take the other parent to jail if he/she gets behind on child support?

This is made worse by the fact that the state will pursue legal action on its own if the custodial parent is getting child benefits. But, that vectors off to another equally important question, which is why a black parent should ever have to go to the state to feed his/her kid.

Yeah, I know, I am talking radical stuff because the slaves have been quite well indoctrinated into believing Massa, and not us, should solve our own problems.

My son is 31 years old. I had custody of him since he was 4. His mother never paid a dime of child support. Yeah, I figure she didn't pay because she knew I wouldn't make a legal issue out of it. But I never even remotely considered going to court to try and force her to pay. Certainly, if I knew she was unemployed, I would not go to the courts knowing she might end up in jail over it.
It makes no sense to me that black folks go to white folks to try and solve domestic problems. I am tempted to add an exception for physically abusive relationships. But, even that, I would say might best be handled between black folks without getting white folks involved. If the abused party can't resolve it his/her self, the relatives of both of them need to come together and work it out.

We have centuries now of experience which screams out that the criminal justice system is purposely designed to treat black folks inequitably. Why give white folks any more excuses than they already have to lock up black people?
You dont unnerstan the femenist credo. "He gotta pay! He spose to pay!"

Shikamaru

May 7, 2011

I am surprised no one has asked, "How does the government gain jurisdiction (and custody) over "my" child?

What doctrines does government presume and purport justification of this power over "my" child?

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
Our system is set up for people who are really struggling to fail, something isn't right with this picture. The lawyers are making out like bandits. Most of our politicians are lawyers, I hope one day we wake up.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: