Haiti : Danny Glover's Haiti film lacked 'white heroes', producers said

this matrix that we live in is crazy....
these mofos what a white hero in a black historic movie from whence there was no white heros...smh
i can really see why i hated history until i went to famu and got some actual facts at amen ra bookstore...
http://www.aakhetworld.com/bookclub.html

one love
khasm
and they prolly want the Toussant character to be the magic negro

Paris.– US actor Danny Glover, who plans an epic next year on Haitian independence hero Toussaint-Louverture, said he slaved to raise funds for the movie because financiers complained there were no white heroes.
"Producers said 'It's a nice project, a great project... where are the white heroes?'" he told the press during a stay in Paris this month for a seminar on film.
"I couldn't get the money here, I couldn't get the money in Britain. I went to everybody. You wouldn't believe the number of producers based in Europe, and in the States, that I went to," he said.

D"The first question you get, is 'Is it a black film?' All of them agree, it's not going to do good in Europe, it's not going to do good in Japan.
"Somebody has to prove that to be a lie!", he said. "Maybe I'll have the chance to prove it."
"Toussaint," Glover's first project as film director, is about Francois Dominique Toussaint Louverture (1743-1803), a former slave and one of the fathers of Haiti's independence from France in 1804, making it the first black nation to throw off imperial rule and become a republic.
The uprising he led was bloodily put down in 1802 by 20,000 soldiers dispatched to the Caribbean by Napoleon Bonaparte, who then re-established slavery after its ban by the leaders of the French Revolution.
Due to be shot in Venezuela early next year, the film will star Don Cheadle, Mos Def, Wesley Snipes and Angela Bassett.
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/pe...Haiti-film-lacked-white-heroes-producers-said

Little by little, and slowly those of us who have enjoyed life in the upper bleachers are getting the message.....that you're still Black, and try as you will, you'll never get the support you seek from the White community. And the even sadder part is..our community will not support you either. This would be an ideal time for some of our athletes/stars to get together and help this brother out. Will they?
I wish they'd make a liar out of me!! Because I don't think they will!!!

And why didn't he go to Quincy Jones? There aren't any white heroes in the Color Purple or the Women of Brewster Place.

Whites are a minority globally. The idea that nothing can succeed unless they approve of it is an illussion.

Here's one thing we can do to get the word out about this film. Let's take up a fund payable to Destee for a banner advertising the film. And those of you who own websites you can post the banner on your sites. We can start now like they did with the Batman movie then add information as it becomes available.

Interesting, your proposal is.

I've tried to reach out to folks in the industry having a hard time trying to
make movies of this kind and similar, due to the lack of funds. One being bill duke.
Create some kind of member supported organization to fund movies that hollywhite
would not support.

For example: A movie that may cost, I don't know, say 10 million to make.
Create a fund drive, getting at least but not limited to, 200k folks to invest in it.
Each could donate at least, $50 for the project, though any donation will not be
turned down. Provide to donors a summary/overview of what the movie is about;
who are the actors/directors/produces that are participating in the project.

Movies like the one glover is working on, I bet there are at least 1 million black folk who
desire to see movies dealing with pages of our history torn from the book of human history
and swept under the rug.

I wonder if dessalines and bookman got some good amount of recognition in glovers project.

.... This would be an ideal time for some of our athletes/stars to get together and help this brother out...

I agree with that. 200,000 folks donating $50 to reach
$10 million is far more challenging than getting 20 wealthy
athletes/celebs to donate $500K. Make it a tax write-off or
something.

Beware of the assimilationist-negroes who may attack that
sentiment with 'why you telling people what to do with they money',
trip.

And why didn't he go to Quincy Jones? There aren't any white heroes in the Color Purple or the Women of Brewster Place.

Whites are a minority globally. The idea that nothing can succeed unless they approve of it is an illussion.

Here's one thing we can do to get the word out about this film. Let's take up a fund payable to Destee for a banner advertising the film. And those of you who own websites you can post the banner on your sites. We can start now like they did with the Batman movie then add information as it becomes available.
you are right sister with all the time we waste worrying about their this and their that, he could have raised 50 cent a month from each of the 36 million of us in this nation!!!!!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back