Dear Destee do you ban everyone whom does not agree with u?

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by emanuel goodman, Nov 16, 2006.

1. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    I have noticed that since i have become a member that u seem to have a number of members banned. I carefully reviewed some of the statments u highlighted for mr samuri 36 and i have to agree that he is rather opinionated about a lot of things and he is rather honnest about them. this makes him no different than alot of us. However how is your brand of sensorship different from the goverment. He just has a matter of fact approach that conicdes with his refusal to accept things in which he understands to be untrue. This makes him no different from the mass of our historical leaders whom have been slienced by the goverment for our radical views and matter of fact approach for delivery. don't misinterpret me equating him with an historical leader i just see your bran of banning individuals as similar in some repects. I have personally interacted with mr samuri when we did not agree however i do repect him. Mr samuri is not the only black individual whom has critized many of our prominent ancestors. If they were wrong they were wrong. A lot of our prominent teachers have reviewed the body of work by our ancestors and disagree with some of thier tactics. I was very touched by mr samuri story about his fateher is not no different from some one going on oprah and releasing some vexing memories from the past. I know i am new but this is looking troubling. I hope my honnesty does not change my relationship with u or this community and those who love u. Question maybe we should have a community vote before some one is banned and if the majority agrees one way or another than so be it. When u do it alone it appears to be personal.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Emanuel ... you are always welcome to ask anything you'd like, and by no means will it change our relationship.

Everyone is not going to agree with every decision i make here. No matter what i do, or how i may respond, there will always be someone that thinks i should have done it different or better.

This community is not for everything and everybody. Some people will find that the way i do, and have done for all the years we've been here, is not to their liking and they'll leave on their own, or carry on in such a way as to be banned. Either which way is okay with me, though i had to grow to this place. When i first started this community, i believed with my whole heart that we, all Black people, could live here together peacefully and respectfully. It wasn't long after, that i was proven wrong. It broke my heart, having to ban that first Member. Likewise, losing Brother SAMURAI is not a win for me.

This community has a very specific purpose, that we love, encourage, embrace, teach and build with each other. It is a place of refuge from the onslaught of all the other attacks our mental and physical experience in the course of the day. It's our safe haven. We don't even have advertisements blinking around here, because i don't want our people having to bogg their already conditioned consciousness with anything extra or unnecessary. This is not a battleground, and i will never allow it to resemble anything that looks like that.

Brother SAMURAI has consistently required me to moderate him, almost from the moment he joined us. He has continually disrespected Members, talked to them in the most demeaning and contentious manner i've ever seen displayed here ... for someone that was allowed to stay after saying such things. While i too admire some aspects of Brother SAMURAI, i will not let him ignore my requests (forever) to interact here within the confines of our rules and purpose.

Brother Emanuel ... this community is not about any one of us, myself included. It's about all of us, collectively. No one person is going to be allowed to take the Spirit of this place to a negative, contentious, hostile low. I just won't let it happen. I can't let it happen. I believe that this is what we need as a people, to learn how to interact with each other in the very best of manners. I believe this is one of the very reasons why this community is so popular, because of the love and peace found here. This one thing alone, in my opinion, could be the beginning of the end of white supremacy. It is a very do-able task, that will not cost us any money, and could change the world overnight. I want us, this community to be an example of the fact that it can happen, even if only on this small scale. I want that, we have that, and i'm going to do all i can to maintain that.

I saw many positive things regarding Brother SAMURAI, and this played a part in my laboring with him as long as i did. Not only that, but so many liked him, enjoyed him, and wanted him to stay. I must call Sister River's name here, for if it were not for her alone, he would have been gone so long ago! I remember thinking on this fact often, how Sister River's sweet, loving disposition, saved him. It made me think of the scripture where it talks about the husband is saved by the righteousness of the wife (or something like that). Anyway, all of this, was part of the reason why he hasn't been banned sooner. But none of these things are enough by themselves to keep him here. Ultimately, it was going to be necessary for Brother SAMURAI to adjust himself and deliver what is required of every other Member.

I really wish he would have taken serious heed to my warnings all along. His being banned at this point, is based solely on his own actions, and nothing more. Yes, we've had lots more Members get banned lately, but i think that's directly related to our growth. Our Membership numbers are large, and those banned are going to be a reflection of that.

You mentioned other Members, other like incidents, and yes, i'm sure you can find some examples of like behavior ... but you will not find anyone being asked, as many times as he has, to abide by our rules. While i spend a lot of my time and energy maintaining this community, i do not appreciate having to babysit grown people. We have rules and purpose. Members are warned, and given a chance to adjust themselves (a few times), in most cases. Some are given no warning and are immediately banned. That's the norm, and Brother SAMURAI received much more than most.

In regard to a community vote, years ago in the early days of the community, we use to do just that! Whenever there was a major issue, or one that i wasn't really sure how or if to proceed with, i'd have a "Family Meeting" and everyone that wanted to vote could, and i'd at least have the Family's collective thoughts on the matter. We grew too big for that long ago. It got to the point that no decisions could be made in an effective and efficient manner, because we had to wait for everyone to vote. So no, i don't think we'll be going back to that.

