Black People : Death - Are you afriad?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Mar 30, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    I was talking to my mom and she said that she is not afraid of dying.

I'm afraid of death...I'm not sure what's next....Not sure how I am going to die...

But that's life...

I would prefer it if I could go peacefully...

A lot of my friends that are my age are scared of dying. But the ones who are older aren't.

How do you feel?

Some believe there is a hell and heaven after you die. Other's believe you are reincarnated and some believe nothing happens at all...

What do you think will happen after you die?

2. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    Well, I guess for me it's the fear of dying and the result of that. Not for myself as it's for my family I'm leaving behind. I am 24 so I have plenty of years to live; in which I hope that I actually live it to the fullest! Though, I'm not sure the ending place for me, sure hoped that some of my loved ones that past could whisper what's really going on in the after life to me. I think that may settle my nerves about death when it's a topic of conversation. I think another for me is knowing that I have not reached my potential in life, or getting to all the goals that I wanted to get to before I can say I've lived a good life! It's like I have way too much to do and want to do before I die.

Hmm...where do you think you're going to go MsInterpret?

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Yes you're 24, but you don't know if you have "plenty of years"...you may die tomorrow...Or time on earth is not for sure.

As far as where I am going...I hope to heaven...But I'm not sure

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    What frightens me is I will die, and afterward, my ex mother-in-law will be there.............and start looking good.

:10700:

5. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Be where?

6. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    Yep, that's why I stated to live it to it's fullest, which also means I might not get to live it to it's fullest but I have hopes and dreams of things I would like to accomplish at that time. That may not be my outcome. Either way I'm glad I lived this long and hope I keep on ticking.

7. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    No one makes it out alive,

they say,

Is your Mother a Woman of faith?

For those who are, it seems that they are alot more comfortable with it. Knowing they will be going home as they say...

My Mother (PBUH) was like that, she had her faith, and so when she did pass, we knew that she was at peace with going.

It's weird, because it was like she just knew that her time was getting close.

Me, I am not afraid to pass...I don't want to leave anytime soon though..

I guess we all have our own beliefs about the beyond. I live my life in a way that places me in line with Christianity, Buddhism and other teachings...sounds complicated, but works for me...

I don't believe in a heaven nor hell that exist beyond, entirely. I think we witness both here on this globe...

I do believe that we live on,.... Through our seeds, our ideas, what we create, and basically all that we do. I believe what one would witness in the future when I am gone, whether they know me or not, will be a stamp on earth of my existence from here on out...

So am I afraid?

I would say, yes and no, the yes being that I would miss my loved ones, certain foods, smells, pleasures, struggles, laughter etc...,and I am sad that those who like me would suffer from my loss for a while, but no, because what I have done up to that point will enable me to continue living...

I'm a bit strange Sis... lol

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Living in NYC one learns to accept it since adolescence, cause here anything can happen, and it has nothing to do with todays times, it's just how NYC is and has been as far as I have heard and read for over 150 years,

take a look at that movie "Gangs of NYC"

take a look at the racism and racist cops, from the 20s to the 40s

the gangs from the 50s to the70s, and the resurgence during the crack epidemic of the 80s, when one could get shot any time any where any neighborhood, ghetto, or upper westside

that movie "Kids" and "Black and White" were real

things are pretty peacefull now but anything can happen, this is NYC, folks are ready to see their maker at a moments notice.

You do as much good as you can and you help as many as you can, and that's about it!

9. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Yes my mom is a woman of faith.

And who isn't strange...

I would miss all those things too...

I knew of a lady who was 102 years old...She had out lived her kids...She was ready to go a long time ago...But she also didn't like her kids either...Guess she kinda was the one to have to last laugh. Maybe?

10. kde

kde Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    I'm not so much afraid of death as I am of transitioning at an untimely time, if that makes sense. For me, that would mean before my children are of age, before I see them stabilized (career, marriage and kids, if that's meant to be), as well as before I achieve some of the goals and hopes I have.

Otherwise, not so much. I feel strongly that this is just a phase and we continue onward. Many of my peers (age range at that particular time) have died - from cancer, AIDS, automobile accidents, undertow at sea . . and my elders (grandparents, great aunts and uncles) are now surrendering to what will claim us all. I sometimes feel my friends and relatives who have gone on around me; I have seen them in dreams and they have spoken to me; years ago, I came home, only for my entire place to smell like my deceased grandmother.

Moreover, I have captured voices of the dead on tape and their faces in pictures, so nah ... I feel like we carry forward, our station and level of peace determined by our spirituality, what we did here and how well we lived, even when faced by temptation, vices and traps.