Jails / Prisons : Debtors Prison?

DEBTORS PRISON...

I thought about this very thread when i just saw this article on Yahoo News yesterday. According to this artical DEBT PRISON is back and is being practiced by several state governments. They are getting around the old federal law in 1830s or so, by giving people court dates, and then picking them up, handcuffing them, and jailing them, for not appearing in court about their fines. Companies who sue will notify, and if the person doesn't go to court or etc., they are jailed, and in essence, it is the same as DEBTORS PRISON because they are in actuality being jailed for the debt. If they are being jailed for not appearing for A CIVIL MATTER, meaning debt, it doesn't matter, it is still wrong, but that is what this American System is allowing.

If you sue someone for a civil matter, how can it turn CRIMINAL for not appearing in court if in fact, it should be a civil matter and handled in a civil court. In my mind then all those people who lost their homes and etc. and could not pay their bills could be sued and end up in prison...

Anyway, here's the link to the article. In one case it says that a woman who was treated for cancer owed the hospital bill $280.00, and she was jailed.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jailed-for--280--the-return-of-debtors--prisons.html

Like I said, I believe that this government is currently undergoing a change over, a transition, and are now going after their own citizens. It seems like it is becoming a militant system and setting up a plot and only a few people, such as politicians, wealthy, and select leaders from other countries know about it.

This is the new economy

Actually, it is better to be in a court of law and not an administrative court.

A court of record is to your advantage so long as you know how to make the record.

The mistake, in my opinion, is hiring the attorney
If you can lose, you can lose all the same sans the attorney and saving yourself a few thousand dollars, right?

I have to agrew with you about 'hiring an attorney' but in my case, it wasn't about money, it was about getting my children back, and that was not going to happen without an attorney. This system is evil.

yes, I lost a lot of money but I got my children back.

but as for fighting the other battles, as I said, i did do it pro se, and lost. This system is evil.

At least that is my reasoning.

They can only replace you if you become obsoloete

I've been obsolete since 1776 and my husband is a native american.

I am obsolete in this government, and am well aware of that. This government is not for me. anytime they can take you children 'at will' put lies on you, jail you, ... when you were a voter... then it makes you obsolete...until a higher power steps in...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back