You likened me to the government regarding censoring folk. I started a thread on this very topic, Where Can We Speak Freely?, after Kanye West was kicked off the Katrina Relief Program. After starting that thread, and getting a few answers from the Family, i came to realize, that this community is not much different than any other place, organization, etc., with goals of their own. I am going to be true to our goals and purpose here, as i'm sure the government and everyone else are true to theirs. So i guess, in that regard, i am kinda like the government. In that thread, this post, i said the following, and i still stand by it:

Brother Emanuel ... if i banned everyone who disagreed with me, i'd be here alone. You seem to think that i banned Brother SAMURAI because i don't agree with him, but that's not true. I don't hardly know any of the stuff that Brother SAMURAI knows, well enough to disagree with him on any of it. It's kinda sad, the thought that i won't be privy to his knowledge any longer. It's rarely been the content of his message that i've disagreed with, but rather, the presentation of it. I'm of the opinion, that there is a right and proper way to do all things, including talking to our Sisters and Brothers in an online community, and we should strive toward that. In addition, we have thousands of Members, over 400,000 posts, and i don't hardly agree with them all, yet they are still here. So no, agreeing with me is not necessary to remain in good standing in this community.

I guess the proverbial buck stops here, with me. That's okay. Someone has to make the hard decisions, popular or not, and deal with the consequences. I'm more than willing and able to do that. I believe with my whole heart, considering all things, that i made the best decision for this community.

I hope i've answered your questions, and if you have more, or i missed something, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    sorry, not that it much matters, eh, but you've got another "not a win for me" on your hands ... or had ya noticed?

i agree with sam; there was no "attack" on his father - he shared a deep, personal private (and prolly painful) thought for the purpose of seeking to help to get a point across. but, oh well; you have spoken.

from the "things that make you go hmmmm" department ...
    i think that there are a lot of people around this planet, and some that are no longer around this planet, that have had some small bit of "disagreement" with this notion that "everything must be said in a manner that I/WE have deemed to be the only appropriate way to present yourself." (which, oddly enough, seems to be endemic, mostly, of north atlantic indigenes; most of the rest of us seem to have more of a "live and let live" attitude.)

nobody seems willing to consider the fit of the other's shoes anymore. truly sad ...

(OT: might want to keep an eye on "copyright infringement" issues possibly directed at "GooTube" ... just sayin, is all.)

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother anAfrican ... my reference to Brother SAMURAI being "not a win for me" was to illustrate, that even though he's gone, i've not won. The goal of this community is to unite us, so when that fails on any level, it's a bit disappointing, especially with someone so knowledgeable as Brother SAMURAI. No matter though, there are enough Members that want to be here, and abide by the rules, and they are the ones i want to notice most.

Unfortunately, it's not your decision to make, what is considered an "attack" in this community.

You're certainly entitled to disagree with what i did, and i thank you for sharing that opinion.

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Emanuel ... i wanna share with you the fact that not even the Moderators or myself, are allowed to consistently break the rules and peace here. Not even me! There have been times when i have been so mad, and wanted to go on and on, fussing about whatever i was fussing about ... and Brother James has basically shut me up! I was so mad at him! I was like, who is he to shut me up anywhere in this community! I mean, i was really mad at him. But i took some time away, cooled down, and had to admit to myself, that that is exactly what he is suppose to do. For even i am not above the rules and peace found here.

There was another time when a Moderator and myself were in the chat room fussing with each other, caught up in the moment and being disruptive to the peace. Sister QueenTswana threatened to kick us both out of the chat room! She's even told me that i can be banned from chat for a few days, if i don't act right!

Now both of these people ... Brother James and Sister QueenTswana ... are a part of the Moderating TEAM because i invited them. They didn't invite me. But they both understand how important our peace is, and made me know that i am not above it.

None of us are above the peace we've been so abundantly blessed with.

Destee

6. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Samurai was one of the strongest (in terms of knowledge-of-self) members on this board. His banning is just another reason to not visit here as often. It appears that every member with a strong opinion is banned. There goes another blow to the spirituality forum. There are many of us who come here to gain wisdom who don't enjoy the celebrity talk, happy birthday threads or other meaningless emoticon-filled nonsense.

Peace to Brother Samurai

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Chucky ... he was also the strongest in terms of disruption as well.

While his knowledge has value ... i don't want it at any cost ... i'm not giving up our peace for it.

So if his not being here, means you won't be here ... i'm willing to pay that price.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

8. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    suggestion

dang L. Webb you might have to go back and change angela
    back the lady with the shotgun

keep holding it down soldier

this is your world

you hate to see people go, like you said we want community but in the long run we do have choices

i heard alot about censorship on this site but if censorship means a more peaceful place and this is YOUR place then you have the right to say what goes on it

i don't have a problem that

and afterall this is Destee.com not suckers.com

and destee delete that stupid guy that signed up today with the name

vladmirKKK

another cyber idiot

another medicated kid sucking his thumb

i might not agree with everything that goes on here but i can agree
    i love being here, i mean what family doesn't have issues some real small
    some real large

peace Destee

9. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I agree
    Everytime I look around he gets banned.
    If two people cannot get along than they should ignore each other.
    Another teacher gone:maddd:

10. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I seriously doubt he'll come back this time:maddd: