Black Entertainment : D'angelo...charged with DUI

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by kente417mojo, Jan 21, 2005.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
  2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    daaaaaaaaam!....that cat has put on mad weight....

3. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34

Yeah man, remember whn he first came out and he was over-weight. Then he got all cut-up when he did Voodoo, his second album. Now he's back to being fat again. He must be one of those people that's going to be battling his weight forever. It's a shame man. I'm a huge fan of D'angelo too. I hope his third album is great, which it probably will be. This must explain why he's been away so long...battling weight problem and drug issues. :rain:

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Sad to hear about this. What bothers me about his appearance, is that he just looks strung out. Hopefully he can find the strength within himself to do something about this drug problem. It's possible, but it's up to him.

5. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15

Dang...that messed up my mental image of him forever...what in the heck happened to him? What is he going through? Why can't these people stay in the news with their craft and not with dumb ish?

6. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I know Carrie, when I found this article I was listening to some of his music and I saw that picture and I was like "oh my god". He looks sooo bad. Like he has a lot of issues. It's sad. That right there shows you money and fame don't make you happy. He looks miserable. I know musicians are not perfect and they have problems like everyone else, but man...it's still a shock.

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    He looks sobad because the picture was taken when he was locked up, not when he was on the street, even though it would not make that much of a difference. By the way, I am very disappointed about how they started that crap article out with "How Does It Feel" to get arrested for a DUI? Just ask D'Angelo.
    That sends a bad message in my mind. The problem with having fame and fortune is people do not want to help heal your weaknesses. This does not surprise me one bit. It's sad how artists go in the dark, and the next time you hear about them, they are in trouble. This is ticking me off, i'm about to leave the subject.

CD

8. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I hear you, but at the same time he looks like he's been hitting the bottle and overeating a bit...just by the puffiness in his face. Can you imagine if that were Usher in 2006? That would be shocking considering how he looks today. Sometimes I am very thankful for my invisible existance, I don't think I'd like the pressure of fame.

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i'm not dissapointed in him for getting a dui....many of us would have gotten a dui if pulled over one night after driving back from da club/bar/lounge....ish happens....but this cat looks kinda bad compared to what he used to look like....i knew he was on some ish when it took him almost 5 years to come out with a second album...for some reason i think he my be a manic depressant...chokin herb alone won't have u out there looking like that...unless you are just a lazy mofo...i dunno...i hope he bounces back...his image as a sex symbol is looking kinda smokey right now(get it...smokey :lol: )
    one love
    khasm

10. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree with that. I wouldn't mind having the money, but you can keep the fame. That's not something I want.

He definately looks like he's been sitting around drinking, smoking and eating. He had weight problems before when he was depressed, so maybe he's depressed again. That's what I heard from an article that I read when VooDoo came out. Maybe he's one of those people that can't cope with stress and personal problems. Who knows.