Black Spirituality Religion : Daydreaming and Astral Travel

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by karmashines, Jun 3, 2005.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    For the spiritualists here, do you believe daydreaming is a form of astral travel?

It is strange in that just like a sleeping dream you can create an alternate reality that seems real, but since you are awake you know it isn't real. However, when most people astral travel there isn't the buffer of consciousness to tell them what they're experiencing is not 'real.' Is not having that buffer a necessity in determining whether you have traveled astrally?

2. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    A sage long ago, once had a dream about being a butterfly, once awaking he pondered, “was he a man dreaming that he was a butterfly or possibly a butterfly dreaming he was a man…”?

We could use this same analogy as we think about our higher consciousness, which I believe for Black people is our god-selves. “Are we Black people dreaming we were once gods or Gods having a long dream about being humans.” This is sort of the basic plot of the Matrix (which not surprisingly was originally written by a Black woman). ...it’s all about how real is that we perceive and do we believe that what we perceive is real.

Dreaming and astral projection are just extensions of our natural senses and these abilities have become marginalized and seen as paranormal, only since the despiritualized Patriarchal rationalist started to demonize all sensory perception outside of their understanding or control. Once all extrasensory perception and spiritual power was taken from the shamans and holy women, this knowledge was then deconstructed and redirected towards the conquest of the world and the empowerment of the spiritless.

Have you ever heard of the U.S. governments Remote Viewing program? This was an astral projection program that was developed and controlled by Army Intelligence for over twenty years, before Congress cut-away it’s funding, now many believe that the CIA are secretly continuing the program. There was a reporter/writer that exposed this program some years ago and wrote a book and documentary; he interviewed ex-military who were participants in the program.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Peace God......................................

"or are we Gods dreaming of being humans"???

that is the question and answer........and it spills (for lack of a better word) over into our concious state which is why some of us call each other gods/goddesses because with an intense study of who we were, we call back our former selves.........GOD!!!

- wisdom, strength and Beauty.............

peace

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Another excellent reply on your behalf Sun Ship.

Remote Viewing is still being used by countries like Russia, China, France, Israel, England and Japan.

There's a former army intelligence officer by the name of Ed Dames, the last time I checked he runs a company called Psy-ops or something like that, and he allegedly teaches a course to potential canditates (clandestine think tank, no pun intended). Remote viewing is very real, the "agent" is given coordinates, after being blind folded while sitting in a room with lead walls, and can identify the target in detail as if they were literally in the same room, office or space as the target.

Not only can they project themselves in a given room or space, but they can also kill a person if need be, by inducing heart attacks or projecting great fear in the subject.

But to answer your question sista, the australian aboriginal people say that the waking hours are the illusion and that the dream state is the real world. There are times when I day dream I literally go into a trance and can project myself to past or future.

One time I was day dreaming about, of all things the first persian gulf war, and I was "imagining" Saddam Hussein having had billions of dollars tucked away in swiss bank accounts, then later on that week there was a story in Newsday about him having 11 billion dollars in US dollars in swiss banks.

So thru this experience, I learned that I needed to pay attention to the things I day dream about, because often I see them come to past no more than 24 hours later that day.

But then again, dreams show us that past, present and future often run congruently, right?

5. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Brotha Sun Ship mentioned a very profound saying with respect to man dreaming himself as God or are we Gods dreaming of ourselves as man, So I thought I would share something that I learned while studying Gnosticism.

The Feminine principle of the creator, known as Sophia (Wisdom), in the course of her "journeyings", came to eminate from her own being a flawed conciousness.

This simply means that the there was a flaw due to the lack of the male principle of the creator(the Christ) in the process of emination.

a being who became the creator of the material and psychic cosmos, all of which he created in the image of his own flaw. This being, unaware of his origins, imagined himself to be the ultimate and absolute God. Since he took the already existing divine essence and fashioned it into various forms, he is called the Demiurge, or half maker. There is an authentic half, a true DEIFIC COMPONENT within creation, but IT IS NOT RECOGNIZED by the half-maker and by his cosmic minions, the Archons or "rulers" Does this sound familiar?

Human Nature mirrors the duality found in the world: in part it was made by the false creator God and in part it consist of the light of the True God. Man contains a perishable physical and psychic component as well as a spiritual compenent which is a fragment of the divine essence. This latter part is often symbolically referred to as the "divine spark".

Man is generally ignorant of this divine spark resident within him. This ignorance is fostered in man by the influence of the false creator and his archons, who together are INTENT ON KEEPING MAN AND WOMEN IGNORANT of their true nature and destiny. Anything that causes us to remain attached to earthly things serves to keep us in enslavement to these lower cosmic rulers.

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    How interesting!

We are fighting sharks with pea shooters.

As long as men and women are at odds with each other and in competition with each other the flaw will continue. That's why they keep those flames burning. Anything we see that seems to prevail against good that is a key--genders, music and media (ear to mind communication), religion (keeping the masses trapped in exoterics) etc.