Deadly Silence: Child Abuse

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by NNQueen, Apr 12, 2004.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    If your child or any child came to you claiming they were victims of abuse, would you believe them? The frequency of which this is now being reported, is startling. Sexual abuse in the headlines today is focused on Black men. As we all know it's not true, most people are being programmed to think that Black men are sexual animals.

Take a look at the sickness that is prevalent in our society.
    http://www.ra-info.org/resources/ra_cases.shtml

What would you do--how would you react if your child or a child came to you for help?

Peace,
    Queenie:spinstar:

2. soblessed

soblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    If one of my children came and told me they were being abused I would believe them.I try to teach my children that lying is wrong.I also hope that they would tell me if something like that would happen.I believe that white men( people) are the real animals. What about all the priest(who are usually white) molest little boys. No one ever says anything about that. Most times they are not even prosecuted!

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Good points

Greetings and welcome to our community, soblessed. And thank you for posting to this thread. Child sexual molestation is not a subject that most people want to focus attention on, but I think it's important to address because we know it happens.

We read and hear about so much mental sickness in our society. You have to wonder what's going on, is it new or is it just that people are not afraid or embarassed to discuss it anymore? Child protection laws have become more prominent in recent years and children are learning ways to protect themselves younger and younger because of them. But it still happens and could there be reason for us to make sure that we teach our children about it and assure them that they'll be taken seriously if they need to report an incident?

If you knew of someone in your family or neighborhood that is victimizing a child, what would you do?

Queenie :spinstar:

4. soblessed

soblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    I would want to kill them because it is sick and wrong but I wouldn't kill them.I would have to call the police. I personaaly believe that God can heal all things but until they get healed the have to be stopped and if the only way to do so is to call the police and report ot so be it.We have to protect the children.I have children and heaven forbid if something like that would happen to them.Family or not I would have to report it.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    first it so sad how we as black men are labled as sexual animals or danger
    to children or women and yes i would listen and look into what is being said
    i try to teach my kids that lying will lead to another lie and can land them in
    some kind of trouble or get a person in trouble tell the truth it's GODLY
    if i know of such sexual abuse i would report it , this the kind of things that
    have hurt our brothers throughjout the years they need to restudy these facts
    because there are not just black men but all race abusing children in many ways
    then sexually but mentally & physically as well but yet i would listen .