Black Women : DEALING WITH LOSS

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Recently I had a conversation with an old female friend. She went to visit my frat house and say she didn't have a good time and wont be going there again. When I asked her why, because the date in question there was a well attended function? She said, it was largely because she felt uncomfortable being asked to dance. I asked why, because I knew she danced in the past. She said it was the idea of someone touching her.
She went on to explain that she hadn't gotten over her husband dying two years ago. She had not gotten past another guy touching her. Please note that she is an elected official of note locally. When I asked her about shaking hands, hugging and kissing. She said that was different. How? Dancing a slow dance isn't dating. You dong kiss during it. She said men and women mourn differently and had different time frames. Guys take a couple of years. Women can take as many as five.

Those of you that have been in this situation or know of similar, please respond. Is this true?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back