Science and Technology : cutting the white supremacy out of science and technology

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by skuderjaymes, Dec 29, 2009.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    There are so many great sources of scientific information.. the information is
    great but in the spaces inbetween, where the author injects his or her opinion
    we find so much mis-information about origins and history.. I write in my books
    with a pencil.. I line out misinformation and I write in questions and comments..
    I think if we do this same thing on a larger scale.. and, book by book, create
    new introductions and frame the information in more honest and appropriate
    ways.. ways that don't perpetuate the white supremacist lie any further..
    We need to create companion books in the same form as "Cliff-Notes" and
    make them freely available for our people, so that we can mitigate the
    effects of white supremacist ideology in Science and Technology.

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    That

is so powerful

3. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379

Sorry to say bro
    but too many OLD heads think by doing that
    you trying to tear down Black people smh...

4. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    Great idea that will actually work. ^5 !!!

5. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    My dearest brother, I know it can get frustrating at times. But all we can ever do is put the truth out there and share honestly and openly.

Who actually gains what ??? :10500:

A lot of times information simmers and all of a sudden somebody will grasp on and the snowball effect start rolling.

I can't tell you how many times, I get the jest of something , A day, A week, even weeks sometimes afterwards. It's truly a slow process, But please , please keep sharing.

Great study habits helps a lot when practiced often. My professor and life coach never gave up on me. As if he did , I too, would have stayed in the dark. Thank God, that he had the patience, diligence, and ultimately loved his people enough to be persistent. Not an easy road by far. **smile**

Once we learn how to recognize and identify what is westernized training, That's a great start. I still catch myself at times.

My 3 cents

Much luv 2 u , as always and Peace

6. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379
    Peace 2 u also.

The way I see it, we must always seek change to improve ourselves.
    Old habits dioe hard, and will we hold on to some of trhem sub concietiosly.
    Thta can be always be improved, by study and criotal analysis
    of what it is we ned t cahnfge, but when we take on the mentality of
    Man you whining nobaody wanna here that crap, I'm ak eep it real.
    Then we will never progress , if we cannot except constructive critism
    of myself and of ourself, hotep sister!

7. rnojonson

rnojonson Well-Known Member MEMBER

electrical draftsman/pc tech
    Ratings:
    +16
    one day you got to actualize

But what makes that scientific info different in your hands? When you do the analysis, take out the disfiguring color, do you add your own kind of disfigurement or are you searching for raw science. Then to make it valid, what is your application, how useful is this to the rest of us, because I take it you are not doing this for yourself. We may need a new kind of education in order to better appropriate your findings.

Pablo Soleri, the architect, in order for you and me to understand his vision is building a city, Arcosanti, with disciples, students and volunteers. This is to test/prove what he sees with an actual entity.

During my college days (the 70's) I read all about the autonomous house, able to supply its own energy and heat off-grid and recycle waste. The hippies did it on a shoestring, today we wait for lawyers to finish haggling the building codes while utilities position themselves to bilk us with "new technology" the same way as with the "old technology". Save me from a $500 monthly winter heating bill, that is good science.

I, like my dad got skillful late in life. For dad it was near the end of WW2 they let him out of the navy kitchen and into the navy machine shop. I got my real education at the college library where I worked and later when I bought a computer. After you handle any technology, you are bound to figure out how to improve it or apply it differently. If you want to make a business out of that, you need a patent. Just try to get a patent in this country on your own. If you lower the patent bar for your brothers, that is good science.

I did the same as you, make notes about everything. I was into architecture, the hardest thing was calling African "mud huts", "adobe homes". I superimposed a geodesic dome onto a picture of one of these round adobe homes. It looked right at home and what a rush of enlightenment.

You can scour a 100 books a year, it might take a life time to prove just one. I think physical reality is way way slower that thought.

8. middleTrat

middleTrat Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Wikipedia is a good free information source for everybody isn't it?