Jails / Prisons : Cynthia Mckinney's prison stint REVISITED: answer this

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by THE-GOD, Aug 12, 2009.

1. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    Cynthia Mckinney said that Israeli prisons were full of black people, now was she talking about the ethopians who immigrated to israel recently or the black palenstinians

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    "..But I’ve learned an interesting thing by being inside this prison. First of all, it’s incredibly black: populated mostly by Ethiopians who also had a dream … like my cellmates, one who is pregnant. They are all are in their twenties. They thought they were coming to the Holy Land. They had a dream that their lives would be better … The once proud, never colonized Ethiopia [has been thrown into] the back pocket of the United States, and become a place of torture, rendition, and occupation. Ethiopians must free their country because superpower politics [have] become more important than human rights and self-determination.

My cellmates came to the Holy Land so they could be free from the exigencies of superpower politics. They committed no crime except to have a dream. They came to Israel because they thought that Israel held promise for them. Their journey to Israel through Sudan and Egypt was arduous. I can only imagine what it must have been like for them. And it wasn’t cheap. Many of them represent their family’s best collective efforts for self-fulfilment. They made their way to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees. They got their yellow paper of identification. They got their certificate for police protection. They are refugees from tragedy, and they made it to Israel only after they arrived Israel told them “there is no UN in Israel.”

http://palestinethinktank.com/2009/07/08/cynthia-mckinney-letter-from-an-israeli-jail/

3. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    o ok thanks, I wonder what they in prison for because "having a dream" don't explain much