Black Poetry : De' Slave Master Become De' Slave

ASHANTA

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn N. Y.

The old master who worked me from sun up and sun down, never thought a ****** boy would make him become the slave he bought, oh that breezy night, when all the masters Chilean had gone, I sat upon the night, with my pitch folk in my hand, I sit upon the old browsing stove, praying to the lord that I be free, slowly creep to the master house, never knew he would be my slave, oh I knew what the out come would be, wondered how he felt of being my slave, night went on and on, planning how I would work the master until he felt my pain, I must say master John, we are all alone, master look at me, and said boy what’s on your mind.

I slowly look in the masters eyes I said master, sir you now belong to me, oh what a fight the master put up, I kneeled him down and bond his hand, oh master said to me, I will hang you from the highest tree, oh I stood as tall as can be, I said boy you now belong to me, master tried to put up a fight, untied his hands, and made him work all night .
Boy bring me some food, had my eyes on he, chained his angel so who wouldn’t run free, oh the night I plan, how dose It feel to be less than a man. Oh master say boy you are dead, I said master be still stop putting thoughts in my head, master sit with tears in de eyes, I took my whip and began beating him hard, Da’ master looked up with tears upon his eyes, he said boy I ‘se your master, I looked upon the bonded chains, I said excuse me master John my master name is the lord.

I ‘se now shall enjoy your fruits of my labor. Color folks was standing in the night, mama said boy master family gone hang you dat’s right. Oh mama bell went to the river, she prayed loud ,that I free master John from his chains.

If I must dye; it will be as a man, I shall die with dignity, I shall stand tall if I must take the burning bullet; That sets before my death. I shall dye nobly as my brother Jesus who laid upon the cross, if we must die, I shall take your hand And we shall look upon the skies, as you my brother, As I ; we shall go at one time. Let not thee suffer, take the last breath , that I Shall march through the skies; There shall be no tears, I the soldier of God, Their shall be no pleading, I shall carry the cross As my brother upon the skies, so I shall give Back to thy brother who died for me. Thy grave that lies upon my trust. I shall not die, as the murders who stand Before me, when you speak of my death, You shall never remember a beginning plea; My body is just a carcass; but my spirit shall fly free.

Mama cry out loud, I take Da’ whip and hit Mr. Charlie another time; Who am I Mr. Charlie say it loud? I’ se the master, and you de slave. The old slave sat with tears upon his eyes, he say let him hang, from the trees, I have already die, the old black man, took the master Gun, He shot Mr. John in the head, I’ se free man, I cried no pain, Sister Shut up that crying over the lynch man he kills your son, crying over the devil, who work you from sun up, to sun down. I ‘se dye like a free man. I ‘se walk tall, my legacies will not be a slave, I shall dye like the lord wanted me, I stand tall, don’t cry for me, a good slave is a dead slave in the masters eyes, shut up women for I hit you with my whip, fetch me some food, that I will be free,

I have fought for a cause; lies upon the dark; the inner man shall not awaken from the dark, the bite of the bullet is much to hot, the valley is closing in as I take a deep breath, the warrior is not a warrior; until he has shredded blood, words are a hopeless survival if the unite is divided, we shall all fall at once, under the emancipation of slaves, who continue
Black folks humble in a circle, tears upon the eyes, and the old slave turn and said, cry to the lord, not the devil who make you de slave. Old women begin to sing. I go out upon the church yard, and prepare my death, I lay with my hands out upon my chest, I wait for the lynch man, to revenge my death, but I shall prepare to meet the lord on de other side of the skies, oh colored folks scared to run, I shall run no more, I the master, and the master the slave.

Go wait upon de Lord,
Go wait upon de Lord,
Go wait upon de Lord, my God
O, blow your trumpet, Gabriel,
Blow your trumpet louder;
All dem Chilean go in de wilderness
To wait upon de Lord."

"In de mornin',
In de mornin',

Lord gone have its way
Go wait upon de Lord,
Go wait upon de Lord,
Go wait upon de Lord, my God

And I wish I'd been dar,
I wish I'd been dar,
I wish I'd been dar, my Lord
O, glory, hallelujah!
In de mornin’
God gone have de way
Don't you hear de trumpet sound?
God gone have his way
Don't you hear de trumpet sound?
God gone have his way

"In de mornin',
In de mornin',
Lord gone have its way

Old lady Susie gave the old slave his armory to run; as the old master hanged from the tree, said old black slaves don’t cry the master song, I take my chances with lord, I got no more time on de hand.
Old slave held his son in his hand, he said son run, as fast as you can, mama screamed in a loud voice, the old slave said shut up women, my son shall be free, the son look at his daddy with tears in his eyes, he said daddy sir, I want to dye to be free. All the black boys begin to run, singing I shall no longer sing the slave man song.
And oh yeah, yall master-blasters, let me run this by you...
This "blackness" that I have, it's "Original"...it's the one
thing yall can't tamper or enslave, did you hear that master bell?
I can stand out in the sun, and my blackness remains, ...what about you? so tell me master bell ...who's ugly? And who is free, I take it upon the mountain of Calvary.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back