Black Spirituality Religion : Death

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Blackbird, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Outside of the birth of a child, death is probably the most influential and awe-inspiring events to take place in the life cycle. It invokes both fear and avoidance - even it is something that is unavoidable, each of us are subject to experience this event.

What is death?

Why is it so important in the life cycle?

Why do you believe people developed ceremonies to deal with death?

What does death mean?

Is the fear of dying rational or irrational?

Blackbird
    All who have died are equal

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674

THANATOS

I REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST GOT INTO THE HIDDEN SIDE OF THINGS, I REMEMBER WHAT MY FIRST "TEACHER" TOLD ME AND THAT WAS TO FALL IN LOVE WITH DEATH. WHEN I FIRST HEARD THIS I THOUGHT SHE WAS CRAZY BUT AS I HAVE PROGRESSED I HAVE COME TO EMBRACE THE TRANSFORMATION IN WHICH WE CALLED DEATH.

BABA DARKSIDE -- EROS AND THANATOS

3. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    WOW DEATH...ok first of all death is just the end of life[lights out]..because we know it's coming..because there are cultures that believe that souls need help getting to the other side..it means you ain't coming back this way again..all living things fear death[why do you think that roaches scatter when we turn on the lights?,there's nothing irrational about it what's scary is the not knowing when your time is up[that is unless you've been to the doctor and sometimes he's wrong]..and let me clear up the greatest misconception about death...many people think that doing bad things to your body will speed up your death-WRONG-YOU WILL NOT DIE UNTIL YOUR TIME ON THIS EARTH IS UP..WHAT MESSING UP YOUR BODY DOES IS PUTS YOU IN BAD HEALTH...how many folks do you know who has been in terrible health for years but are still alive?

4. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Beautiful thread Warrior BlackBird.

And Death is very beautiful. To return is beautiful.
    And as the Baba Darkside said, "to fall in love with death" is also beautiful.

Death is the end of an illusion and the beginning are newer illusion or awakening.
    Death is also a rebirth.

Death is important to the cycle of life because without death there is no life. Life must renew itself through cycles of death.

Ceremonies are developed to deal with death at first to rejoice that soul's return to it's source. At times those rites helped to secure the relationship with that soul and their physical world and family. Ceremonies now deal with the pain of losing that person.

Death can mean anything the mind wants to label it's mortality or immortality. To the mortal death is it. The finale. To the immortal death is the walking out of one room into another room. Either way, it is still a continuation of something we may not fully understand- Life.

The fear of death is rational. We fear what we do not understand. This is why we should learn to understand deception and why we need to deceive ourselves into playing this ancient video game called life and death.

They say that no one knows their own death. This is also a deception. Any person that has avoided death knows that death is coming.

Death is a Goddess whose kiss is the key to immorality, whose love is the path to the highest God self. To live inside the womb of death? Where else would Gods reside? Gods that mate with the Goddess of Death produce life as their offspring.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Thank you all for your contribution.

I have learned to embrace death be aware of its coming. I have experience death many times in this physical and each time, the kiss has been bittersweet. As my ancestors say, "All who have died are equal."

Blackbird (a warrior coming home)

6. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    Having narrowly missed death (for the second time - maybe third time will be the charm lol) I have been thinking alot about death. I remember there was a time when death was like a distant relative that only came to visit once every ten or so years. Nowadays, it seems like that next door neighbour you may either choose to get to know on your own terms, or ignore - either way, they are always in your face. Maybe the Koreans have the right idea

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/04/world/la-fg-korea-coffin4-2010jan04

What is death?
    A transformation; Death is part of the cycle of life

Death gives birth to life.

I suppose ceremonies provide a structure for the transformation that both the living and the deceased are going through.

What does death mean?
    A return to the dark womb of the Great Mother.

I used to think it was rational, but I now think it is irrational, purely based on lack of understanding. I shall confess that I still do not fully understand it, but I am hoping that developing a relationship with a Goddess of Death will help.

A

7. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Your teacher taught you right, if we lived life embracing death, we would live much better lives.

Astrologer4U

8. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    What is death?
    The journey to the Kalunga, underworld.

It just marks the end of this life.

To ritualize it's passing.

What does death mean?
    I don't think it really has a meaning, other then what we all give it.

Irrational.....

9. 44Reasons

44Reasons Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I learned that Death and Love are very related, just as you would fall in love with a girl and trick yourself into believing she is the only one the same could be said for death, you really have to feel it you know what I am sayin.

I dropped Love for Death and I am loving every second of it.

Two motto's you can live by Love and Life or Death and Lust, I like the second one but I can say that first once brought me to that conclusion.

44 is slowly being en darkened by the eternal flame of Lilith.~Snakes for sale anyone particularly a Royal python.

10. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    Babes, you cannot do away with love; and I quote; "We were created out of love, and we were created to know love, to live by love, and to communicate it in such a powerful way that it will give life. Just as Saint Maximilian Kolbe always said, “Only love creates.” "

Alex