Black Spirituality Religion : Dattaswami1

re;

SAMURAI36;

I am a man, and live in India.

A such my skin is also almost black only. I also feel there should not be any discrimination based on colour. If you remember Mahatma Gandhi, Indias national figure faught for black people in Africa. And in India itself a great person named Dr Ambedkar, faught for discrimination of untouchables and he wrote the constitution of India and given 'reservations for backward casts in India in every goverment jOB.

In fact my preachings are irrespective with regards to any religion. Spirituality is the path of pleasing Lord through service to Him when He comes in human form.

Caste System

Caste System

Gita(A scripture of Hinduism)says that the caste is due to qualities and profession (Guna Karma Vibhagasah). Qualities were always respected. Rama and Krishna were non-Brahmins (black). The Brahmin priests wash the statues of Rama and Krishna and swallow it as sacred water. In Bhagavatam(a scripture) it is written that Bhuri Sravasa, who is a pot maker was made Brahma in the sacrifice.

Ravana( a demon) was a Brahmin but was condemned. Every human being is ‘Sudra’ by birth and can become Brahmin by practicing the true meaning of Vedas (Janmana Jaayate). Brahmana means he who knows Brahman. Brahman also means Veda in Sanskrit. Every caste contains good people as well as bad people. Sabari and Kannappa belong to the family of untouchables. No body is untouchable by birth. In Veda only four castes were mentioned.

How this fifth caste came into existence? All the bad people in the four castes were expelled from the village just like a bad student is expelled from the school. Thus untouchability is due to the qualities and deeds but not by birth. Brahmins are worshipping the photos of Sabari and Kannappa in their prayer rooms.

dattaswami1 said:
SAMURAI36;

I am a man, and live in India.

A such my skin is also almost black only.

That's peace to hear. Pleased to meet you!!

I think it would do this community well, to Black people the world over. Oftentimes, we become homogenized in many aspects.

Far too often, I've seen the so-called "African-American" perspective evinced as one that, if you are not a Black persont that is born on American soil, then you can neither relate nor contribute to the struggles that AA's endure.

Black people live all over the world, not just in Africa, nor just in America. I've seen Black Indians, that are darker than even the darkest continental African.

Thus, it pleases me that you would seek to take interest in and relate to us, and this, in my mind, is grounds enough to do the very same to/with you.

Allow me to comment on a couple your proceeding statements:

I also feel there should not be any discrimination based on colour.

While that should indeed be the goal for all human beings, unfortunately it is not. And it is with this awareness that we as Black people, and people of color in general, that we here have congregated together. Not only to cope with the discrimination, but also to find new methods of battling it.

If you remember Mahatma Gandhi, Indias national figure faught for black people in Africa.

Here is where you and I might differ in our perspectives.

The general notion the world over is the Gandhi was a humanitarian, who fought for Black people.

However, newer information emerges, that refutes this perspective. It has even been mentioned here in past threads.

Here is some very pertinent info to this very subject:

http://www.kush.co.za/workarea/show.asp?ArticleNo=36

http://www.anc.org.za/ancdocs/history/people/gandhi/hunt.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3576420.stm

http://www.trinicenter.com/WorldNews/ghandi4.htm

http://www.mkgandhi.org/articles/tarring.htm

http://www.mkgandhi.org/articles/jamesdhunt.htm

What are your thoughts on this infomation?

This is info is becoming increasingly known, and is easily researchable.

As a fellow Black person, it would be most advisable not to find heroism in an individual, simply because he/she shares the same ethnic, genderal, or national heritage as you do.

I've found from personal experience as well as historical knowledge, that such an endearment can lead to downfall.

And in India itself a great person named Dr Ambedkar, faught for discrimination of untouchables and he wrote the constitution of India and given 'reservations for backward casts in India in every goverment jOB.

Indeed, I'm quite familiar with DR AMBEDKAR's work. He and his works are very admirable indeed.

In fact my preachings are irrespective with regards to any religion. Spirituality is the path of pleasing Lord through service to Him when He comes in human form.

I agree.

However, it's important not to become oblivious to earthly matters, for the sake of spiritual ascendancy. Striking a balance between the 2 realms is of the greatest importance. That is, afterall, why the Divine comes in human form in the first place.

Not realizing the balance is one of the greatest mistakes that Our people the world over (whether in Africa, America, or India) had committed, and continue
to make.

Just as the Divine comes in human form, so does the Great Destroyer. It is my perspective that this Destroyer has been here for roughly 6000 years now.

Lord Krishna fought against him, as we do this very day.

We must be made aware of this, and it is this awareness that we can ascend to the Dharma.

It is an absolute pleasure building with you, and I'm looking forward to more of our discussions.

HOTEP/SHANTI

dattaswami1 said:
Caste System

Gita(A scripture of Hinduism)says that the caste is due to qualities and profession (Guna Karma Vibhagasah). Qualities were always respected. Rama and Krishna were non-Brahmins (black). The Brahmin priests wash the statues of Rama and Krishna and swallow it as sacred water. In Bhagavatam(a scripture) it is written that Bhuri Sravasa, who is a pot maker was made Brahma in the sacrifice.

Ravana( a demon) was a Brahmin but was condemned. Every human being is ‘Sudra’ by birth and can become Brahmin by practicing the true meaning of Vedas (Janmana Jaayate). Brahmana means he who knows Brahman. Brahman also means Veda in Sanskrit. Every caste contains good people as well as bad people. Sabari and Kannappa belong to the family of untouchables. No body is untouchable by birth. In Veda only four castes were mentioned.

How this fifth caste came into existence? All the bad people in the four castes were expelled from the village just like a bad student is expelled from the school. Thus untouchability is due to the qualities and deeds but not by birth. Brahmins are worshipping the photos of Sabari and Kannappa in their prayer rooms.
I'm still finding it a bit strange that the majority if not the totality of these "bad people" were/are Black people. This becomes especially curious when one considers that the word Aryan is a German corruption of the word Arya which means good people.

No condemnation meant here. I just find it curious that's all.