Black Short Stories : Deal

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by nexis5, May 27, 2001.

1. nexis5

nexis5 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    nexis5 stars as a rouge corrupt deputy sheriff caught up in a worldwind of controversy after a city council members prodigal son is implicated on drug dealing charges. City errupts in HELL FIRE in this epic cliffhanger, "DEAL".

The metropolitan city makes way to elect a young council member as MAYOR. His wayward son is the black sheep of the family. The council member gives his son 50 grand to lay low until he's elected. The son takes the 50 grand and goes to war with a local drug gang with underworld ties to the deputy sheriff.

2. nexis5

Ratings:
    +0
    The prodigal son.

I cant believe my father has done this. Offered to give me 50 grand to get my life together. Especially after being released on a parole violation.

I honestly want to do the right thing. Its just that when I mix in with the wrong crowd, I end up being the one taking the rap.

3. nexis5

Ratings:
    +0
    The council member.

"Yes I'll have the pasta salad and juice. Thanks." Sigh. Next week I will make the big announcement. I'm glad I'm getting everything in place and had everyone on my team sign a agreement not to talk to the media. I have never been in any hot water. I'm somewhat squeaky clean tight azzz if you asked me. I strongly feel that any negativity or stupid expose reporting will cost me dearly. I have carefully cultivated an astute network. A controlled Coalition.

4. nexis5

Ratings:
    +0
    The Sheriff

I really gets trying sometimes. The youth of today just have an absolute lack of respect for law and order. I seen the very people I busted walk away from their stints in jail, commit a crime and go right back. Just what has this society come to? To serve and to protect. Bull****. The county doesnt pay for the madness we go through.

I was about to go out on patrol and found a cell phone on the hood of my car with a note.
    Your basic first class bribe.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    enjoying this Nexis ...
    hope i'm not interrupting things by posting
    right here in the *middle* ...

6. nexis5

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Destee! Its okay to comment. :D

The prodigal son.

50 grand. I aint even got a job. Havent had one since I got fired because of this tattoo, my first. "LoveONE GUN" in big gothic font with skulls. Them NAWLIN college cuties like that ****. Some of the administration too. Dont mean to come of as a hoe but for five years I have been taken care of due to the series of relationships.

Give and take. 50 grand and street knowledge? Maybe I should get it together.

7. nexis5

Ratings:
    +0
    The council member.

It will be nice. A jazz brunch invite then the announcement. It wish it was that easy for my son. I tried everything. Tough love. Military school. Monetary punishment. It has become so that everything he does, its in acts of defiance. Why cant he just calm down, marry a nice little sexy homemaker and settle? Belgian waffles with morning paper. Leave the thug life alone.

With the 50 grand comes a bit of a stipulation.

8. nexis5

Ratings:
    +0
    The Sheriff

"Whats the use." I told myself. The logic too. Coke dealers get to walk in the park and sail in the tropics off of the backs of parasites who cook its derivative to crack. When I joined the force, I grew tired of being out gunned. It got to the point where I was taking NO-DOZE to stay awake and triple shots of NY-QUIL to sleep. What hurts me is that my wife divorced me to run with one of these lil drug thugs. Every now and then I see her all snuggled up in shiney jag ICED down like some superstar. I bet my alimony is funding his lil dynasty on the eastside.

So I said to hell with serving and protecting. Service and protection at a price.

My price.

9. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    YOU GOTTA

KEEP GOING WITH THIS HERE. YOU GOT ME HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!

10. nexis5

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks UbZoRbShUn. This entry is at your request! :)

The prodigal son.

Now aint this some bull! He wants me to pick up the money deposited in various acounts in different cities. He will wire the money and tell me the next stop. Four stops spread out over nine months. Never ceases to cramp my style. Anyway, thats about 12 Gs start up cash. He wants me to come over and pick up 2 Gs today. Bet he has a long speech to go with it too.