Black Poetry : De’ Black Tribes

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by ASHANTA, Jul 13, 2005.

1. ASHANTA

ASHANTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +72
    De’ Black Tribes

Hundred years in the deepest South: I took my lashing, I stood as a woman, I cried as my baby, Da’ snatch from my breast, but oh the blood that runs through my vein I not worry, I’ve the blood of the savior that runs upon the rivers call black roots justice, De’ God put a song and a prayer in my mouth, he repressed de’ pain of the old master whip, but yet I stand tall as a Queen, De’ husband stripped in the name of Blackman, but I shall not cry, I shall bring my people cross, under the banner of de’ Almighty God, the psalms I sing upon my mouth, God put a dream like steel in my heart, I continue to multiply nations of black tribes, until the last drop of de’ blood I shall not bow down, Now, through my children, I'm reaching the goal.

The eyes are the windows of the soul, the love is the shelter of the heart, confidence of change is deepen into the foundation of will, at all course When a man starts out with nothing, the fear upon his journey darkens the thought of change,
    When a man starts out with his hands
    Empty, but clean, he believes in the savior, oh thy humble soul, I have the blue print to change the world, who believed in him, shall believe in thee, oh what a golden cup the sip of transformation, upon the land that thee walk, the seeds has been blessed, the temple is the hope chest, the spirit shall fly free, as he gains de’ wings,
    De’ man starts to build de’ world, foundation is study, and his roots become the freedom, de’ resolutions change;
    De’ Negro man starts, de’ mighty cry, de’ man bring family across, first with himself; And de’ mighty faith that love within his heart, the love of the almighty God, and savior who brought him across; the strength And the will to build and de’ break the chains;

The heart is the dream the roots begin to form
    The soul starts seeking a way.
    Eyes look out on the world,
    De’ great wooded world and natures call,
    the paradise, the oceans, sea’s, the angels that fly upon
    the head, the white doves in form of the angels, that protect,
    the land, I have seen the mighty rivers, I have worked the mighty lands, I have shredded blood upon the battle fields.
    The rivers of the Black Sea.

De’ Heart reaching out to heart through the hot sun,
    Hand reaching out to hand the cries of freedom upon de’ land,
    They began to build our land de’ hot of the sun;
    The almighty sun got his eyes on the soul of man,
    The hands that picked the mighty cotton, the clothing that covered de’ body, Some were free hands, to watch for danger,
    Seeking a greater freedom the test of the survival,
    Many that sit with de’ arm short, de’ leg gone, de’ eyes are darken by the sun, de’ run away slave, the accepted way, underground rail way, humble to speak the plan,
    Hoping to find their freedom,
    De’ slave hands dripping from blood of the land,
    in their hearts the seed of freedom,
    But the word was there always:
    Freedom, Freedom, Freedom.
    The lord come by here.

Down into the earth I carry the cotton upon de’ back
    With de’ the plow, blisters upon de’ hands,
    Lord I sing the song of your love,
    Deepen in the roots of my heart, one hand on the clock, one time on the cross, de’ lord said he gone make my burden short.
    I fed de’ folks at the big house, I give de’ blood to thee, I build from the plantation, cage as an animal, pain I cry unto thee, in a cage, and the cotton that I grew, the thorns
    That pick the black blood, the garment of your wear, the roots of my vein, the pain of my sweat, the mother of the freedom train, in the slave land, the soul de man walk upon the land, de’ mighty souls, who worked life to death, the sound of the whip, life the man took from my Chilean soul.​

copywrite @2005

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    De Black awareness of De.Queen to carry thy people pass stilliness
    i love this one ........................the message speaks loud

3. ASHANTA

United States
    Ratings:
    +72
    thanks rich for your comments

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    indeed likewise sista thank u for sharing our uplifting spirits

5. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    With your words we can envision the strength through God's grace that was mightier than the cruelty. Flow on with this sista poet.

6. ASHANTA

United States
    Ratings:
    +72
    blessings my sister all in the name of the lord and savior and the almighty GOD