Amun-Ra : Dangerous Psychology When We Cheat!

Just the beginning . . .

Saying no is just the beginning. Once we make our minds not to do something, the opportunities to do what we have stood against will come again and again and with different rationales as to why we should change our minds, but it is all the same--either we have integrity or we don't. This is not to say that we will not slip and fall. Everyone slips and falls in some fashion whether it is just in our mind. As President Jimmy Carter lusted in his heart he was guilty of cheating on Roselyn to a lesser degree, but at least that was excusable because we can't always control what comes into our minds. BUT! We can control how long it stays there.

In my mind I have ravished too many and I am guilty because I made no attempt to put it out. I enjoyed it. Still, my integrity remains in tact until I take physical action, even though I know within myself that my integrity has been breached just a little. However, that internal breach harms no one and can even lead to stronger attraction to the ones we love, or, it can lead us to fall into the tender traps that lie in wait for all of us whenever we have that moment of weakness that inevitably calls on each of us. That is when we separate the men from the boys and the girls from the women. We can all stand tall when the temptation is small or undesireable, but when desireability combines with secrecy, suddenly our integrity may be in jeopardy.

To cut straight to the heart of the matter--it is about the promise. It is that simple. When we commit to one person we are in effect promising that he or she is the only person in our lives PERIOD! Not some time. Not every now and then, but always! Now we know that people stray and that is only human and sometimes it happens, but when we go into a relationship al ready prepared to step out of it when an opportunity presents itself then we have lied twice. We have lied to the person who accepted us at out word and we have lied to all the eyes that believed us.

Basically, integrity is having the willpower to always do the right thing. Not the things we want to do, but the right thing. The things we are supposed to do. I have lusted for Halle Barry since she hit the screen, but I am afraid that I would have to leave her alone because I would not want to inpune her or my integrity. I might waste a few minutes lsuting in my heart, but in the final analysis, I just have to walk away with strength.

It is easy to go from one to another as the grass is always greener and there is plenty of grass that needs to be mowed, but a real man or woman understands that their word is bond and when it comes down to it, our reputations are all we have that says anything about us. And for those who don't believe it, truly what goes in the dark willl come to light!

Ra

:heart:

well said

and much appreciated. And so true, down to your last sentence.(sentiment found throughout the Scriptures, but I chose Luke 8: 16-18 for this discussion).

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

What you are saying/teaching here is sound Christian-based doctrine, Ra. I mean no offense here, and you know this, but this is good and true information for all people who struggle with their lusts/passions. Practicing this kind of behavior (no matter what your religious persuasion) will ensure a good, enriched life. And for those of us who believe, it's one of the principles we must adhere to if we're striving for the Kingdom.

Thank you again my ever-thought-provoking-brotha!

a

ps ...and to quote a Pastor I heard one time, "as I speak, I am also listening"...

Good sense is good sense

Even though I am on the other side of the coin when it comes to religion, I do not deny that in the hallmark books of all religions there is much wisdom that needs to be embraced and those who are wise do so. I know that infidelity is such a touchy subject that few can discuss it without becoming caught up in an either or situation. I would be the last to condone such behavior, but I would be the first to say that it happens and that not everyone who does it is worthy of our derision.

I could see myself in those shoes too easily for I am a weak man and I love women, just about all women. I fear that if I were tempted too regularly that I might slide off the hill. So, I can hardly throw rocks at someone who has all ready fallen unless it is repeated behavior. At some point it stops being a mistake or a moment of weakness and becomes willing deception.

This is a moment when the saying "hate the sin, not the sinner"comes into play because I see where it could be anyone. I am sure that Jesse Jackson was repentant and wished he had never done what he did, but it happened. Do we keep beating on Jesse, or do we acknowledge that such things happen and try to understand Jesse the man, instead of Jesse the preacher?

There is no way to make it right, but we gain nothing from beating on Jesse especially when we don't know if we will be next. I have lived long enough to know that it is unwise to say what you'll never do, because I have done most of those things that I said I would never do and I wonder if I am doomed to do the rest.

Hopefully not. My heart is with those who are hurt by this deceptive behavior, this breaking of faith, this willful destruction of trust. Men and women, we play a dangerous game when we cheat and the consequences can be long lasting.

Still, I want to be clear that I cast no stones here because my windows are of glass also.

Ra

:heart:

Ra

I think that before the word no is said, the person who is considering cheating on their spouse should ask themselves why they are cheating...why is it that the one they are with has to take a back seat while they go out and play...

if two people are mature, and they make a committment to one another, then part of that maturity should be to realise, that if there is a problem in the relationship and they find they would like to have a bit on the side, that they owe it to their partner to be honest and open and bring the problem to the table, sit down and discuss it, and see if it is something that can be repaired or if it's too late, and therefore they agree to go their separate ways..

the act of cheating is a big enough betrayal to a relationship, but to try and do it, while hoodwinking your partner and then pretending that everything is rosy at home, is an even bigger betrayal....

who knows exactly why women and men cheat on each other, the reasons are many and varied, but I think the bottom line here, from my point of view anyway, is as you said, integrity...caring, consideration, thoughfulness, towards someone you profess to love...if you fall out of love or have to play the field, at least do it with a semblance of decency...be man or woman enough, to treat your partner as a person, not as used goods that you no longer have use for...and take into consideration what you already have and weigh up wether or not it's worth losing for a bit of pleasure on the side....how many times do you hear,"it didn't mean anything" ....if it has no meaning, why do it?...

K

Kem

i've seen dis way too many tymes
da older da less mature like been
a child again yet some do become
wiser...cheating is most def an act
of betrayal to the relationship many
can't go to da table trying too work it
out it only bring more madness within
coz one in denial of cheating....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back