Black Poetry : Dear God (A Woman Reveals Her Soul)

N2urSoul

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 17, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
Occupation
Director, Community Employment Strategies
"A real man shouldn't deny a woman's worth", ... that's what my momma always said! She didn't have all the answers, but she said I could always talk to YOU... and that YOU would answer my wants and needs; even deliver me --

So ... I kneel before you humbly to pray ~

Dear God--
Why do I feel as though he doesn't know how to value me -- completely? What does his heart say to him when he looks directly at me? Doesn't he see how much he is hurting me?

Dear God -- I love him so ... it's hard to contain my tears --
Even when 'time' shows that he's not the one for me -- I find myself trying to convince him to stand beside me and
to walk toward the finish line with me--

Dear God--
... it isn't supposed to be this way ... is it ...??

I know that
I can't go forward when I am always looking behind me.
How am I to see the man of my tomorrow when I'm looking for him in the bye-gone silence of the man who was in my life yesterday? ...

Dear God-- please restore my empty soul and release me from this pain. Is it possible that he is not the man that YOU planned for me to have in future's destiny? Maybe he's just passing through my life as YOU develop and prepare me for another -- someone who is more suitable to enhance the qualities that YOU have first bestowed upon me ~

Dear God -- please remove him from in front of me, as he is only blocking the view of my presence -- from the other man that YOU have already pre-selected for me.

Release Me.

In Jesus' name, I pray ~
Amen.

(c) 2001 SOULOFASISTA

Sis' GA

Some days we gotta do it... usually we wait until all else fails, and that's when we get down on our knees to pray ~
(It's been a bad habit, but I've neglected a personal relationship with the Lord for quite some time and have found myself only calling on him when I feel disappointed about something)

I need to get better at praying & praising HIM under any circumstance whether good or bad ...

Also, I believe totally in your comments and feel the same way ... people come into our lives for a reason or a season, sometimes it was not meant for them to stay ...!!

Oneluv gurl!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back