Black People : de-term-in-ologies

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Oct 19, 2007.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Determin-ologies

The English suffix -ology or -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline, and -ologist describes a person who studies that field.
    The word ology is a back-formation from the names of these disciplines. "-logy" basically means "the study of ____".
    Although technically incorrect, "-ology" is sometimes used to describe a subject rather than the study of it. Technology is a typical example. This usage is also widespread in medicine; for example, pathology is often used for specific disease ("We have not found the pathology yet").
    "Ology" can be appended to any word, humorously, when describing its study; such as beer-ology or Wiki-ology.
    There are a few irregular exceptions to the ending "-ologist"; for example theology/theologian.
    It can also refer to the 'Ology series of books, fictional encyclopedias, currently including Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons, Egyptology: Search for the Tomb of Osiris, Wizardology: The Secrets of Merlin, Pirateology: A Pirate Hunter's Companion, and Mythology: Greek Gods, Heroes, & Monsters.
    Determin-ology: the study of determination
    Determination is a virtue characterized by firmness of purpose and resoluteness. Never giving up when odds are against you.

Term-in-ologies​
    brain
    That which powers the form and is associated with our perceptions and sense of personal identity. There are three distinct areas of the brain: the lower, middle, and upper regions. And they each serve a function in the evolution of our perception of how we instinctively, socially, and creatively organize our reality. Each phase of your life represents an evolutionary stage that your brain is going through to unite with the deeper regions of itself. As you travel further into the solar system and deeper within the regions of your brain, you are being recalibrated to take on greater complexity. To do this, you are being recalibrated from using just the lower regions of your brain as the central way in which you are organizing reality to using different combinations of the lower (self-protection), middle (association, emotions), and upper (abstract thought) regions of the brain. Based on the regions of the brain that you have been creatively coded to use, you represent a brain prototype whose perceptive pattern limits the amount of knowledge that actually exists within the environment to what you have been calibrated to perceive.

body
    A manifestation of how your brain has evolved to add different regions of itself. The body is the form that sustains the brain and determines its longevity.

consciousness
    An awareness that you can share and agree upon with at least one other person.

form
    The physical body. See body

lower region of the brain
    The lower region of the brain rules your instinctual life. See brain

middle brain
    The middle brain manages our social life. See brain

upper brain
    And the upper brain manages our creative life. See brain

left brain
    Organizes and sequentially measures what is taking place. Regulates how life is. Understands things dynamically. Is able to produce and reproduce. Represents the highest state of self-organization.

right brain
    Seeks to define how life should be. Uses philosophical concepts and ideas—from a magical, mystical perspective. Cannot reproduce what it uses or comes in contact with. Doesn’t know how to structure, organize, or construct. Needs to associate with others who construct reality. Tends to feel disappointment with self and others.

adjuster
    Each of us has a soul that is seeking to recognize and connect with our spiritual purpose and intention within the greater collective. And we advance our soul through a series of adjusters or spiritual guides who manifest themselves in physical form to bring us to higher levels of spiritual consciousness within whichever matrix they represent.

prototype
    When two or more people have the same perceptive pattern.

perceptive pattern
    A consistent way in which you organize your picture of reality.

reality
    reality is a combination of our different perceptions of time and the amount of information that is being decoded and integrated from the lower, middle, and upper regions of the brain.

states of consciousness
    Consciousness is the middle brain’s ability to become aware. It has to take the upper brain’s knowledge and create a vehicle that it can associate with, translate into a separate object that reattaches to us so that we can associate with it. It may come in the guise of a device or machine that expands our awareness. To evolve to greater states of consciousness is to increase one’s awareness and dynamic understanding of reality.
    [​IMG]

Join us Sunday, Noon ET in CHAT for "Consciousness Raising On-Line".
    Topic 10-21-07: Deconstructing Disney​

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Very interesting that you should say consciousness is a shared/relative state.

If perception is reality then anyone who controls our collective perception will also control out reality. To triumph in such a situation (we might use white supremacy or some such conceptualization as an example of a situation) I do not deny this power but I recognize that it is transient. I educate myself about the time when it was not a power and the history of how it came to be a power (left brain) then devise a plan for dismantling it (right and left brain working in symbiosis).

Let’s say if I were in a swimming pool and decided at some point that I did not want to be wet. I may see the pool as fixed reality with which I must deal and depending on the strength of my character I might weep piteously for my unhappy predicament or I might stoically learn to live with it and adjust. Or I might look beyond the horizons of the pool and determine what I could do to turn the fantasy dream in my mind’s eye into a physical reality. I get out of the pool. But now I am dripping wet. Someone comes along and says “see you‘re out of the pool but you’re still wet so it wasn’t the pool making you wet. You might as well get back into the pool and stop blaming it for what is clearly your own fault." I might see this person‘s words as the voice of reality that I must face with a stiff upper lip or I might dismiss him as a fool, grab a towel and dry myself off.

The bottom line is our perceptions are as transient as the realities we create with them.

Re= to do again
    Spect=look
    Self==the true being of an individual

When we respect when we look again at who we truly are--it is at that point that we can control our perceptions and make the decisions that will change our reality.

This has been a public service message brought to you by Da River

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    In other words let the diabolisms of your left brain work towards the visons of your right brain.