Black Spirituality Religion : Date of Crucifixion Verified?

You would have to be familiar with the religion in order to understand

I may not be familiar with the religion you speak of, but I am familiar with the Bible. Christ said in Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." The part that I am unfamiliar with is how you can count 3 days and 3 nights from Good Friday night to Easter Sunday morning.

I may not be familiar with the religion you speak of, but I am familiar with the Bible. Christ said in Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." The part that I am unfamiliar with is how you can count 3 days and 3 nights from Good Friday night to Easter Sunday morning.

If you were familiar with the bible, you would know that many of it's passages are veiled in allegory. Meaning they arent to be taken litterally. They are analogous stories. That's why you need to be familiar with the religion

Last edited:

I don't have my notes in front of me but I believe the answer to this question is two parts; (1) White Christians have a controversy about this very issue due to that fact that they follow the Roman date system and changed the first day of the week to begin on Monday instead of Sunday, and also this confusion causes other controvrsy amongst them too in this very question, (2) The Hebrews go by the scientific and lunar calendar to base their scriptures initially and this is overlooked many times. Their day actually begins 'at night' at 6:00 PM and sometimes the Christians [White] overlook this completely and this causes more confusion.
Based on my research,

Jesus was marked in the morning by the 'rooster's crow' at the break of sunrise at 6:00 am by Peter's denial, then at 3:00 he was heaved up on the cross and at 6:00 pm the solar eclipse began to mark the day/evening had changed fro the Hebrews but not the Romans. Jesus was crucified on a Thursday, not Good Friday, and this was just changed by the Christians who ignore the Hebrew way of dating. Jesus was crucified on a Thursday, October 14 at 3:00 pm and at 6:00 pm, it became October 15 for the Hebrews. But Christians call this Friday, when the actual day would still be 'thursday' but the number had changed to the 15th for the Hebrews. Jesus actually 'died' [gave up the ghost] 3 hours later at the end of the solar eclipse on Thursday night, October 15 at 9:00 PM.

So perhaps this may help to answer your question. the start point to count the three days and three nights is based on recognizing the distinction in the factors that i listed, I believe. The date of Jesus death is also marked and confirmed many other ways, one specific way is when Solomon laid the foundation for the temple which was 'the second month' and 'the second day of the month' and again, that would have been OCTOBER 15.

Jesus

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back