Amun-Ra : Dangerous Psychology When We Cheat!

Kitana

u speak truth here but some can't help it!!
life has delt a hand of lustful notions and
so many of us humans feed into this style
yet the other partner stay in it coz of love
and devotion but cheating should be a crime!
becoz it only hurt othes who love's their mate
well one thing 4 sure this will play a role in life
til the world end.......

So Tru

We often lose sight of the fact that there are always two parties involved--it seems that it has been the exclusive domain ofmn as far as acceptance is concerned--of course women do it and have done it for years, but it has been looked upon as a male thing--with a wink of the eye--but it ain't funny no more--Ra

no laughing matter

sure u right female has roam and played da game long
ago as male did and sometyme i ask who started it all
where did this come from as i search for many answers
cheating has took storm in da world and roam freely
like a destructional mad vibe on da loose...it ain't funny
now as we watch love one fall by da waste side alone

like this thing wit M.J the jordans smashed in da eye
like never before and here stand a woman saying she
been wit him ova 8 months or so .....one happy home
gone to trash is a prime time show but who's laughing

it's a loosers game that i wish not to play never again
i was young unwised and foolished at some point
but truely i've learned the standard of life & love
and what cheating can do ......it's a rude awakening
to self destruction and hurt & pain in da end only shame
shine in minds ...it's not funny :eek:

Integrity

Basically, it all boils down to integrity. When we make a promise or commitment--how good is our word? Men and women have built entire careers based solely on their word because they proven their integrity. They do the right thing even when it is not personally beneficial, but they do not risk their integrity. Cheating breaks integrity. It is the breaking of the promise that stigmatizes it. Once the promise is broken so is integrity. Words no longer count at that point.

Ra

Piggy Backing On the word....

and it is important to live true to one's word. Our word is our bond and our actions should be in agreement with what we've said. Even the Bible teaches that it is better not to make a vow, than to make one in vain and break it.

You have written on this topic before, and I have your work, in a more extensive dissertation, in my files. Now that this has come to my attention once again in this forum (I'm cruising for mental nourishment...finding it, too!), I will be going through the studies you've provided me with on the subjects of Polygamy, Monogamy, Polyandry ... and their place in our world, vs. "cheating". Many people (especially men), don't like to use that word; perhaps preferring some other euphemistic label. But in my estimation, if something is being done undercover, where all parties are not aware, that's plain and simple cheating. We have to be able to call it like it is, no matter what side of the coin we may find ourselves on, be it the "cheater" or the "cheatee".

Michael Baisden, a brotha, wrote a book entitled "Never Satisfied: How and Why Men Cheat". I've read it and recommended it to everyone. It is from a survey of men AND women, and how many factors play into this thing called "cheating"...on many levels, i.e. engaged folks, boyfriend/girlfriend, live-in lovers... marrieds...etc. He received a lot of flack from brothas because it seemed he was giving up the brotha-hood secrets..selling the brothas out. But I believe the book is beneficial for people interested in learning some of the reasons why relationships get into stuck-modes, thus causing people to wander. Of course, there are those cases where some folks are just gonna be "out there", don't need no "reason". The author himself, is a recovering "cheater", and said the book was partly for healing himself. He has a daughter from a relationship that didn't work out; and he saw his former behavior as a detriment to positive role modeling and child rearing. What was his daughter learning from him, and her mother? I recommend people check it out and see what they think.

Ra, what you've brought here is very strong. Honor and integrity is what men and women should be about. No matter what the temptation or how alluring the attraction.

Now, with all the good words we've written... is just saying "no" all that's needed in order to stop the cheating heart? Can a person just do it on will power alone? Are there other, more intense, more spiritual, introspective things people need to do in order to "change" hurtful/harmful behaviors?

Come back Ra @ me, I know you will :)

Thank you
a

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back