Black People : Death of Yemeni Child Bride - 8 years old - This African Tradition is Outrageous

Islam in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kailey-kitty._V192239871_.gif
Looking for something?

We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site

dunwiddat, your links aren't working again, which goes back to a problem brought to your attention that you are well aware of ... But, here is the kind of indigenous information of Africa(Alkebu-lan) that we look forward to, not the Islamic portion:

Married at 13 to man in his 70s: Child bride who's changing attitudes

130308113415-maasai-men-tanzania-story-top.jpg

Child marriage is common in traditional Maasai communities in Tanzania, says Mereso Kilusu.

130308111537-mereso-kilusu-left-tease.jpg

Mereso Kilusu
Editor's note: Tanzanian Mereso Kilusu was a child bride and is now an activist against child marriage. Her story was translated by LoeRose Mbise, of YWCA Tanzania, and edited by Marlee Wasser, of The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health.

(CNN) -- Nine of the 10 countries with the world's highest rates of child marriage are in Africa: Niger, Chad and Central African Republic, Guinea, Mozambique, Mali, Burkina Faso and South Sudan, and Malawi.
My country, Tanzania, did not make the list. But in traditional Maasai communities like mine, marrying off girls is very common.
I was married at 13 to a man in his 70s.

Our traditional values dictate girls are meant for marriage, and when the men decide we are biologically ready, we are married.
Mereso Kilusu

In the fight against child marriage, the biggest battle is finding those who are ready for change and giving them the courage to speak to others.
Mereso Kilusu

suggested reading: http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/08/opinion/child-marriage-kilusu/index.html

Do you doubt they are child brides in Africa too. You seem so naive. Why do you get so offended when someone mentions anything from Africa that does not fit your belief system. From the comments you make here it seems everything to do with black folks is white supremacy. You need to get your eyes focus on reality. Living in denial is not good.
sister you make a statement about Africa that is not true. why?
just tell the truth and you got no problem out of me.
clean up your statement and tell the truth.

piece!

sister you make a statement about Africa that is not true. why? What is the statement that is incorrect. Is not the majority of Africans Muslim. Is not the Muslim religion Arab in origin.
just tell the truth and you got no problem out of me.
clean up your statement and tell the truth.

piece!

You mean peace.

A mother & Her Son in Nigeria want to marry and Expecting their child!
Mtandao mmoja kutoka nchini Naigeria TALK OF NAIJA leo umeandika habari kuhusu mama na mwanae ambao wameamua kuwa wapenzi na kufikia uamuzi wa kutaka kuoana kabisa. Mpaka sasa mama mzazi wa mtoto huyo anaujauzito wa miezi sita. Habari zaidi soma hapa chini ujue vituko vinavyojitokeza hapa duniani.

A mother and her son have done the unthinkable – they have fallen in love with one another. And now they want to marry since the mom, is six months pregnant and expecting her son’s first child.
Mbereko (40), who was widowed 12 years ago, has been cohabiting with her first child, Farai Mbereko (23). She confirms that she is six months pregnant and that she has decided it is better to “marry” her son because she does not want to marry her late husband’s young brothers, whom she says are coveting her.

Betty stunned a village court last week when she said the affair with her son had begun three years earlier. She said after spending a lot of money sending Farai to school following the death of her husband, she felt she had a right to his money and no other woman was entitled to it. “Look, I strove alone to send my son to school and no one helped me. Now you see that my son is working and you accuse me of doing something wrong. “Let me enjoy the products of my sweat,” she told the village court.

Farai said he was more than prepared to marry his mother and would pay off the ilobola balance his father had left unpaid to his grandparents. “I know my father died before he finished paying the bride price and I am prepared to pay it off,” he said.
“It is better to publicise what is happening because people should know that I am the one who made my mother pregnant. Otherwise they will accuse her of promiscuity.”But local headman Nathan Muputirwa says: “We cannot allow this to happen in our village, mashura chaiwo aya, (This is a bad omen indeed).In the past they would have to be killed but today we cannot do it because we are afraid of the police.” He warned them to break off their marriage or leave his village.
They chose the latter and have left the village for an unknown destination.

Read more: http://www.janbonline.com/products/a-mother-her-son-in-nigeria-want-to-marry-and-expecting-their-child-/

These are disgusting things that take place, and the fact is I do not feel good about them but it is the truth. Be more openminded James. I have nothing against Africa, my ancestors were slaves who came from there. Anyway I am done with this.

Okay, so you are just going to ignore my post: http://destee.com/index.php?threads...dition-is-outrageous.77746/page-5#post-831210 ... that's fine dunwiddat ...:picture:

:puke:

You mean peace.

Mtandao mmoja kutoka nchini Naigeria TALK OF NAIJA leo umeandika habari kuhusu mama na mwanae ambao wameamua kuwa wapenzi na kufikia uamuzi wa kutaka kuoana kabisa. Mpaka sasa mama mzazi wa mtoto huyo anaujauzito wa miezi sita. Habari zaidi soma hapa chini ujue vituko vinavyojitokeza hapa duniani.

A mother and her son have done the unthinkable – they have fallen in love with one another. And now they want to marry since the mom, is six months pregnant and expecting her son’s first child.
Mbereko (40), who was widowed 12 years ago, has been cohabiting with her first child, Farai Mbereko (23). She confirms that she is six months pregnant and that she has decided it is better to “marry” her son because she does not want to marry her late husband’s young brothers, whom she says are coveting her.

Betty stunned a village court last week when she said the affair with her son had begun three years earlier. She said after spending a lot of money sending Farai to school following the death of her husband, she felt she had a right to his money and no other woman was entitled to it. “Look, I strove alone to send my son to school and no one helped me. Now you see that my son is working and you accuse me of doing something wrong. “Let me enjoy the products of my sweat,” she told the village court.

Farai said he was more than prepared to marry his mother and would pay off the ilobola balance his father had left unpaid to his grandparents. “I know my father died before he finished paying the bride price and I am prepared to pay it off,” he said.
“It is better to publicise what is happening because people should know that I am the one who made my mother pregnant. Otherwise they will accuse her of promiscuity.”But local headman Nathan Muputirwa says: “We cannot allow this to happen in our village, mashura chaiwo aya, (This is a bad omen indeed).In the past they would have to be killed but today we cannot do it because we are afraid of the police.” He warned them to break off their marriage or leave his village.

Read more: http://www.janbonline.com/products/a-mother-her-son-in-nigeria-want-to-marry-and-expecting-their-child-/

These are disgusting things that take place, and the fact is I do not feel good about them but it is the truth. Be more openminded James. I have nothing against Africa, my ancestors were slaves who came from there. Anyway I am done with this.

You mean peace.

I hope this thread wasn't just to make us all cringe in disgust.

She's having her own grandbaby, that's also his sibling child. Oh man. This is just...wow. No way.:11300:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back