Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Cute Natural Hair Styles

:congrats: to all going thur the transition.. it's been about 5yrs for me and I love being "Free" my hair is really thick now, which was not the case when I was on lock down to my stylist every two week for @ least 6hours fryin my hair....

Virgomistress... I may have to try the coniditioner only, I've also experienced my hair being brittle after washing, but once adding the conditioner it's soft again. Did the conditioner do a good job cleaning your hair as well?

Now in terms of style.. I generally wear "The Twist" or "Braids" zillions, I alternate between the two. Now, with my twist after about 3-4 days I pull them apart, which gives me the curly look...the only downer to that look... before bed I have to twist them back up, just to pull them apart the next day.

Thanks Destee for starting this thread..congrats again ladies on your transition.

Style Ideas

I've never had processed hair. Been natural all my life, but I usually wear extentions (braids) because although they take forever to do (i do em myself), they last long and I don't have to bother with em much. However, recently, I've been wearing my hair out without extensions. The only styles I can do without going to a salon is twists or cornrows in front, fro in back (hence my handle). I consider my hair short. It's probably about shoulder length. What other styles can I do myself?

Hi Sonnee! Heres what I do when I conditioner wash

HOW TO DO A CONDITIONER WASH

1. Thoroughly soak your hair with warm water. Work out the tangles with your fingers

2. Take your conditioner (don't use too much), place some in your hands and apply it to your hair and scalp (in sections if you have longer hair). Let it sit for a bit them massage it in as if it were shampoo. Be sure to concentrate on your scalp. Use you fingertips, not your nails. Gently work out any knots in your hair with your fingers.

3. Rinse VERY well with cool water.

4. Some may use more conditioner and rinse that out after doing the "conditioner wash". Experiment and see what works for you.

5. Lastly style your hair. You can use a clear gel or apply a leave-in conditioner to soaking wet hair.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back