Pan Africanism : Darfur crisis is 'as bad as ever'

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Apr 21, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4926234.stm

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
  3. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
  4. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I wonder why so little activity on this thread?

Should this be moved to Open Forum?

Are there any collective actions we (members of Destee) can do to help address this issue?

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Well... I think sometimes a thread gets little activity because often times there is nothing more to be said. I know for me some topics I'm left speechless not because I don't care about it, but because I have nothing more to add, especially when the opinions already expressed pretty much mirror my own.

In the case of this thread, the issue is so horrific yet so unreachable (in terms of what we can do about it), that it's hard to add anything more than a one-liner.

The only thing I can say which is not even a new point is it's important to be viligent of racism all across the globe... it's not necessarily a white thing. How the problem is going to be solved... I don't know, but I do think as more kinship develops between American Blacks and Africans, the Sudanese can help use Black American political power as a springboard to make people aware like Kola Boof has done. I am saying this because (based on what Africans themselves have said), the political climate in some of their own countries does not have the level of freedom that we do here. This is one of the reasons why (in my own opinion), when it comes to Black foreigners, when African Americans support immigration amnesty programs, the Sudanese or any other African that has the chance to come over here are able to do so, at least on paper.

Kola Boof is a person knowlegeable of what's happening over there and she has strong media ties. She seems to stay in contact with the average person... continuing a network with people like that is the first step to at least finding ideas.

6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    do not sleep on those links I gave you above,they seem to explain things on a broader perspective.

7. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    I ain't. Thanks.

But those Janjaweed may have US stamp of approval just like the other DISTURBANCES in the Congo and East Africa region.

Q & A: Crisis in Darfur
    http://www.iviews.com/Articles/articles.asp?ref=HR0604-2980

From there...

With this in mind, Sudan is not JUST A RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCE it is a COLONIAL DIFFERENCE with CONTROL OF RESOURCES AS THE REWARD.

Janajaweed foundation ain't even NATIVE to SUDAN (FOREIGNER) and come from CHAD.

Chad had a war with Libya in the 1980's and both sides were reported to be funded by the French and United States of America for Chad. The French and Chad president and administration help fuel the Janjaweed THIRST for UTTER VIOLENCE or HELL on suffering SUDANESE who wish to DEFEND THEIR WAY OF LIFE.

You may want to believe it is a RELIGIOUS WAR going on but it has French and other stamp of DESTRUCTION written all over it.

http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-2377.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janjaweed
    Even the United States of America Americans directly supported Chadian President Hissène Habré who SPAWN these blood thirsty vile plunderers called the Janjaweed.

I saw a special a few years ago of a Southern Sudanese with a radio host brother from America who went to provide help and he asked the Southern Sudanese what do you want your brother and sisters in America to know.

He said he needed our HELP TO ALERT THE WORLD OF THIS GROSS INJUSTICE. He even acknowledge our FIGHT IN AMERICA and said it the same FIGHT FOR FREEDOM and may we please HELP WITH HAVING IT OUR MINDS among other concerns.

Hopefully we are not just online but offline having discussions of this matter.

I can tell you one thing you wont GAIN alot of friends otherwise.

http://www.joemadison.com/

He is the guy.

Check him.

8. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    This is such a critical and important issue. If African Americans can rally to the aid of our brothers and sisters in Sudan, could this mean there is hope for us here in America to do the same for ourselves?

Thanks for the information. I'm going to find out what I can do here locally.

9. draconisz

draconisz Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, Barack Obama my state senator is the son of an African National. He spoke at length about this tragedy at a rally several days ago. I guess we all need to find out what we can do to help.

10. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    What is bothering me is the majority of folks at that rally were white (based on the images I saw).

Regardless whether the U.S. government has a role in Darfur crisis or not, black folks ought to be organizing and agitating about this.

Even if it's only writing letters or encouraging our organizations to document and publicize this issue at the very least we should present a voice of solidarity by doing something.

I'll second sister Queen and draconisz by finding out what can be done locally.