Haiti : Danny Glover's Haiti film lacked 'white heroes', producers said

Full Speed,

How do you know?

Jerry lewis has amassed billions in donations for muscular dystrophy. Surely
the donors didn't donate because they thought it would benefit them economic-
ally.

Again, how do you know?
As a person with a disability myself I can tell you many people who have disabilities absolutely hate Jerry Lewis. Yeah, he got the donations but he sold his car for gas money.

Is that what we want for Danny glover?

Thanks. This was great!

It belies the myth of the happy slave being pushed today.

Remember that TV show Truth or Consequences? That's what it's down to now.

Re your post above: I know some negros have a distinct aversion to the idea of profiting. That is sad that whenever smaddy thinks of doing something to help Blacks the first thing they want to do is start a non profit organization as if there's no profit in helping Blacks. This attitude must change.
Just my opinion, but I believe the reason they start these non-profits is for the tax benefits AND to try to get government grants and such. I don't fault them as long as they are doing some good. But, we have to understand that we can't count on the government to do the heavy lifting when it comes to lifting us up as a people, telling our story, and bringing about the necessary mindsets required for us to live at our potential.

From a business prospective, we shouldn't be afraid to profit from telling our story, then using that profit to tell more stories that inspire us to move on to the next step in our progressive recovery from the tragedy we have experienced, cause the people who dragged us through that experience certainly are not going to finance our recovery...they think we were better off under their "care", they think we should be thanking them for it.:rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying, but do you have any examples of Black folks giving their money for the sake of telling a story in the form of a movie with no expectation of a return on investment? IMO, you are being idealistic and simply don't understand the reality of raising capital to finance a movie.

Did your starting a business began at first as an idea
that ultimately became a reality? Miss me with the
the 'doubting thomas' perspective.

How much did cosby make from donationg millions
to black colleges, Full Speed?

Further more I am putting forth a proposal. A possible
solution as to how to get money for movies that hollyjew
will likely turn down.

You use jerry's kids as an example, but that's apples and oranges. Nobody's donating money to make a movie about muscular distrophy.

That is a strawman. It's not about making a movie about muscular distrophy. It is about supporting (i.e. donation) something folks
folks believe is worth investing in; be it a movie about ida b. wells or breast cancer. If you ain't with it, then say you ain't with it.

As a person with a disability myself I can tell you many people who have disabilities absolutely hate Jerry Lewis. Yeah, he got the donations but he sold his car for gas money.

Is that what we want for Danny glover?

Come on now:

Look, I use him simply as an example. We can substitute him
with democracy now, npr, pacifica radio, donations to build a
church, donations for katrina, donations for haitians caught
in the earthquake.

Must we be so pedantic?

Did your starting a business began at first as an idea
that ultimately became a reality? Miss me with the
the 'doubting thomas' perspective.

How much did cosby make from donationg millions
to black colleges, Full Speed?

Further more I am putting forth a proposal. A possible
solution as to how to get money for movies that hollyjew
will likely turn down.

That is a strawman. It's not about making a movie about muscular distrophy. It is about supporting (i.e. donation) something folks
folks believe is worth investing in; be it a movie about ida b. wells or breast cancer. If you ain't with it, then say you ain't with it.
OK, brother. If you think it will work that way, I ain't mad atcha.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back