Black People : Dance Afrika 2006

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by QUEEN ABENA, May 31, 2006.

1. QUEEN ABENA

QUEEN ABENA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Greetings All

Did anybody here take in the festivities @Dance Afrika over the holiday weekend.

It was in Brooklyn from Friday -Monday. It was wonderful. Beautiful Black Brothers and Sisters Uniting, Dancing, Building, Growing, Teaching, Loving.etc...

I wish we could have a Dance Afrika every weekend. But anyhow there was one particular vendor that interested me and might interest you as well.

These brothers and sisters started a website called "AbolishTheNWord.com"
    check out the site. It gives a very descriptive view of why we as Black people should definitely STOP embracing this word as a "term of endearment".

I personally dont use the word and I support their cause for Building this site and putting the word out. We must stop Disrespecting one another with this Word that is attached to such a painful past.

Peace & Love

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Yeah, sis, I did, and it is, indeed, a beautiful thing... As a drummer, I am in heaven every year when this event takes place - just in skins heaven, babeee!!! Lord Have Mercy, the fever of African Drums and percussion is just no joke to me, it is sacred...

Unfortunately, this is a Brooklyn event, and I don't know how many folks here are from this area... If ever they get a chance to get down here in the summer, this town will burn you out with things culturally AFRICAN... I know that when I leave here someday, that is the THING I will miss most - literally hundreds of thousands of beautiful Africans all over the streets, young and old, fat and skinny, men and women all in living beautiful technicolor AFRICAN... Howwwww Sweet it is!

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. QUEEN ABENA

Ratings:
    +1
    Tell me about it!!! Every beat of the drum sent a tingle up my spine. I could just listen to the beats all day long . Sooothing, Beautiful, Powerful, Warrior Music. AHHHHHHHH the sounds of the Motherland.

Peace & Blaessings

4. QUEEN ABENA

Ratings:
    +1

Greetings to you Sister Aglo

did u get a chance to check out the site? It's rather interesting. The introduction is extremely GRAPHIC.