Black Women : Dark Girl Complex by Real Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realbrother

BANNED
Jan 9, 2005
Real Brother here.

I'd like to thank Pan African for hipping me to this site. I'm a Real Brother who believes that the Black Race is worthy of preservation and survival. I am committed to the health well being and survival of the Black Race.

That being said I and PA have a little debate goin' on that he wanted me to bring to this forum and I'm happy to.

DARK GIRL COMPLEX (DGC)
is an ailment that affects primarily DARK SKINNED Black women where they view dark skin as ugly. A DGC sufferer will NEVER under any circumstances date and or marry a dark skinned male.

They find every excuse in the book to fall in love with and mate ONLY White and Light skinned men.

I estimate that of the 70% of Black women who would be considered as "Dark" 30-40% of them are suffering from DGC. It's a very serious problem in the Black community because it eliminates 30-40% of Black women from the dating pool of brown and darker skinned Black men.

There's already a severe shortage of marryable Black women in the United States and to be losing 30-40% of them for this DUMB reason is tragic.

Pan African's wife is a sufferer , she's a beautiful Sista' who grew up in Africa but claims there were not very many Black men in Africa to date (come on now) , she had to come the the US and find someone extremly light to marry.

This is Self-hatred and it's the number one problem we face a a people and it's time to discuss it.

Oh and before you begin, men do suffer from Self-hate issues but men DO NOT choose their women. Women drive dating and marriage and therefore even if a man does have Self-hate issues (and 90% of all Blacks do) this does't matter as men can't turn down offers from Halle Berry because she's too dark.

Dark Girl Complex is the topic of this dicussion, let's discuss.

No Sellout.
TKCAL

most black people around philly have self esteem issues.
the sisters have a real problem as they do bad things to their selves trying to look "good".
for a minute in the sixties, it got better but now it's back to being a problem.
the dark skinned women are lovely.
my friend is very dark with nappy hair.
i think she looks great!

Besides who they choose to marry and have children with, what other manifestations of DGC are there?

It stands to reason that if they are choosing men based on lightness of their skin, they can choose friends on that basis as well. Does that bear out in reality?

What about how such women treat their children based on the darkness of their skin?

Has this complex gotten better or worse over the past sixty years?
peace
get free
unlearn

Real Brother here.

What's up Ambig ?

I think yes, Dark Girl Complex sufferers will lighten their skin and put blond weaves in their hair and have nose jobs, eating disorders and other manifestations of Self-hatred that go along with Self-hatred.

I don't think it affects their choosing of friends as much though. I've noticed that DGC sufferers will have friends who are both light and dark but will most covet their light friends while being envious and jealous of them at the same time. DGC suffers will keep both light and dark friends to re-inforce their Self-hating beliefs.

Of course a DGC sufferer will NEVER date or marry a dark skinned Black male.

Sadly, a DGC sufferer will treat darker children with the same disdain and hatred that they have for themselves but keep in mind a DGC sufferer would NEVER have a child for a man who is dark.

I'd say that DGC has gotten worse in the past 60 years.

No Sellout.
TKCAL

I would like to tell yall about my Beautiful darkskinned sister. She is the Sweet Black Berry that makes up 6 lightskinned Brothers and Sisters. I remember as a child we use to call her choclata, dark child, and a few other names that referred to her skin tone. She is a prima donna by her right. There is no issue with her complexion as far as I can see. She dates brothers dark and lightskinned, but mostly the dark Brothers.

She has this essence that can be seen the moment she enters a room. The way she walk, the way she holds her head up proud and strong, the way she makes eye contact, tells all that a Queen has entered the room and mostly all the lightskinned sisters took notice and admiration to my Sister.

There is no self-esteem issue about her complexion known to me, and we discuss this issue amongst the sisters in my family. I know she is but one, But she is the one who sparked the love for many darkskinned Sisters. She is the one who kept our focused off the lightskinned vs. darkskinned sterotype issues.

I don't know many darkskinned sisters with complexion issues. I believe it is because I befriended Sisters who posessed the same spirit as my Sister. Proud, Beautiful, and a prima donna Queen!

I'm considered a lightskinned Sister. I have an issue with that at times. I don't like when people call me that. It makes me cringe at the thought. I even had arguments about it. LOL I love me some dark Brothers, with the beautiful white teeth and the enchanting eyes.

Ok, I know I went on a talking spree, hahahaha But I think more lightskinned Sisters have these complexion issues, more than the darkskinned Sisters do. The issue that I noticed about my sisters, is when someone tries to put themsleves above and beyond others. This is a trait that I see in more lightskinned Sisters, when observing the the skin tone of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back