Black Women : Dark Girl Complex by Real Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
panafrica said:
A lot of dark sisters will not wear the "hat" of DGC, and this includes the 30-40% that is believed to suffer from it! I do believe that we have some black people who have a problem (complex) about their skin color. This ranges from those who think dark blacks are inferior to those who believe light blacks are inferior. This way of thinking is a problem in our community, and it is necessary to get black people to appreciate all the hues which exist in black race (for the sake of unity & mental stability). However while it is important to get people to love the particular “hue” that they possess....we must convince black people to love their particular color (ebon night to mahogany brown to light caramel), without viewing the other existing colors within the black race as inferior. Any attempts to do otherwise, is detrimental to the stability of the black community!

And I totally agree with all that you say. And just for the record, as I'm sure you already know...I luv all my black brothers, from "early morning (very light) ...to mid-night (deep dark) ...and all that falls in-between.

queentswana said:
And I totally agree with all that you say. And just for the record, as I'm sure you already know...I luv all my black brothers, from "early morning (very light) ...to mid-night (deep dark) ...and all that falls in-between.

I know queentswana, and I believe you speak for most black women (men). For the sake of unity and the prosperity of our community it is important to stand against attacks from the outside & within! Intra-racial prejudice serves no purpose other than to divide the black family, and weaken its progress!

WHAT A PLAIN DUMB LOGIC & THEORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never heard of a more RIDICULOUS theory. This topic falls right in the category with the Brothas Livin' On the Down Low. - Another lame @$$ excuse. Wouldn't this be a four-edged sword? Surely, RealBrotha, if there's a 1) DARKGIRLCOMPLEX? Then there most certainly is a 2) BEIGEBROTHACOMPLEX too? There are too, Light Skin Brothas who won't date/marry/fool with EXCEPT during BLACK HISTORY MONTH...A DARK SKIN SISTA. This is almost funny to me because, I am a dark girl...hence the name sweetBROWNsugar, I've always LONGED FOR THE BROTHA WHOSE SKIN WAS BROWN LIKE MINE. A DARKER BROTHA HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY PASSION...THAT SHADE OF SKIN IS SO BEAUTIFUL TO ME! However, looking back in MY case? Dem beautiful dark skin brothas always ran after the fairer skin sistas most times. So I began to find beauty in the other shades of black. Some of us darkskinned sistas don't discriminate? We just don't WAIT!( for these dark skinned brothas to come around.) And too, no hate there cause it's all about CHOICE. Your concept Realbrotha is a bit more wide than just some DarkGirlComplex....it also opens the door for perhaps maybe even a 3) DARKBOYCOMPLEX? Dark skinned men who will not fool with a dark sista? for the same reasons you stated the supposedly Darkgirl wouldn't? And maybe a 4) Lightsistacomplex? Light skinned women who will not fool with no other men but a lightskinned man? For Most people I think it is a matter of CHOICE. Don't lay some heavy theory on us Darkskinned sistas like that! We bare enough weight in this life. Down South, people who truly choose in this manner? We simply say that they are COLORBLIND. Even so, I think there are enough "tones" in the Black race for even the COLORBLIND to choose how they wish. My beef with your theory was that you came off laying it on just us Darkgirls who seem to not choose Darkmen. I kinda took that personal since at one time, I spent a whole lot of time wishing that the many lightskinned brothas that found me attractive were Darkskinned! Your theory though? WHACK.

sweetbrownsugar said:
I have never heard of a more RIDICULOUS theory. This topic falls right in the category with the Brothas Livin' On the Down Low. - Another lame @$$ excuse. Wouldn't this be a four-edged sword? Surely, RealBrotha, if there's a 1) DARKGIRLCOMPLEX? Then there most certainly is a 2) BEIGEBROTHACOMPLEX too? There are too, Light Skin Brothas who won't date/marry/fool with EXCEPT during BLACK HISTORY MONTH...A DARK SKIN SISTA. This is almost funny to me because, I am a dark girl...hence the name sweetBROWNsugar, I've always LONGED FOR THE BROTHA WHOSE SKIN WAS BROWN LIKE MINE. A DARKER BROTHA HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY PASSION...THAT SHADE OF SKIN IS SO BEAUTIFUL TO ME! However, looking back in MY case? Dem beautiful dark skin brothas always ran after the fairer skin sistas most times. So I began to find beauty in the other shades of black. Your concept Realbrotha is a bit more wide than just some DarkGirlComplex....it also opens the door for perhaps maybe even a 3) DARKBOYCOMPLEX? Dark skinned men who will not fool with a dark sista? for the same reasons you stated the supposedly Darkgirl wouldn't? And maybe a 4) Lightsistacomplex? Light skinned women who will not fool with no other men but a lightskinned man? For Most people I think it is a matter of CHOICE. Don't lay some heavy theory on us Darkskinned sistas like that! We bare enough weight in this life.

I agree sister sweetbrownsugar! Also if we look at this further, Realbrother would have us believe the way to counter "DGC" is to have dark skinned black women date/marry dark skinned black men only. It would be safe to say that if this happened, then brown skinned black women could only date/marry brown skinned black men. Similarly under this "theory" light skinned black women could only date/marry light skinned black men. Well this seems like a caste system to me! As such, I fail to see what the benefit to the black community would be, other than to further divide our community!! No thank you, the black community faces enough attacks from the outside to deal with such nonsense. I am proud to be married to a black woman (who happens to dark skinned), that she is dark is no more important than I am light.

Black people, particularly African Americans come in different complexions. The same can even be said of Blacks in Africa. This is part of what makes us a beautiful people! We need to stop looking at different complexions like they are somehow different races...we need to quit assigning negative social beliefs to blacks dating other blacks of different hues (that was a tactic of slave masters). Whether one is light skinned, brown skinned, or dark skinned...we are all the same people. Indeed in today's time there is no reason to look at a light skinned black man with a dark skinned black woman, or a dark skinned black man with a light skinned black woman, as anything other than a BLACk MAN with a BLACK WOMAN!

panafrica said:
Indeed in today's time there is no reason to look at a light skinned black man with a dark skinned black woman, or a dark skinned black man with a light skinned black woman, as anything other than a BLACk MAN with a BLACK WOMAN!

And that, is a Natural fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back