Pan Africanism : "Death Stalks A Continent"

No, of course not

I agree with you, scorp, it's not that simple and I certainly didn't mean to imply that it was.

Sometimes I speak/write out of pure frustration and it makes me feel compelled to find immediate solutions to a much larger problem. I recognize everything you wrote and I believe it to be true. Even though Panafrica stated that the virus isn't as pervasive throughout Africa as reports we hear about, nevertheless that doesn't make me feel any less threatened by the extent to which it still exists.

We're under attack in Africa, we're under attack in America. How many reports do we have to hear or read about before we get really p*ssed off? Black women and children are dying at much higher rates than women of other races/cultures. No it's not just about sex . . . but sex is a natural thing that people have and enjoy and it's a major, major pathway to death and extinction if we don't curb our sexual (and drug use) behavior. It kills the parent--it kills our babies and WE get blamed for it.

No, a condom isn't the ONLY answer . . .but it is a simple and inexpensive effort to start protecting one's self now from the problem so that we can still be around later to become part of the solution. Our corpses don't help us but they do help the evil regime that destroyed us!

Much love and respect! :heart:

Monster,

I wasn't implying that your view was simplistic, by any means. I share your frustration at the state of our people globally. It just seems that every injustice we're dealt-we overcome but not without major casualties and what seems to be major setback. We lost 17 million lives--that's an untold amout of potential. Inside one of those casualties could have been the cure for cancer, the answer to world peace, etc and now it's just gone, needlessly.
I have to wonder about the obvious superiority which is why we are relentlessly hunted and yet still survive.

Much love and respect returned.........

What are our brothers and sisters that work WITHIN the social welfare system doing to help our people who are at risk for catching this disease?

What can the Black CHURCHES or religious organizations do to help Blacks on a community-based level THROUGHOUT the week and not just on Sunday's?

What can PARENTS do to help protect and educate themselves and their children about HIV/AIDS and other socially transmittable diseases?

How can TEACHERS help to reinforce the messages of parents and social workers by educating, assisting and supporting each other?

How can the BLACK COMMUNITY reach out to our brothers and sisters IN AFRICA to help them?

Do you that a system controlled and dominated by White people will make the health and welfare of Blacks a priority?

Should Blacks EXPECT them to and should we WAIT for them to make us a priority? Do Whites OWE this type of allegiance and support to the off-spring of former slaves?

Educating ourselves about this disease and it's impact on the African American community! How can we begin to help our African brothers and sisters when some of us continue to put ourselves at risk here in the United States?

This is a powerpoint presentation. Just click on the pictures to advance.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/XY8I1TUD/263,6,AIDS Is On The Rise

Sister Destee is spreading the word through technology:
http://www.destee.com/cboard/messages/15.html

Money through grants is available for those that want to help at the grass roots level:

http://www.apa.org/pi/wpo/hivaids2003.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back