Black People : Dad loses Cool on School Bus

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Sep 19, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Dad Loses His Cool, Threatens Daughter's Alleged Bullies on Bus
    His Raw and Obscene Rage Was Caught on the School bus' Security Camera

By YUNJI DE NIES and SUZANNE YEO
    Sept. 17, 2010

Authorities arrested a central Florida father Thursday after he boarded a school bus and reportedly threatened students who were allegedly bullying his daughter.

James Jones' raw and obscene rage was on caught on the school bus' security camera.

He was charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing a school function in Lake Mary, Fla.

The video is blurred but Jones' anger is clear.

"Everybody sit down. Everybody sit down," Jones said on the surveillance tape.

He then orders his 11-year-old daughter to point out her alleged tormentors. "Show me which one. Show me which one," he said.

READ MORE:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/dad-loses-cool-threatens-students-bus/story?id=11660119

Was this called for?

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Yeah,I saw this and I could see myself acting the same way. But the right action should have been was to call a meeting of the parents of the kids that was involved and put the hazing to bed. I have had to do this but in that meeting I have said that this was the first and last time I'm going to do this. They was free to take that to mean what ever they wanted it to mean but what I meant that if your son bother my daughter again that I got somebody that will bother him.

I refuse to be like some parents I know that whine,plead and constanly beg other folks to control their child. One friend of ours has a does this very thing. Her daughter that has seizures don't get along with this other child, so since the child can't really beat her,what she does is get her older brother that's about 4 years older to hold her down while she beats her.

Forget that,you got one opprotunity to control your child,then the next time is my turn.

Peace!

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Why is the boy's mother mad? He shouldn't have been harassing a girl. Throwing condoms on her head? Heck nawl. I bet the mom was a wee bit jealous cuz she probably doesn't have a father figure to steer her unruly son in the right direction. Pretending to be upset, LOL. She on camera looking stupid. As if her son is an angel at home.

I applaud him... although he could've been a lil' more orderly in addressing the situation.

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I and my wife had the same question,why was the mother mad? I know it would have been different if her son was harassed by boys doing he same things, and he isn't a girl.

Peace!

5. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I would just pull her out.. if it's not safe.. not productive.. not in her best
    interest.. just pull her out.. and put her someplace that is all of those things..
    it really is that simple.

6. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    No,it's not. Everything is not a matter of just "doing it".

7. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    oh.. my bad..

I didn't realize we were talking about "everything".. I thought we were
    discussing this man's reaction to his daughter being assaulted in school..

It's my opinion that he should take it extremely serious and move her out
    of that situation.. that's exactly what I would do.. and it is that simple..
    the execution may be complicated, but the action and the decision to take
    the action are very very simple. What those boys did to her is just the
    beginning of what they may end up doing to her.. and the impact that their
    actions can have on the development of that young girl is worth taking
    drastic action to avoid.. in my opinion.. now if you have some substantive
    objection to any of that, let me know.. and if you would, let me know the
    thinking/rationale behind the objection too... because just saying "no it don't"
    is not really helpful or useful or anything at all..

Peace.

8. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    We weren't,don't be so punctilious. You know the context in which this was made.

Yes we were/are.

And I'm telling you it's not always that "simple". If things were no one would have any strife about any situation that arises. Do you know what zoning is? You just can't say I want my child to go to this or that school and have that district enroll him or her. and everybody can't up and move just because their child is having problems in school so let be real.

Everything,and I do mean everything is always easier said than done.

What drastic actions do you suggest they take,provided they can take them? What if they had a child that was handicapped and they house they live in now was handicapped accessible. Do you think it's so easy to snap you finger and have that done? I've had to go through that,I've had to take care of a handicap person and depending on what is wrong,you may have to get 24hr nursing.

I've just did. Every situation is not the same and every situation can't be solved by "just doing it". How many people would love to work close to home? I know I would, people's skill and trades makes that impossible most of the time. But going by your logic, they can just lobby to have a factory build right down the street from them.

"The execution may be complicated, but the action and the decision to take the action are very very simple". Isn't your child worth this type of "drastic" action?

Peace!

9. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Enki,

Im not talking about factories.. or universal concepts the can applied to
    every situation.. I'm talking about this man that went to jail for trying to
    protect his daughter.. if you don't agree that he should remove her thats
    fine.. I dont have any comment regarding this mans hypothetical
    handicapped child.. or any of the other hypothetical roadblocks you have
    imagined just for the sake of being argumentative..

I think he should remove his daughter.. that's what I would do.. regardless of
    how challenging that might be.. the safety and well-being of my children is
    paramount.. I would pull her home immediately.. I would not leave it to the
    school that failed to prevent it in the first place.. or the police.. or the
    children.. there's no telling what damage the entire ordeal has already done
    to his reputation in his community.. to his job.. to his standing with the school..
    he should have just pulled her out.. find some independent study
    or another school.. go private.. use a relatives address for a different school..
    their are tons of ways to make that happen.. but what school she goes to
    is a secondary consideration.. the issue is her safety.. His idea ending with
    him getting tangled in the web of the criminal justice system..

This is my opinion. It doesn't need to be reconciled with your opinion.

peace.​

10. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    ummmm

wondering WHERE is their a SAFE SPACE for ANY Afreekan child less knowing one with a physical disability to go with that black skin color....who will not be treated as this system has taught our children to behave.

Also...how many moves will it take to find the sanctuary this and EVERY Afreekan child needs and deserves to be able to capitalize off this edumacational shystem so they don't end up a "failure"...ie have a safe place to learn, grow, develop in order to move into a position in later life where they can be "self-sufficient"?

It is Black to know this one little black girl learned that a Black Man WILL STAND UP for her and protect her.
    I also dont' see any harm in the BOTH/AND here as he may very well be in a position and desire to move his family to safer grounds:10500:

I'm just wondering WHERE is their such a place and how much does it cost:?:

Black man get up and stand up for his right to protect his seed, take responsibility and be a bigger bully then the one threatening his woman and child punished...encouraged by another Black man to turn tail and run....:SuN049:....in such a times as these:rain:

M.E.
    :hearts2: