Black Women : daily sister devotions

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by LisetteBradford, Jan 3, 2004.

1. LisetteBradford

LisetteBradford Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i don't know if it is possible, but here i go.

is this a place where i can post daily sister devotions that are bibical based?

lis

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    LisetteBradford ... Hello and Welcome! :wave:

Thank you for being willing to share with us. If the posts are spiritual, it is best to put them in the Spirituality / Religion Forum. I'm sure the Sisters peek in there as well, so they won't be missed.

:heart:

Destee

3. LisetteBradford

LisetteBradford Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    hello,

thank you. i will do that.

lis

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Greetings Lisette and welcome to our community. Looking forward to your posts!

Peace! :spinstar:

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    "I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good."
    -Oprah Winfrey

"We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily difference we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee."
    -Marian Wright Edelman

"It is this belief in a power larger than myself and other than myself, which allows me to venture into the unknown and even the unknowable."
    -Maya Angelou

"If you feel incomplete, you alone must fill yourself with love in all your empty, shattered spaces."
    -Oprah Winfrey

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Inspiring Quotes By Black Women

http://www.motivatedsista.com/2010/01/11/10-inspiring-quotes-by-black-women/

You don’t become what you want; you become what you believe.
    Oprah Winfrey

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
    Maya Angelou

Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go—purge yourself . . . If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.
    Tina Turner

Don’t settle for average. Bring your best to the moment. Then, whether it fails or succeeds, at least you know you gave all you had. We need to live the best that’s in us.
    Angela Bassett

I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try.
    Nikki Giovanni

I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminshes fear.
    Rosa Parks

Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.
    Susan L. Taylor

Just don’t give up what you’re trying to do. Where there is Love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.
    Ella Fitzgerald

When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.
    Audre Lorde

Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.
    Wilma Rudolph

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other.
    Harriet Tubman – An abolitionist, humanitarian and Union spy during the American Civil War

It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength. We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the threads of that tapestry are equal in value no matter their color.
    Maya Angelou – An autobiographer and poet

If women want any rights more than they’s got, why don’t they just take them, and not be talking about it.
    Sojourner Truth – An abolitionist and women’s rights activist

I’m not wise, but the beginning of wisdom is there; it’s like relaxing into – and an acceptance of – things.
    Tina Turner – A singer and actress whose career has spanned more than 50 years

I knew someone had to take the first step and I made up my mind not to move.
    Rosa Parks – A civil rights activist

For I am my mother’s daughter, and the drums of Africa still beat in my heart. They will not let me rest while there is a single Negro boy or girl without a chance to prove his worth.
    Mary McLeod Bethune – An educator, civil rights leader and advisor to President Franklin D. Roosevelt

We look into mirrors but we only see the effects of our times on us — not our effects on others.
    Pearl Bailey – An actress and singer

I’ve been poor and I’ve been rich, and rich is better.
    Bessie Smith – A blues singer

The times may have changed, but the people are still the same. We’re still looking for love, and that will always be our struggle as human beings.
    Halle Berry – An actress, fashion model and beauty queen

There is one thing you have got to learn about our movement. Three people are better than no people.
    Fannie Lou Hamer – A voting rights activist and civil rights leader

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
  9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    https://www.msu.edu/user/stromsco/angelou.html

The Black female is assaulted in her tender years by all those common forces of nature at the same time that she is caught in the tripartite crossfire of masculine prejudice, white illogical hate and Black lack of power.

"The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerence. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance"
    - Maya Angelou

If growing up is painful for the Southern Black girl, being aware of her displacement is the rust on the razor that threatens the throat. - from I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

10. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Users found this page by searching for:

1. daily devotions for black women

2. daily devotional for black women

3. daily devotional for women of color

4. daily devotionals for black women,
  5. free african american daily devotions,
  6. african american daily devotions,
  7. black women devotional,