Black Entertainment : DEAR WHITE PEOPLE

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Reminds me of early Spike Lee. White people didn't laugh because they thought the joke was on them

im a black south african and I don’t know why they got a biracial girl to be the center of the black struggle. biracials are not black and they benefit from their priveleges. during apartheid coloured people (biracials/multiracials) were given better treatment than blacks and are still are. this is not right. biracials and us blacks are not the same

im a black south african and I don’t know why they got a biracial girl to be the center of the black struggle. biracials are not black and they benefit from their priveleges. during apartheid coloured people (biracials/multiracials) were given better treatment than blacks and are still are. this is not right. biracials and us blacks are not the same

You obviously aren't familiar with America. One, here there is no such thing as biracial. The 'one drop' ruling has never been over turned. For that reason, they may feel they have to try harder. What you are describing is a system that was used to divide and conquer you in your land. Different cultures

Although it put white people on the spot at times, I didn't like this movie too tough. I knew from the minute I saw that black woman playing the lead, who was so pro-black, who looked a little like Rihanna but blacker (in features, not necessarily skin-tone), who the audience didn't know was biracial at the time, was going to wound up sleeping with one of those white boys, although she had a black boyfriend. She even did a bedroom nude scene with the white boy showing her whole butt. For a minute, I thought I was looking at Spike Lee's "She Got to Have It" Part Two, but this time sleeping with a black dude and a white dude. I guess when we found out she had a white father, brothers were suppose to think it was okay. But she looked more black than a lot of black women who aren't biracial. The movie has the potential to make a lot of brothers not want to deal with any black/white biracial women, regardless of how African-American she looks. It gives the impression that they are confused, and play both sides, but stuck with the black label. It seems like that was one of the subliminal messages of the movie.

Although in the beginning as they made it clear that the boujee brother was tapping that white girl, the white girl never did a nude scene with him...not even a bedroom scene. Plus it turned out he was just in it for the sex, with no real reason to love her. One way or another, it still portrayed a brother as being no good. But watching them together in the first place, gave you the hunch that this film was going to have some white boy tapping some black girl sooner or later to even things out, but you didn't want it to be the black girl with the lead role, who it wounded up being, with her pro-black endeavors. I think it was a slap in the face to our movement, whether it was a true story or not. Then the movie ended with her holding hands with the white boy and falling in love I assume. So I guess she dropped her black boyfriend, and I guess this gave the Scandal lovers the satisfaction that she was more than an Olivia Pope.

So all the putting the white people on the spot on and off throughout this movie meant nothing, if it was going to end with the so-called black girl and the white boy living happily ever after, plus screwing in between the movie. Now I've seen some movies before that didn't fan out, but I really felt like I wasted my money on this one. I got to be more careful.

Last edited:
Although it put white people on the spot at times, I didn't like this movie too tough. I knew from the minute I saw that black woman playing the lead, who was so pro-black, who looked a little like Rihanna but blacker (in features, not necessarily skin-tone), who the audience didn't know was biracial at the time, was going to wound up sleeping with one of those white boys, although she had a black boyfriend. She even did a bedroom nude scene with the white boy showing her whole butt. For a minute, I thought I was looking at Spike Lee's "She Got to Have It" Part Two, but this time with a black dude and a white dude. I guess when we found out she had a white father, brothers were suppose to think it was okay. But she looked more black than a lot of black women who aren't biracial. The movie has the potential to make a lot of brothers not want to deal with any black/white biracial women, regardless of how African-American she looks. It gives the impression that they are confused, and play both sides, but stuck with the black label. It seems like that was one of the subliminal messages of the movie.

Although in the beginning as they made it clear that the boujee brother was tapping that white girl, the white girl never did a nude scene with him...not even a bedroom scene. Plus it turned out he was just in it for the sex, with no real reason to love her. One way or another, it still portrayed a brother as being no good. But watching them together in the first place, gave you the hunch that this film was going to have some white boy tapping some black girl sooner or later to even things out, but you didn't want it to be the black girl with the lead role, who it wounded up being, with her pro-black endeavors. I think it was a slap in the face to our movement, whether it was a true story or not. Then the movie ended with her holding hands with the white boy and falling in love I assume. So I guess she dropped her black boyfriend, and I guess this gave the Scandal lovers the satisfaction that she was more than an Olivia Pope.

So all the putting the white people on the spot on and off throughout this movie meant nothing, if the so-called black girl and the white boy was going to live happily ever after, plus screwing in between the movie. Now I've seen some movies before that didn't fan out, but I really felt like I wasted my money on this one. I got to be more careful.

She was the way she was because she couldn't fit into the world of her father.

Actually, cream cheese was doing jungle fever just to piss daddy off. He was directed to do it by his father because, father was more qualified than his class mate president of the university. Both were about revenge.

The plot twists were ok

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back