Black Spirituality Religion : DAYS OF TRIBULATION: In the door?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by willa, Aug 4, 2014.

1. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    Who wonders if the prophecies of the wrath of God are coming upon the world? Name a little something, something, as evidence.

2. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    Okay, here is something to look at as fig leaves budding forth their evidence. How about California and their record breaking amount of disasters. Miles and miles of wild fires - Drought AND floods. Fifteen foot mud slide, last heard people still in some cars. Thirteen people struck by lightning on Venice beach and one little ol' golfer in the middle of a golf corse in Catalina.

Out of control Ebola in Africa and now reports of Ebola in the Phillipines.

Crazy record breaking "Extreme Weather everywhere. People in New York stranded on the freeway for three days because of snow.

Earthquake in China killing 381 people.

I'm just sayin' I don't ever remember anything like this all at once.

Even a weather reporter said she had never seen it like this.

It is beginning to look like a puzzle piece that belongs to the last days prophecies.

3. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    lookin at it scientificaly the number of disasters such as earthqyakes eruptions landslides avalanches and so on seems to be pretty constant over time

but...... there has been a steady increase in whats knwn as hydrometeorological disasters - droughts hurricanes floods and so on - most scientists seem to put this down to global warmin - in other words us

now was tht what was prophesied - that wed just destroy ourselves - not sure - i never did study revelations in any real depth

4. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Villa don't be surprised IF the anti-Christian posse begin to spew forth their comments and try to make you look silly. Remember the bible says there will be scoffers in the last days. Some will say these things have been happening all the time.

I started to think about these events recently, and I believe strange things are happening.
    The bible mentions things that only those who really want to see will see.

Matthew 24..
    Christ mentioned disease epidemics, wars, rumours of war, earthquakes in different places and religious persecution.

I think that the statement Christ made when he said that it would like in the days of Noah...

Today people are going about their business without a thought of what is happening..(until it affects them)

As believers our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.

Keep the faith my brother and fixed your eyes on Jesus.
    Thanks for posting.

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Matthew 24 King James Version (KJV)
    24 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many

Don't be surprise when folks begin to scoff at this. People were scoffing at Noah too.

Many will say that they have heard that before....As believers we must be prepared for we know not the day or the hour. I love the analogy of the Christian life as a soldier.. He must must be watchful at all times.

Recently I have been studying Matthew 24 and looking at events that are taking place.

Thanks for posting and keep the faith.:)

6. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    Okay Dreya and dunwiddat, Let's keep a little watch on these things.

We can add the Christians that are being persecuted in the Middle East. The Terrorists that have been taking over Iraq, are executing the Christians shooting and beheading them. That is the goal of any of the Terrorists to enforce radical Islam and the Sheria Law by war and death across the world. That would be #9 on dunwiddat's Matthew 24 list. And this is what our government is not understanding. It is their world goal, and like the brother of one Terrorist leader said, their extreme ideology has no boundaries.

Let's see what even today brings to add to our list.

Your
    Sure...Global Warming, and God also works in what would be perceived as natural ways. Yet what we can also add are those events that have nothing to do with weather So can do an evaluation with it all.

7. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    What can be done for our sakes in these times: The people around Lake Eerie (sp?) wished they had put in a large storage of water. The first thing unprepared people do is rush the stores in a disaster and the water goes flying off the shelves till they are empty.

The people on the East coast wished they had a an emergency kit in their trunks when they were stranded on the freeway for three days because of snow and ice. Water is always an immediate need in any event or disaster. They wished they had a can of pork n beans, a can opener, water and a couple of blankets.

California supplies 1/3 of the world with food from their professional farms. Yet, they are in a serious, serious drought. Putting extra food away would not hurt anything, maybe stamped, good to 2017.

The scriptures say, "those who are prepared need not fear" Since, if this is the time of the prophecies of the last days, that means God is bringing judgement against the wicked. There's a little something for the world to consider.

8. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    certainly always best to be prepared for stuff no matter what - no need to go crazy but always good to have supplies of food water batteries candles an so on - somthin as simple as snow on a freeway like you said and your in trouble right off if you have nothin with you

9. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    People said the same during the bad hurricane season/series of earthquakes between 2003 and 2008 before blaming the disaster in haiti on the gays and praising god for causing it.

People mentioned the same 'war n rumors of war' schpeal during the Iraqi "War" buildup, WW2, Spanish Flu, Civil War...and the Black Plague, cept the Christians didnt just cite the rapture. They just started killing jews.

...and, of course, therell be naysayers. What youve described is just one individuals perception.
    Thats the point. >shrug<
    DREYA is the only poster who responded with any amt of objectivity and deductive reasoning. The rest was a statement supported by bible babble, feel-good scripture-quoting and Rapture Alarmism.
    Ya'll still dont 'know' but think you 'know' enough to "prophesize" that the end of the world is near...? But, theres something wrong with those who'd tell you that youre wrong? LOL
    ...and they call atheists smug and arrogant...

You should know by now that this "Sunday Morning Drivel" will not do for any who doesnt believe as you do.

Dont feign surprise at my response, either. Youre recving what you wanted: Contention. Debate ... though, theres nothing worth debating and Im not. This boils down to forcing anyone who disagrees into debating the validity of your faith and giving others of your faith opportunity to play victim as they blame atheists/agnostics/free thinkers/whatever, for highlighting the obvious.
    THIS...is a waste of time.

If youd wanted a bunch of co-signing yes-men, you wouldve kept this s-- in the Christian forum. >>shrug<< It is, what it is.

...and since it was thrown out there -- no. Im not 'trying' to make the faithful look silly:
    No one has to 'try'. Be real.
    *smirk*
    Christians, especially, wrote the book on "thought-stopping" and painting ones self in philosophical corners.
    Everyone knows. - just let them talk. Just supply enough rope. Its bound to happen and it usually does, entirely on its own.

...and will continue to occur so long as the faithful practice the strange habit of developing a conclusion BEFORE gathering evidence that supports it.
    Who the f-- thinks like that? LOL

10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Sista Willa, I'm hurt that you would look upon me as an 'anti christian" that is out to make you look silly.:10800:

But I do have one question among many, and that is after 325 A.D, why did the church persecute everybody that didn't believe as they did? I mean the inquisition wasn't some little fun get-a-way for the people that found themselves in font of the tribunal.

The Horrors Of The Church And Its Holy Inquisition.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp_vatican29.htm

Peace!