Black People : Death of Yemeni Child Bride - 8 years old - This African Tradition is Outrageous

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Sep 14, 2013.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Outrage over death of Yemeni child bride, 8, on wedding night ...

When I read this I felt awful.:( I have two grand daughters nine and six years old.
    We think about slavery and the effects that it has on our people, but having a man who is forty marry a baby. An 8 year old having sex with a forty year old man. I firmly believe that something needs to be done to these people and the kind of thinking that they have. This is obscene to say the least.

Africa is the mother country of black folks but believe you me I am glad that I do not live in those areas where this cultural tradition is accepted. The minds of these people need to change.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Child marriage continues cycle of abuse, poverty for girls in over 50 countries

By Meredith Birkett
    Married at the age of 8. That fact alone is hard to fathom. It's even more difficult to stomach when you think of the resulting forced sex, physical abuse and early pregnancies that often result. But for girls in more than 50 countries in the developing world, and for a minority in the developed world, this is their reality. The reality of child marriage.

[​IMG]

Stephanie Sinclair / VIl
    Faiz, 40, and Ghulam, 11, sit in her home prior to their wedding in the rural Damarda Village, Afghanistan on Sept. 11, 2005. Ghulam said she is sad to be getting engaged as she wanted to be a teacher.
    http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/...e-poverty-for-girls-in-over-50-countries?lite

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    Outrage over death of Yemeni child bride, 8, on wedding night

By Mohammed Ghobari and Claire Davenport, Reuters
    SANAA, Yemen -- Yemeni authorities are investigating the death of an eight-year-old girl from internal bleeding on her wedding night and will prosecute those responsible, the government said on Friday, a case that has rekindled international outrage over child brides.
    Yemeni rights campaigner Arwa Othman said earlier this week that the girl, identified as Rawan, died after intercourse that ruptured her uterus following her wedding to a man five times her age. Residents in the town of Meedi in Hajjah province in northwestern Yemen confirmed the incident.
    http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...of-yemeni-child-bride-8-on-wedding-night?lite

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    This is so disturbing.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
    Yemen[​IMG]i/ˈjɛmən/ (Arabic: اليَمَنal-Yaman) officially known as the Republic of Yemen (Arabic: الجمهورية اليمنيةal-Jumhūriyyah al-Yamaniyyah), is an Arab country located in Western Asia, occupying the southwestern to southern end of the Arabian Peninsula.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Yes ... makes me wanta :puke:

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
    'This African Tradition is Outrageous'

yemen is an arab country. when did the arabs start practicing african traditions?​

8. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

BBC NEWS | Africa | Stolen youth of SA's child brides

James whether Yemen is Arab is irrevelant. The point of the matter is that the whole thing is despicable. The irony of this is that MOST African countries adhere to the Arab religion. So what is your point. The same thing happens in Africa. Trying to show that this occured in an Arab country is missing the whole point of the thread. If it was happening here in Barbados it would still be despicable.

Check the internet and you will see this same kind of behaviour exists in Africa too.

9. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    This reminded me of a show I saw on Dateline last night. The Utah polygamy folk. Girl 19 (with tears in her eyes, begging), forced to marry an 85 year old man (who eventually had 60 wives). Her 16 year old sister forced to marry their first cousin whom she had hated all her life. Sis refused to say the vows until their sick momma came up, stood beside her and squeezed her hand until (with tears in her eyes, begging) she gave her "consent." This was the case where the leader, so-called prophet was tried and found guilty of conspiracy to rape (something like that - sis' husband/cousin raped her on their wedding night and committed all manner of sexual abuse during the marriage before she followed older sister, who was forced to marry the "prophet's" 85 year old father, and ran away. Sis went to the "prophet" and begged for intervention - told to submit to EVERYTHING her husband did).

I have no doubt that the 8 year old was forced into a polygamous situation, as well. Course by the time she reaches teenaged hood (if she lives that long), the pedophile who likes them "little" will buy another child to rape. :10400:

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

We know this ...